Most UnderRated Stratgy

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
ben45
Basic Member
Lobby Username: y?

Most UnderRated Stratgy

Post by ben45 »

Middle 1v1 Cav vs Cav, early mix of swords instead of bali

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: Most UnderRated Stratgy

Post by Arntzen »

How early? Like TC start at gold, then next metal iron or what's up?
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

ben45
Basic Member

Post by ben45 »

w/e judge it on how much cav to bali ratio they have, obviously you wouldnt be doing it late game, but around the 12f11mark i can have trebs swords and a good amount of cav

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

pilums as counter unit in liga, dark, mid,..
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

tool
Lobby Username: (Zabijej) Tool

Post by tool »

no one sees religion coming in anything but pre
mhm?!?

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

I don't like it. I usually get balista slowest because I like to be active with my CA's and hurt his eco, but then I normally aim for a f11 15-18 hero. Once hero is building I get 1-2 raxes for swords. Depending on how much bali he has compared to ca I choose between going for more raxes or continue expanding my gold. f11 12 the swords won't do much IMO. They are slow as shit so if enemy ignores them and controls his balista properly (not wasting shots on swords) he'll just hit and run ending up with bigger ca/bali army.
15-18 hero I suggest instead. Often I don't see hero until like 20-25 in CA vs CA and that's poor IMO. So I guess I do something like 2 gold 1 iron 2 gold normally. Trying some sort of ca into sword treb strategy is IMO way to weak mid game and proper micro will screw that over. Note also that going for something like that he'll be able to be a lot more active with his CA since he got more and can afford to loose a few while he eco you.

Pilum in liga isn't good period IMO. If your in a situation where you need to get them you didn't scout enough to come up with a proper reaction, or your already behind (can't afford to get stable/barracks). To me it's just a shitty "transition" unit designed to be used when you built archery range in a game when you really needed rax or stable.

Tool is right, tho I wouldn't say it's underrated, but it's just too much of a 50/50 move. It can win you the game or go horribly wrong. Don't know how many times I've got my army out in the open and my enemy hits wrong key and quakes it instead of plague/malaria. Sometimes I've even seen people using malaria on their own army which they wanted to plague and run into my base. Is it being stupid or bad luck? You be the judge of that.

ben45
Basic Member

Post by ben45 »

Kazter, i don't see your idea ever beating a cav arch civ with bali, however early game i'm talking when players decide to swap to bali asap and have as much cav archer as they do bali, my swords destroy all the bali while my cav archer shoot there cav archer making there bali slow for my swords to kill, I'm not debating it, i've used it and i'm saying it's one of the most underated stratgys used

ben45
Basic Member

Post by ben45 »

Kazter wrote:I don't like it. I usually get balista slowest because I like to be active with my CA's and hurt his eco, but then I normally aim for a f11 15-18 hero. Once hero is building I get 1-2 raxes for swords. Depending on how much bali he has compared to ca I choose between going for more raxes or continue expanding my gold. f11 12 the swords won't do much IMO. They are slow as shit so if enemy ignores them and controls his balista properly (not wasting shots on swords) he'll just hit and run ending up with bigger ca/bali army.
15-18 hero I suggest instead. Often I don't see hero until like 20-25 in CA vs CA and that's poor IMO. So I guess I do something like 2 gold 1 iron 2 gold normally. Trying some sort of ca into sword treb strategy is IMO way to weak mid game and proper micro will screw that over. Note also that going for something like that he'll be able to be a lot more active with his CA since he got more and can afford to loose a few while he eco you.

Pilum in liga isn't good period IMO. If your in a situation where you need to get them you didn't scout enough to come up with a proper reaction, or your already behind (can't afford to get stable/barracks). To me it's just a shitty "transition" unit designed to be used when you built archery range in a game when you really needed rax or stable.

Tool is right, tho I wouldn't say it's underrated, but it's just too much of a 50/50 move. It can win you the game or go horribly wrong. Don't know how many times I've got my army out in the open and my enemy hits wrong key and quakes it instead of plague/malaria. Sometimes I've even seen people using malaria on their own army which they wanted to plague and run into my base. Is it being stupid or bad luck? You be the judge of that.

Elite use to do this, however he struggled late game to beat the cav arch player everytime if they were somewhat good

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

ben45 wrote:when players decide to swap to bali asap and have as much cav archer as they do bali
Stopped reading right there. Try again.

ben45
Basic Member

Post by ben45 »

Kazter wrote:
ben45 wrote:when players decide to swap to bali asap and have as much cav archer as they do bali
Stopped reading right there. Try again.
?, stratgys dont have to be 'from start to finsh' there can be mid game stratgy's in place incase one is to do something, remember with cav archer your never sitting at base and alawys scouting and harrassing, well at least you should be, and you should know what your in for 100% of the time.

it's not a stratgy purely made to defeat how you play kazter, tad ignorant if you'd think so because id defeat you fine with just bali cav archer.

Lavanger
Novice Member
Lobby Username: Lavanger

Post by Lavanger »

agree

ben55

Post by ben55 »

use to be m1/mortar
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

Fraktardo