Gun Armor for Barbs

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Lancelot5
Lobby Username: Lancelot5

Gun Armor for Barbs

Post by Lancelot5 »

Would Gun Armor for Barbs affect Gameplay of sets like Liga ?
For Pre i could imagine that this is a nice deal because at the moment they pretty weak and mostly not that usefull. U can produce them at a time, like the enemy pocket is Imperial age. So they always get fucked by towers and "greens".

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Re: Gun Armor for Barbs

Post by lightnessking. »

Why would you use barbarians to fight vs gun units..?
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Post by P-51 »

Because they are so fast they can dodge bullets.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

In Dark Age you get Cataphracts. I believe Omega added armor on these fellas so that's your choice of military in these situations.
Barbarians are already pretty good in my opinion. They are so good you always have to wall woods.

Only unit I would want stronger in later ages would be priests since their useless once people get guns.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Lancelot5

Post by Lancelot5 »

Katzer :) wrote:In Dark Age you get Cataphracts. I believe Omega added armor on these fellas so that's your choice of military in these situations.
Barbarians are already pretty good in my opinion. They are so good you always have to wall woods.
Why are they good to ur opinion ? .They only work vs noobs who forgot to wall, got no temples and citz hp upgrade. I mean they often look like they were pretty usefull when u attack but i think from eco its not worth it anyway. For a Hit with them u spent like 1k iron/food but u only able to kill few citz from enemy pocket and moslty just the farming citz. Thats slows down enemy pocket a bit but from eco ur team didnt got any profit.
Same Situation for Cataphracts they to expensive, cost 2 pop and how can wing build them with only 2 golds ? Its not worth to produce them since they just slowing u down.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Barbs are worth for building raiding, they are good vs walls and buildings, not vs military. They're barbarians after all, not very social, only good at breaking stuff ;).
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

U gotta compare them to other dark age units, and in dark their good, not only on buildings but as harass units. I also don't want them to be a better choice than Longsword in games where some enemy has guns, that would be stupid IMO.
I build Cataphracts as wing just to tank damage while my pocket got guns. Only get like 6-12 of them and only upgrade gun armor. That's definitely worth it.

Anyway, I think it would be sick hard to fix this period of pre in any way (without ruining other sets). Ye, it's a deadperiod for wings once pockets start getting 2-3 ages ahead, but this is the setting you all choose to play everyday. If we were to try fixing it more people would cry than be happy.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

herik
Momma's boy
Lobby Username: herik

Post by herik »

I spoke to him yest about this, im suprised his still carrying on -_-

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Catapharacts have always had gun armor and they should stay with the little armor they have. Both them and Barbs are Dark Age units. If you opponent is in Renaissance building gun units, then he deserves the advantage gained by fighting against a Dark Age opponent. That's the way all the other ages work. If you can build planes, you deserve that advantage against Indy opponents who can only build Partisans and AA Gunboats to counter.

There are also other less significant advantages from age to age, as there should be. If all ages had an equal playing field, what would be the point of researching the next epoch???
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Lancelot5

Post by Lancelot5 »

Thx for Anwsers

I didn't want that they become a counter for gun units.
Just like adding 5-10 armor on them so that their effective healpool vs gun units become higher. I thought this is maybe best way to make them stronger since they will be still worse against swords or other units. I never said that they should be able to kill guns. Just survive few hits from guns so that u can pass gun units (will still lose many barbs) and try to harrass enemy eco. That would be little step for a more interesting pre gameplay.
If you opponent is in Renaissance building gun units, then he deserves the advantage gained by fighting against a Dark Age opponent. That's the way all the other ages work
Thats actually the problem i have with Pre atm. I think its right that u should have an advantage when u being ahead with the epoch. But the problem is that guys always keep on booming to get the next advantages in further epoches. So its less fighting and more booming which pretty borring to be honest.
Also if ur team is inferior in eco. What would u do ? Normally its that u try to play aggressive and do some hits but in many cases u spent more ressources as actually getting back from killed units. So u will also just boom and hope , 1 hour later after booming, that they do mistakes in ww ages.
And for such cases units like Barbs could be good. Also prophets can help u to come back into the game. And i think, from a view from of a pre player, there should be more units like that on which u still have to pay some attention whatever epoch u are.

In some other games its like u getting a debuff which reduces gatherrate if u too far ahead with eco. I think thats a pretty nice deal cause it allows u to turn a already lost game or force the enemy to attack.

At the moment in Pre its like booming is stronger then attacking.

If all ages had an equal playing field, what would be the point of researching the next epoch???
I like this sentence. I think the game would be more fun when u have to ask urself that question in pocket more often.

But all in all u guys got me when it affect or ruin other sets than cant change anything. I just can spoke for Pre and thatswhy i asked for opinions.

BigRon
Lobby Username: BigRon

Post by BigRon »

Lancelot5 wrote:
Thats actually the problem i have with Pre atm. I think its right that u should have an advantage when u being ahead with the epoch. But the problem is that guys always keep on booming to get the next advantages in further epoches. So its less fighting and more booming which pretty borring to be honest.
hey dumbass wat about u play pre2pre only and fight eachother with clubs until u die

eeralf_
Nemesis
Lobby Username: eeralf

Post by eeralf_ »

hahahaha good topic , i love it, cuz iam a barbar (germania), np, but when we try some get more so we must maybe also other give more, how end it?, hmm, lets play without changed, its all ok except kights vs bows and cavs
Edit : mean only Bows, cav are ok
Proooost!!!

Return to “EE General Discussion”