Why

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
bosshaft
Intermediate Member

Why

Post by bosshaft »

why do u host only PRE games and mid?
serious discussion, isnt it boring as fuck? 90% of the games hosted are pre or mid, the other 10% are scens or something else.

pre = clubciv with 12+ 5 speed running around and killing eco. whats so fun about that i will never understand that.
mid = nearly the same, you just pick swords or horses with speed update in civ.

where are the other sets like indy sh, mod sh/tl/nr, FUNSETZ or even liga. none of them are hosted anytime
and if u host some set like this nobody joins. thats annoying as fuck.

the other thing is, if u finally decide to join one of the 5 hosted pre or mid games, because u want to play at least something, there are some wannabes like oldguard who kicks everyone who doesnt have a cool known name. like its a VIP game for an exclusive club. wtf is wrong with u

just my 5 cents (or 5 won in north korea)

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Re: Why

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

I agree 100% with alot of players who did play mod or indy or liga setts have sadly gone to other games because no one hosted them as much knowing they are the better setts. Today i have seen pre guys playing other setts like liga and mod dm what is a good sign that some of the pre players want to play other setts when they are hosted.
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

Texas Ranger
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: Texas Ranger

Post by Texas Ranger »

Oldguard kicks people he thinks are smurfing, afaik. I'd be surprised (and amused) if he actually kicked people because he thought they might not be good enough.

Your gripes with pre and mid sound like gripes about the gameplay of EE.... My problem with a setting like pre is that it's 100% about execution, and not at all about tech and macro choices. Mid does not suffer from that problem, unless you're from EEC.

simple_faith
Nemesis
Lobby Username: simple_faith

Post by simple_faith »

Texas Ranger wrote:Oldguard kicks people he thinks are smurfing, afaik. I'd be surprised (and amused) if he actually kicked people because he thought they might not be good enough.

Your gripes with pre and mid sound like gripes about the gameplay of EE.... My problem with a setting like pre is that it's 100% about execution, and not at all about tech and macro choices. Mid does not suffer from that problem, unless you're from EEC.
wait is that a serious post?

ben77
Novice Member
Lobby Username: ben77

Post by ben77 »

bosshaft wrote:why do u host only PRE games and mid?
serious discussion, isnt it boring as fuck? 90% of the games hosted are pre or mid, the other 10% are scens or something else.

pre = clubciv with 12+ 5 speed running around and killing eco. whats so fun about that i will never understand that.

where are the other sets like indy sh, mod sh/tl/nr, FUNSETZ or even liga. none of them are hosted anytime

the other thing is, if u finally decide to join one of the 5 hosted pre or mid games, because u want to play at least something, there are some wannabes like oldguard who kicks everyone who doesnt have a cool known name. like its a VIP game for an exclusive club. wtf is wrong with u

That is not how pre works at all. Very rarely do good players die in pre/stone or most of their cits to raiding, and only then if they make a serious mistake (failed start or somehow get hit big with most of their army out of base). There are alot of other factors in play. Morale is key in pre, also religion can turn the tide of battles easily and it does so often. Conserving army is critical in the first 2 ages, you can't spam units into the enemy's eco for sheer annoyance unless you are able to trade 2-3 clubs for a citizen every time. Also every new epoch introduces new tactics and strategies - spears fishing and sampsons at stone, hero and zeus and walls at copper, elephants and siege at bronze, persians and barbs at dark, longswords at mid, guns at ren...You can go on until nano. Each new age brings new potential advantages over the enemy, so there is always a trade-off between pushing your enemy hard in your current age with the resources you would use to advance or temporarily weakening yourself for a future advantage.

TLDR: None of the people talking about how bad pre is actually play the sett, and generally have no idea what they're talking about.

simple_faith
Nemesis
Lobby Username: simple_faith

Post by simple_faith »

ben77 wrote:

That is not how pre works at all. Very rarely do good players die in pre/stone or most of their cits to raiding, and only then if they make a serious mistake (failed start or somehow get hit big with most of their army out of base). There are alot of other factors in play. Morale is key in pre, also religion can turn the tide of battles easily and it does so often. Conserving army is critical in the first 2 ages, you can't spam units into the enemy's eco for sheer annoyance unless you are able to trade 2-3 clubs for a citizen every time. Also every new epoch introduces new tactics and strategies - spears fishing and sampsons at stone, hero and zeus and walls at copper, elephants and siege at bronze, persians and barbs at dark, longswords at mid, guns at ren...You can go on until nano. Each new age brings new potential advantages over the enemy, so there is always a trade-off between pushing your enemy hard in your current age with the resources you would use to advance or temporarily weakening yourself for a future advantage.

TLDR: None of the people talking about how bad pre is actually play the sett, and generally have no idea what they're talking about.
damn you just owned these kids with words

bosshaft
Intermediate Member

Post by bosshaft »

ben77 wrote:

pre exactly works like i described
your theory sounds nice and interessting, but 95% of all pre games doesnt work like this at all. its all about clubs with 12+5 speed and running around killing eco. you guys play on standard setting which makes it even harder to reach another epoch, so you all chill in your prehistoric age / stone age hunting animals and building clubs.
there is a rarely chance to reach other epochs, so all the diffrent strategies and units cant be used. this setting is so anoying and overused in my eyes, also boring as fuck.

Texas Ranger
Intermediate Member

Post by Texas Ranger »

In fairness, he may have been talking about the far-more-interesting 60F11 varient that seems to be making a comeback.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

Texas Ranger wrote:In fairness, he may have been talking about the far-more-interesting 60F11 varient that seems to be making a comeback.
No
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

ben77
Novice Member
Lobby Username: ben77

Post by ben77 »

bosshaft, your comment tells me you haven't played much pre with good people. Very few pre games end before copper, and a great many go all the way to nano, especially on EEC.

Pre works pretty much the opposite of what you described. On AoC, good players try to reach copper as quickly as possible as soon as they have an adequate base and economy, because copper with hero and zeus vs. stone or pre is pretty much an autowin. On EEC, the club players (usually wings) try to shift the balance in favor of their spear boomer (usually 1 or both pockets) as much as possible before walls go up.

Texas, you are joking surely. 60 f11 devolves into a contest of who can spam tempest storms most effectively.

Texas Ranger
Intermediate Member

Post by Texas Ranger »

ben77 wrote:Texas, you are joking surely. 60 f11 devolves into a contest of who can spam tempest storms most effectively.
Nothing gets by you!

I bet the OP was referring to 1v1s when he says that they end at an early age.

Return to “EE General Discussion”