Yukon with auto load civ

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
CAV_range
Basic Member

Yukon with auto load civ

Post by CAV_range »

Hello everyone, sorry if i post in the wrong place i did not know where to post this, first of all, this is not a report of someone glitching resources or something.

as we all already know, drex888 ( yukon ) has coded a mod for EE ( drexmod ), to be honest i dont support it at all. besides the zoom-out feature which gives the players an advantage for selecting and look the map, it also shows the epoch and points of the oponnent wchich it may be crucial for liga set, now i watch his stream in mid games, he is loading his civ automatically at f11 0:00 ( WTF ). i only hope he is not planing on release that feature in his mod otherwise he will make players to have a huge advantage over other and it kills an essence of what playing EE is...

SaruManU

Re: Yukon with auto load civ

Post by SaruManU »

i don't really like it as well, first because the one who doesn't use drexmod will have a disadvantage and second cause i think chosing civ is part of the game und should stay how it is

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

CAV_range wrote:Hello everyone, sorry if i post in the wrong place i did not know where to post this, first of all, this is not a report of someone glitching resources or something.

as we all already know, drex888 ( yukon ) has coded a mod for EE ( drexmod ), to be honest i dont support it at all. besides the zoom-out feature which gives the players an advantage for selecting and look the map, it also shows the epoch and points of the oponnent wchich it may be crucial for liga set, now i watch his stream in mid games, he is loading his civ automatically at f11 0:00 ( WTF ). i only hope he is not planing on release that feature in his mod otherwise he will make players to have a huge advantage over other and it kills an essence of what playing EE is...
You can host with the name "-nomod" in front like "-nomod Liga" and then drexmod will not work in your game.

Moved topic from Report Abuse or Cheater.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

CAV_range
Basic Member

Post by CAV_range »

Arntzen wrote:
CAV_range wrote:Hello everyone, sorry if i post in the wrong place i did not know where to post this, first of all, this is not a report of someone glitching resources or something.

You can host with the name "-nomod" in front like "-nomod Liga" and then drexmod will not work in your game.

is it any special command or something to detect and prevent from using drexmod in the game, or its a warning and tell users "i dont want to play with anyone using drexmod", if so, no way to know if someone is using drex or not from a player's view point.

yet, i do think that auto load civitialization is a "cheat", yukon is not being a good example to other players, he is using something that the other players dont have, therefore the game is not being fair. what is next? auto move citz, auto micro? it should not be allowed WTF

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

CAV_range wrote: is it any special command or something to detect and prevent from using drexmod in the game
Yes
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Locodoco
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Locodoco_

Post by Locodoco »

Well lets hope Yukon is not making these stuff just for him.
pody: eC .. is etc for what ?
_[eC]_Arntzen_: european cunts
pody: ahh .. ok bro
_[eC]_Arntzen_: np
_[eC]_Arntzen_: :)

Black Star
Lobby Username: Die Gurke

Post by Black Star »

How can he automatically load civ? I mean in most setts you have several too choose from? And he would somehow have to specify which one to use (unless he has only 1 civ)
[22:23:06] [-Ts-] Tricky: i dont even know what my name is anymore

Bogdan_xD
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: [FAME] Bogdan_xD

Post by Bogdan_xD »

^
it's not hard..

if you script it to detect the Starting/Ending epoch, you can also script it to load a civ by targeting the civ's name...you can go even further by detecting the possition in which you'll start to chouse different civs

All in all, i don't mind this as long as it's not a hex civ.Honestly, I doubt this gives any kind of advantage if you are experienced in this game.
If you don't want such players, do what arntzen said with the -nomod.

i like that yukon is doing stuff for EE, such like the zoom out and the epoch showing, along other lobby commands like loading latest save or being able to replace a player without the struggle to edit it manually to remove a player etc..

but if he will abuse in some way what EE can do, then sure, actions will be done.
Streaming Empire Earth , mostly Islands F11 60 @ https://www.twitch.tv/bogdanx94

CAV_range
Basic Member

Post by CAV_range »

Arntzen wrote:

but for this to work, i still need drexcheat installed in my EE right? if so it makes no sense, i dont want to use drexcheat and either want to play vs someone using it -.-
Last edited by CAV_range on Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CAV_range
Basic Member

Post by CAV_range »

Arntzen wrote:

but for this to work, i still need drexcheat installed in my EE right? if so it makes no sense, i dont want to use drexcheat and either want to play vs someone using it -.-

Bogdan_xD wrote: All in all, i don't mind this as long as it's not a hex civ.Honestly, I doubt this gives any kind of advantage if you are experienced in this game.
If you don't want such players, do what arntzen said with the -nomod.
what could you know if you are just a noob player who cries for Group Speed and call it "cheat" also who just knows "islands f11 60", a pathetic set played by just noobs, or do you know Mod SH/TL, Mid SH/TL, Liga, P2N conti, Indy SH/TL, Grenwar? i know all of them and i do know what i am talking about and i know what impacts have this drexcheat. i am 100% sure that i can beat you in your noob set "islands f11 60", let me know when you want a 1v1. PM me and we will have the 1v1 "islands f11 60" the same day, yes in quotes because of f11 60 it has ANYTHING there is alway noobs crying for Landing, Apollo, Hades, Group Speed and LITERALLY EVERYTHING.
Bogdan_xD wrote:^
i like that yukon is doing stuff for EE, such like the zoom out and the epoch showing, along other lobby commands like loading latest save or being able to replace a player without the struggle to edit it manually to remove a player etc..

but if he will abuse in some way what EE can do, then sure, actions will be done.
sure any noob is happy using cheats. instead of making a tool to detect and prevent cheats, he has made tools that are used for cheating and adding more unbalance between the players.

Bogdan_xD
Advanced Member

Post by Bogdan_xD »

i won't refuse that 1 v 1, but back to the topic...

but lets clarify some things...

that -nomod thingy works in another way.If someone that uses the mod enters a game that has "-nomod" the mod itself deactivates for that game. This means it doesn't matter if the host has the mod or not, he can just put -nomod and anyone that joins that game with drexmod, will have it deactivated.

also, there's that option of "kick/ban player" if you think someone is playing unfair :tongue:

and one more thing, if you think f11 60 islands is a boring game made for noobs, we gladly wait for you to teach us ;-)
Streaming Empire Earth , mostly Islands F11 60 @ https://www.twitch.tv/bogdanx94

CAV_range
Basic Member

Post by CAV_range »

Bogdan_xD wrote:i won't refuse that 1 v 1, but back to the topic...

but lets clarify some things...

that -nomod thingy works in another way.If someone that uses the mod enters a game that has "-nomod" the mod itself deactivates for that game. This means it doesn't matter if the host has the mod or not, he can just put -nomod and anyone that joins that game with drexmod, will have it deactivated.

also, there's that option of "kick/ban player" if you think someone is playing unfair :tongue:

and one more thing, if you think f11 60 islands is a boring game made for noobs, we gladly wait for you to teach us ;-)
"we", "us" its so funny thing, islands players in these days always talking in plural its because they cannot face a 1v1 fight since when they lose they already have an excuse to say for their loss, something like "no pocket", "no wing", "you use cheats", "you reach ww1 too fast, you glitch" etc.

PM me if you want a 1v1 game or anyone of your noob friends who play this set. if you dont accept the challenge, stop talking like if you would know how the other REAL pro sets like Middle or Liga work, a player who only knows "islands f11 60" and one who cries for Group Speed what the fuck would know about these sets OMG LOL.

drex888
Lobby Username: Drex888

Post by drex888 »

You don't need to install drexmod to use -nomod command. just add -nomod somewhere in the title of your room and the mod will be deactivated for all players excluding observers.

drex/yukon

Bogdan_xD
Advanced Member

Post by Bogdan_xD »

i am online pretty much every night, on what name you play tho

CAV_range
Basic Member

Post by CAV_range »

drex888 wrote:You don't need to install drexmod to use -nomod command. just add -nomod somewhere in the title of your room and the mod will be deactivated for all players excluding observers.
drex/yukon
that is at least good news
Bogdan_xD wrote:i am online pretty much every night, on what name you play tho
any set. i recommend you to play me in "islands f11 60" in any other you have 0% chance.

Return to “EE General Discussion”