Yukon with auto load civ

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
SaruManuel
Novice Member
Lobby Username: SaruManuel

Re: Yukon with auto load civ

Post by SaruManuel »

drex888 wrote:You don't need to install drexmod to use -nomod command. just add -nomod somewhere in the title of your room and the mod will be deactivated for all players excluding observers.

drex/yukon
I think this nomod feature is good, most likely for tournaments where the HUD would be an unfair advantage in some sets when not both use it (fore example p2n and liga).

Does this "-nomod" include the zoom-mod? It would be great to exclude this, some have problems to play with a to close zoom with bigger screens.

Do you really think this "auto load civ feature" is needed drex? Picking Civ is a standard part of the game imo.

Bogdan_xD
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: [FAME] Bogdan_xD

Post by Bogdan_xD »

SaruManuel wrote:
drex888 wrote:You don't need to install drexmod to use -nomod command. just add -nomod somewhere in the title of your room and the mod will be deactivated for all players excluding observers.

drex/yukon
I think this nomod feature is good, most likely for tournaments where the HUD would be an unfair advantage in some sets when not both use it (fore example p2n and liga).

Does this "-nomod" include the zoom-mod? It would be great to exclude this, some have problems to play with a to close zoom with bigger screens.

Do you really think this "auto load civ feature" is needed drex? Picking Civ is a standard part of the game imo.
-nomod deactivates the entire mod. HUD+zoom + anything else that mod has.
Streaming Empire Earth , mostly Islands F11 60 @ https://www.twitch.tv/bogdanx94

drex888
Lobby Username: Drex888

Post by drex888 »

SaruManuel wrote: I think this nomod feature is good, most likely for tournaments where the HUD would be an unfair advantage in some sets when not both use it (fore example p2n and liga).

There are 3 commands, multiple could be used at the same time: -nohud -nozoom -nomod (-nomod disable all drexmod features)
in the next version, i'll add -norank and probably -noqciv (no Quick Civ)

It's not autoload civ, I use a hotkey to pick my civ. tbh, at start, I didn't plan to release it. I made it for my excusive use. but i get positive feedback from several players, they like it and want it.
In addition, I play a dozen of mid in raw, vs pro players. If I select it manually, it will be visible in my stream, so it's easy to counter me.
finally, its fucking boring to have to click 3 times and scroll/search 1 civ especially after 4 hours of playing in same sets and same position.

SaruManuel
Novice Member

Post by SaruManuel »

Well i thought you have a delay of several secs in your stream for this reason so i don't let that count ;)
I personally like the civ picking and would miss it and when there are players who like it and others who don't it's dividing them -> not good in small community. When you have to scroll for your civ in a set just set a number or/and a letter before your civ name for example 0a_mid sword, 0b_mid cav, 0c_mid sword boom ect. If you want to click faster you can copy the sw civ somethimes for example for just click instantly in without scrolling.

But hey that's just my opinion on this topic and i appreciate what you do for the game!

SaruManuel
Novice Member

Post by SaruManuel »

since recently, yukon not only use auto load in middle sh, but also goes instant barracks build instead of first each 6 to iron (the first barrack completed like f11 0.20 wtf!).

With this he will be always first in enemy base to cause havoc on citz and hunt, and in mid sh the start as wing is so important and mostly the player wins who kill more citz/hunt at beginning.

Imo, this cannot be tolerated anymore, he just won f11 3 vs MaJ who is a very good player just because of this shit.
I ask you yukon to stop using this feature, it is disrespectful vs your opponents.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

if you lose f11 3 because you lost 3 seconds picking a civ you are not a good player.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

SaruManuel
Novice Member

Post by SaruManuel »

lightnessking. wrote:if you lose f11 3 because you lost 3 seconds picking a civ you are not a good player.
Watch at 4:07:07, when he goes instant barrack without taking civ he has his first barracks build at f11 0.20, when you make the standard build order you're around f11 0.35-0.45.
https://youtu.be/--HNjYN9iFU

If he goes normal build order without picking civ i agree that the difference is slightly, but not when you can make barracks instantly from start.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Picking a civ takes 2-3 seconds, you can pre-select citizens with ctrl shift tab while moving your mouse towards the civ icon or use a hotkey for it to multitask it. Then when you select your civ, you can instantly press B, click, done, your barracks is building. Again; if you lose because he gets 3 seconds advantage you are generally slow and not considered a good player in my eyes. That being said, it's still an (unfair?) advantage, but not 'omg it's so OP I lose f11 3 because of this OP.'

It gets problematic when you are someone like kazter who has over 5 billion civilizations and has to scroll for 30 seconds to get to his mid SH civs. Of which he then can select between 20 swords and 20 cav civs, where atleast 10 of them are specifically for 4v4 on 1200 popcap.

But if you only have a few civs in a specific order, you can easily memorize them and select them quickly.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

CAV_range
Basic Member

Post by CAV_range »

drex888 wrote: There are 3 commands, multiple could be used at the same time: -nohud -nozoom -nomod (-nomod disable all drexmod features)
in the next version, i'll add -norank and probably -noqciv (no Quick Civ)

It's not autoload civ, I use a hotkey to pick my civ. tbh, at start, I didn't plan to release it. I made it for my excusive use. but i get positive feedback from several players, they like it and want it.
In addition, I play a dozen of mid in raw, vs pro players. If I select it manually, it will be visible in my stream, so it's easy to counter me.
finally, its fucking boring to have to click 3 times and scroll/search 1 civ especially after 4 hours of playing in same sets and same position.
what do you mean? lot of players spend over 6 hours playing EE and they dont use any kind of cheat, you complaining for 4 hours and you start using cheats from first minute? what an excuse.

SaruManuel
Novice Member

Post by SaruManuel »

Suggestion: yukon should just learn how to do a proper clean start like everybody else had to learn first and then he don't need to use this anymore. His Wing performance increased since he uses it. When he can't do that somehow its his own problem. In Terms of Use it says the usage of stuff to gain an unfair advantage is cheating so this should not be allowed.

Bogdan_xD
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: [FAME] Bogdan_xD

Post by Bogdan_xD »

as stated before..you don't enjoy playing with his mod, don't join his games and host your own with "-nomod"
Streaming Empire Earth , mostly Islands F11 60 @ https://www.twitch.tv/bogdanx94

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

lightnessking. wrote: It gets problematic when you are someone like kazter who has over 5 billion civilizations and has to scroll for 30 seconds to get to his mid SH civs. Of which he then can select between 20 swords and 20 cav civs, where atleast 10 of them are specifically for 4v4 on 1200 popcap.

But if you only have a few civs in a specific order, you can easily memorize them and select them quickly.
What makes you think I haven't memorized my 5 billion civilizations? smh
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

CAV_range
Basic Member

Post by CAV_range »

lightnessking. wrote:if you lose f11 3 because you lost 3 seconds picking a civ you are not a good player.
you may be suprised but in Middle 3-5 seconds in start may define your lost or win in 1v1 or wing in teams, i have already lost games in the past because my towers are not up at f11 1:80, NOT MENTIONING about the map: i got shit map ( shit for cav ( happens 80% of times ) so i go swords, my 2nd iron so far from my base ) vs good map ( double iron, a lot of hunt ), its impossible to get 3 towers up at f11 1:80 to do it so, you should put at least 5 citz in each tower and if you put them you are going to lose your hunt for sure.

EDIT:
Bogdan_xD wrote:as stated before..you don't enjoy playing with his mod, don't join his games and host your own with "-nomod"
boy its not your topic, you have no idea what we are talking about. its not noob islands. come back when you beat me in 1v1, thanks.
Last edited by CAV_range on Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

CAV_range
Basic Member

Post by CAV_range »

WOW i just watched his stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--HNjYN9iFU&t=4h7m40s

his first 3 swords at f11 1:45, Maj with double iron in front, no towers up, 6 swords comming ( 80 irons trib received ) and other 9 swords comming because his iron is not being hitted, its fucking RIDICULOUS. so all new players will fight at a disadvantage against those who use zoom out, score points, auto civ load, pathetic.

SaruManuel
Novice Member

Post by SaruManuel »

Ridiculous describes it perfectly. I can't take people seriously who think this should be allowed to use or "don't join his games when you don't like it" after watching that mid sh game start.

You get the first hit, you can even slut rush somethimes and kill enemy citz/hunt like a berserk and keep him buisy in his base while your iron workers are save at home and you can save all your hippos back home. Its ******* pathetic! It doesn't have to be like in this video all the time but still, first hit + maybe kill some animals/citz= big advantage and can make you already behind big early on.

Yukon is probably the biggest flagship of Empire Earth with his stream which makes players want to play their favorite game from childhood again. He is usually known as a fair person and player but with this case he is just a bad example and makes me lose some respect. That he switched from his sloppy normal mid start with taking first citz each 6 to the irons without loading civ is one thing but that he now switched to this ultra rush makes me believe he likes the advantage he got out from it and its not about, beeing annoyed to take civ or beeing bored of it... [as if this is a legitimate argument to use it lol]

Return to “EE General Discussion”