• Empire Earth
  • Miscellaneous

Yukon with auto load civ

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.

Re: Yukon with auto load civ

Postby Arntzen » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:27 pm

On a more serious note I wrote about drexmod here (I was talking about zoom and hud, but it also applies to auto load civ): viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11086
Also suggest reading Omega's post in the same thread, sound advice!
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization
User avatar
Arntzen
Administrator
 
Posts: 1894
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:13 am
Location: Norway

Re: Yukon with auto load civ

Postby lightnessking. » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:12 am

CAV_range wrote:
lightnessking. wrote:if you lose f11 3 because you lost 3 seconds picking a civ you are not a good player.


you may be suprised but in Middle 3-5 seconds in start may define your lost or win in 1v1 or wing in teams, i have already lost games in the past because my towers are not up at f11 1:80, NOT MENTIONING about the map: i got shit map ( shit for cav ( happens 80% of times ) so i go swords, my 2nd iron so far from my base ) vs good map ( double iron, a lot of hunt ), its impossible to get 3 towers up at f11 1:80 to do it so, you should put at least 5 citz in each tower and if you put them you are going to lose your hunt for sure.


I said 2-3 seconds, if you need 5 seconds for a civ you are already on the 'slow' end in general. (Depending on how long you gotta scroll etc.)

Maps have nothing to do with civ selection so that's irrelevant.

Don't get me wrong; It's still an unfair advantage, but I just don't see how one can guarantee to lose f11 3 because of this.
Last edited by lightnessking. on Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.
User avatar
lightnessking.
Nemesis
 
Posts: 2044
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:27 pm

Re: Yukon with auto load civ

Postby lightnessking. » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:14 am

Arntzen wrote:
lightnessking. wrote:It gets problematic when you are someone like kazter who has over 5 billion civilizations and has to scroll for 30 seconds to get to his mid SH civs. Of which he then can select between 20 swords and 20 cav civs, where atleast 10 of them are specifically for 4v4 on 1200 popcap.

But if you only have a few civs in a specific order, you can easily memorize them and select them quickly.

What makes you think I haven't memorized my 5 billion civilizations? smh


You may memorize but you still gotta scroll! :P
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.
User avatar
lightnessking.
Nemesis
 
Posts: 2044
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:27 pm

Re: Yukon with auto load civ

Postby CAV_range » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:12 am

lightnessking. wrote:
CAV_range wrote:
lightnessking. wrote:if you lose f11 3 because you lost 3 seconds picking a civ you are not a good player.


you may be suprised but in Middle 3-5 seconds in start may define your lost or win in 1v1 or wing in teams, i have already lost games in the past because my towers are not up at f11 1:80, NOT MENTIONING about the map: i got shit map ( shit for cav ( happens 80% of times ) so i go swords, my 2nd iron so far from my base ) vs good map ( double iron, a lot of hunt ), its impossible to get 3 towers up at f11 1:80 to do it so, you should put at least 5 citz in each tower and if you put them you are going to lose your hunt for sure.


I said 2-3 seconds, if you need 5 seconds for a civ you are already on the 'slow' end in general. (Depending on how long you gotta scroll etc.)

Maps have nothing to do with civ selection so that's irrelevant.

Don't get me wrong; It's still an unfair advantage, but I just don't see how one can guarantee to lose f11 3 because of this.


its not about one losing 3-5 seconds picking civ. its about the one who is using and abusing of auto load civ, building barracks with all citz and using auto load civ you will get your swords 3-5 seconds earlier. i just rewatched the stream, i was wrong his first 3 swords did not reach Maj's irons at f11 1:45, it was at f11 1:32.

what could i say when i beat my opponent using these cheats, and then he asks me "how you make swords that fast in start?" R: using extra "tools" that my opponent does not use. does that feel satisfying? fucking no, many players like me want to win using our skill the result of a lot of training and practice, not using this kind of "tools"/cheats.

the start is the easiest thing that a player can easily improve, there is no need for multiplayer and anyone can practice it on a random map. just practice your swords start at least 1000 times on random maps and i am sure you will have a start almost as good as Kazter's start. and if you practice it at least 50 times a day, i amm sure that anybody can get 9 swords lvl 2, 2 towers up and 3 hippos at f11 2:15-2:20.
User avatar
CAV_range
Basic Member
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:18 am

Re: Yukon with auto load civ

Postby drex888 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:51 pm

You guys you exaggerate tooooo much. A good player picks his civ whitin ~ 2.5 sec and during that time his citizens are moving towards
the resources, which is just like winning ~ 1 sec.
so picking civ costs ~ 2.5 - 1 = 1.5 sec in average. so your story of my opponent lose 72 sec ( = 3 F11) coz I have 1 or 2 sec of advance is just a bullshit :mrgreen:
I'm pretty sure the result of my game vs Maj would be the same as if i had picked my civ manually.

Conclusion: for a player of my level, picking civ with a hotkey doesnt change anything much. At most, it improves my comfort :thumbsupl:

drex
drex888
Full Member
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 11:27 am

Re: Yukon with auto load civ

Postby SaruManuel » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:47 am

Lile i already wrote, what you write is legit IF you make the normal build order (6 each to iron first, then build barracks) like almost all player do inclusive you included (you used auto load with normal build order a long time so you got the comfort there too, why change then to the instant build, if not to have an advantage?)

I disagree it doesn't change much when you go INSTANT barracks build with all the citz from start on, you will always hit first like this and this is a big advantage and unfair in my opinion. Anywhay see you on the battlefield and i would welcome it if you would not go instant build for fairness (but not now, its too hot, better enjoy summer :P)
User avatar
SaruManuel
Novice Member
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:00 am

Re: Yukon with auto load civ

Postby Samuel » Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:42 am

Mostly what I think is ridiculous about it that you have to go all your way and type "-nomod" in front of your game's name to deactivate it.
It should be the other way around, why should I be forced to do that if I don't want it? He was the one to bring it, so HE should be the one to add something to his game's name if he wanted to use it.
Samuel
Senior Member
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:26 am

Re: Yukon with auto load civ

Postby CAV_range » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:25 am

Samuel wrote:Mostly what I think is ridiculous about it that you have to go all your way and type "-nomod" in front of your game's name to deactivate it.
It should be the other way around, why should I be forced to do that if I don't want it? He was the one to bring it, so HE should be the one to add something to his game's name if he wanted to use it.


yeah Samuel, nowadays its hard to have nice liga, p2n and middle games because of this kind of cheats, for example using drexcheat in liga you can easily know if your oponent plays tc strategy, if he does, his score points go down in start because he would have lower citz, and you are more likely to win if you do rush barrack. also one can know the epoch of your oponent which its crucial in stone -> cooper -> bronze, imp -> indy, ww1 -> ww2.
User avatar
CAV_range
Basic Member
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:18 am

Re: Yukon with auto load civ

Postby Locodoco » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:58 pm

CAV_range wrote:
Samuel wrote:Mostly what I think is ridiculous about it that you have to go all your way and type "-nomod" in front of your game's name to deactivate it.
It should be the other way around, why should I be forced to do that if I don't want it? He was the one to bring it, so HE should be the one to add something to his game's name if he wanted to use it.


yeah Samuel, nowadays its hard to have nice liga, p2n and middle games because of this kind of cheats, for example using drexcheat in liga you can easily know if your oponent plays tc strategy, if he does, his score points go down in start because he would have lower citz, and you are more likely to win if you do rush barrack. also one can know the epoch of your oponent which its crucial in stone -> cooper -> bronze, imp -> indy, ww1 -> ww2.


In Liga Case , indeed its a cheat , you'd know when to rush or when to not , or wether you just stay and boom.
try using -nohud as host , but that requires you too to have the drexmod which is sad.

I am afraid that yukon has created this just for his own good.
pody: eC .. is etc for what ?
_[eC]_Arntzen_: european cunts
pody: ahh .. ok bro
_[eC]_Arntzen_: np
_[eC]_Arntzen_: :)
Locodoco
Full Member
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:42 am

Re: Yukon with auto load civ

Postby Bogdan_xD » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:55 pm

Loco, can you read from start?

we already said that you are not required to install the mod in order to use "-nomod"

If the mod user sees -nomod in the host title game, it will deactivate itself for that game.

So short, you don't need to install it to have the players that joined not have it activated it either.Just put -nomod and everone will play the same.
Streaming Empire Earth , mostly Islands F11 60 @ https://www.twitch.tv/titaniuex
Bogdan_xD
Full Member
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:19 am

Re: Yukon with auto load civ

Postby CAV_range » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:25 pm

and then everyone will have to use something like "Middle SH -nohud -noautociv -nozoomout" if i dont want to use all of these cheats but i detect glitches and hexcivs, fuck me.
User avatar
CAV_range
Basic Member
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:18 am

Re: Yukon with auto load civ

Postby Locodoco » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:15 am

The question is , why dont Yukon collaborate with Jodocus and realforce to make this Mod as an official addup instead of its being optional for everyone to download, is it because Admins refused and counted it as a cheat? or yukon himself refused so he uses it for his own good?
pody: eC .. is etc for what ?
_[eC]_Arntzen_: european cunts
pody: ahh .. ok bro
_[eC]_Arntzen_: np
_[eC]_Arntzen_: :)
Locodoco
Full Member
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:42 am

Re: Yukon with auto load civ

Postby drex888 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:03 am

Locodoco wrote:The question is , why dont Yukon collaborate with Jodocus and realforce to make this Mod as an official addup instead of its being optional for everyone to download, is it because Admins refused and counted it as a cheat? or yukon himself refused so he uses it for his own good?


if Jodocus or Realforce want include drexmod in neoee. they have just to copy 2 files into installation package. they don't really need my help.

drex / yukon
drex888
Full Member
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 11:27 am

Re: Yukon with auto load civ

Postby CAV_range » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:16 am

drex888 wrote:
Locodoco wrote:The question is , why dont Yukon collaborate with Jodocus and realforce to make this Mod as an official addup instead of its being optional for everyone to download, is it because Admins refused and counted it as a cheat? or yukon himself refused so he uses it for his own good?


if Jodocus or Realforce want include drexmod in neoee. they have just to copy 2 files into installation package. they don't really need my help.

drex / yukon


or just share the source code with them so they will decide if its a cheat or not. if they add it, they can easily add check boxes for nohud, nozoomout in game settings like Reveal Map instead of using dumb game names like "Liga -nohud -nozoomout" etc.
User avatar
CAV_range
Basic Member
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:18 am

Re: Yukon with auto load civ

Postby Bogdan_xD » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:34 am

i highly doubt they can add "checkboxes" like Reveal Map/Custom Civs boxes.Those are still EE standard code, the code that is yet not modifiable

What they can add, is when you host a match, besides the Difficulty and way of joining the game (public,password,invite,ask to join) they can add another option for yukon's mod to be let active or shut down for that specific game.
Streaming Empire Earth , mostly Islands F11 60 @ https://www.twitch.tv/titaniuex
Bogdan_xD
Full Member
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:19 am

PreviousNext

Return to EE General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


cron