Oldschool vs Newschool

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: Oldschool vs Newschool

Post by Arntzen »

Arntzen wrote:
Omega wrote:I don't think BE is the best example to use for a player returning...
Who is?
Captain Nemo wrote:
I don't think BE is the best example to use for a player returning...
Give a good example then please :)
????
Ghost wrote:I would like to enter and quickly leave this thread by noting that I once caught _ViE_BE_ cheating in a 1v1 Liga (Mid) game. It's the truth, seriously. I was an observer, things didn't add up, checked the stats, he glitched citizens. End of story. If I was trying to troll you, you'd probably either be able to tell very easily, or you'd be enraged.

He was in the top left, opponent in bottom right. His forage was slightly, not terribly, isolated and had already used his hunt. Opponent took the forage from him and was picking off his cits, but yet they still kept coming out :o
Without any sort of proof it's still just accusations.. We know from science "eyewitness testimony" is shit, specially when it happen long time ago. He might have been a cheater, if he was caught I've no respect for the guy, but until then...
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

So..... No good example...

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

If it doesn't answer, it doesn't know. >_>
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

herik
Momma's boy
Lobby Username: herik

Post by herik »

@sam
Obviously everybody will have a somewhat different style, and Gollum makes no exception. However I find it interesting that one of the best players from back then (and if you disagree on this, you will agree that he was at least way above average) comes up with strategies that are nowadays obsolete.

Come on now....90% of the newschool pros are using the strats ras and stuff came up with in liga, From all the way back then

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

herik wrote:90% of the newschool pros are using the strats ras and stuff came up with in liga, From all the way back then
Troll or stupid?

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Arntzen wrote:
herik wrote:90% of the newschool pros are using the strats ras and stuff came up with in liga, From all the way back then
Troll or stupid?

stupid. He is guided by religion.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

The only thing missing in this discussion: herik
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

"Herik have played for atleast 5 years and never improved at all :("

- religion

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

More discussions please, I'm bored at work.

herik
Momma's boy

Post by herik »

Arntzen wrote:
Troll or stupid?
Ras agrees.
First of all, there's no way you would know if its a new idea because your a new school, and wouldn't know if it was already used.
Also your talking about ras and the most top players...but personally we all know ras...What hasn't he tried?

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

thats true herik most the strats now in liga have mostly be done i aint seen anything new in strat wise what we aint seen done already
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

herik
Momma's boy

Post by herik »

Also how do you know your new idea would work against pros like ras and them back in the day? ^.^. Theres not enough competition for you to come up with an idea that you know will work for the pros back then

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Herik, you're not bringing anything new to the table at all. No one is arguing that "newschoolers have reinvented the game and has an unique incredible playstyle that's fresh and would knock out every player from the era before 05-06".
Of course ras agrees, when EVERYONE ELSE AGREES. You could also have come into this topic saying "I think 1settle forward would beat a 2TC strategy" and I would've given you the exact same answer.

The reason we're talking about specific strategies is because Samuel brought up Gollum's guide which said clearly that KOI would be a good choice in Imperial Age 1v1. Today (and I assume for most of EE's history) that strategy has been absent because it's just not at all a valible choice. We're not saying going Spain in Imperial is a "new idea".

herik
Momma's boy

Post by herik »

Arntzen wrote:Herik, you're not bringing anything new to the table at all. No one is arguing that "newschoolers have reinvented the game and has an unique incredible playstyle that's fresh and would knock out every player from the era before 05-06".
Of course ras agrees, when EVERYONE ELSE AGREES. You could also have come into this topic saying "I think 1settle forward would beat a 2TC strategy" and I would've given you the exact same answer.

The reason we're talking about specific strategies is because Samuel brought up Gollum's guide which said clearly that KOI would be a good choice in Imperial Age 1v1. Today (and I assume for most of EE's history) that strategy has been absent because it's just not at all a valible choice. We're not saying going Spain in Imperial is a "new idea".
Why call me stupid then when you agree with what I say... stfu pls. It was to sams message. Funny how a person smoked weed for half his life gets that yet someone as smart as you can't say your right and move on. Don't change the topic when i had just posted a fact and then call me troll or stupid, especially when you bloody agree.

@sam
Obviously everybody will have a somewhat different style, and Gollum makes no exception. However I find it interesting that one of the best players from back then (and if you disagree on this, you will agree that he was at least way above average) comes up with strategies that are nowadays obsolete.

Come on now....90% of the newschool pros are using the strats ras and stuff came up with in liga, From all the way back then

Let me explain to you what I wrote apparently you have a disability to understand. Ras and group of people such as Gollum came up with stratergies in Liga. In the early years of the game.

Sam said they aren't used anymore, I then pointed out that in fact all of you Liga players are using there strats. And some of them you have become fond of.

Ras told me the only thing you guys could really come up with now is build order which is where you send your first 30 cits. For example instead of sending the first 5 to wood u send one to wood, one to iron, 1 to hippo, 2 to a mine. A broad example there so you get the point.

I really couldn't give a crap what set or civ you're talking about. I was just telling Sam that you guys are all using there weird or normal strats

I bet all of you guys have tried one of ras's crazy strats, civ choices.
Yet you got big kaz/nemo/lightness here calling me stupid when what I'm saying is fact

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

herik wrote:Why call me stupid then when you agree with what I say... stfu pls.
That's all you got out of my reply? You're not stupid because what you said is wrong, but because what you said is OBVIOUS and you're saying it as if you're TELLING US SOMETHING NEW.
You was "pointing out" something everyone knows. I'm very well aware of what you wrote so don't go on making another wall of text.
herik wrote:Sam said they aren't used anymore, I then pointed out that in fact all of you Liga players are using there strats. And some of them you have become fond of.
I'll yet again try to make an example for you to understand, this is not to "change the topic".
Let's assume 2003-expert player made a Middle SH guide in 2003 that was saying "in wing going pikemen is a good choice because it counters swordsmen and knights". This strategy is clearly not used (anymore) in a competitive Middle SH game, so pointing out the fact that this is a horrible advice from a guide made by an 2003-expert will make said expert loose his credibility.
When sam said "comes up with strategies that are nowadays obsolete." He was refering to the fact that this wasn't the only example in Gollums guide where something was fishy. He did not say "all strategies from oldschoolers are nowadays obsolete".

Return to “EE General Discussion”