Best EE Player Of All Time!?!

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.

Best EE'er of all time?

Samuel
5%
Omega
5%
ras
10%
Epic
5%
Wolvy
1%
Phobia/Zeke
10%
lion_
5%
Bones
4%
Krass
26%
BE
2%
Elfanor
4%
Lavanger
4%
Twisted Bum
1%
Goldeneye
11%
Captain Nemo
5%

Total votes: 168

Elite
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: Elite

Re: Best EE Player Of All Time!?!

Post by Elite »

"You didn't understand my meaning" and "you aren't good enough to know what I'm talking about" are not valid arguments. They're thinly veiled ad hominem attacks rooted in arrogance. If one of the participants in a debate can take the time to explain with specific examples what hes talking about, the other should be able to do the same. Someone needs to stop trying to wrap themselves in a murky cloud of liga mysticism.

herik
Momma's boy
Lobby Username: herik

Post by herik »

Elite I couldn't b bothered to read sams liga theories but who are those 2 statements at and which quote?
Elite wrote:"You didn't understand my meaning" and "you aren't good enough to know what I'm talking about" are not valid arguments..

Elite
Advanced Member

Post by Elite »

Read the text walls, Zeke provides examples of ingame analysis and decision making that is pretty much identical to what sam says about liga, only to have it disqualified because hes talking about Mod TL and not Liga. This after he prefaced at least one of his statements with something to the effect of "There is some more complexity in liga due to the fact that it deals with more than one age."

herik
Momma's boy
Lobby Username: herik

Post by herik »

Ahhh getcha, tbh aoc brings more to the table though

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

herik wrote:Lets start from the beginning first of all, u weren't that good at mid until you started playing mid on aoc with me and ak, (others in clan)
YES and?
herik wrote:as for tool, mod was around at that time, you didn't even know he could play mid.
If you are aiming for that time (around 2009) then I probably didn't know back then, still just as irrelevant as your previous point. If you are aiming at the current time then I'm VERY aware of how he plays in middle.
herik wrote:And I put soriana for pre islands, I really hate how "old players", think they know so much wen they r simply puffed up in pride,
When it comes to p2 island games there is really few that impress me. Once you learn the set and are able to get ww1 around 1.16-1.20 the set isn't all that hard. This being said, have not seen much of Soriano in p2island but he have not been a name that has come up once other p2island players were talking about good ones.
Another thing: It's really hard to understand what you mean when you aren't explaining it enough. HOW could I know you meant Soriano for p2island and not p2n?
herik wrote: you say earn respect kaz? maybe we would if eec players played on aoc.
Many EEC players does.
herik wrote:Also I would like to remind each and every one of you why we have lost so many players,
1. How many of you and still do go onto game ranger, if im correct it was lobby eec players that started this trend, that told everyone to go, that destroyed the classic eec mid/grens games, and now the only games that are left is eec pre. well congrats every1.
I'm sorry but you're simply just wrong here. The classic eec mid/grens game were long gone before we thought about going to gameranger. As for "who first went over to gr" That was middlewarriors, and me and pope started playing both places.
herik wrote:If not aoc has earned even more respect for staying alive with having more then one set available
This is a joke?
herik wrote:ALSO how many players of the "great" liga clans have lasted and are still playing ee? Oh thats right you all went to sc2, and now u just sit in lobby talking on forums and neva play a game,
Well Ras followed YOU into LoL. Cobra got himself banned, Samuel have had a ton of problems with EE and can't seem to get it working. Me, I just got a new computer and I get huge lagg so I can't play atm. A ton of players have tried out SC2 because it's the only competitive game that can give one a feel of liga. As for why most people isn't here yet you're forgetting the most important thing. People grew up, and out of video-games. Starting college/working and simply don't have time for EE anymore.
As for why I sit in lobby and forums even tho I'm UNABLE to play has to do with me being a moderator but most importantly me caring about this game and what's going on in forums and lobby.
herik wrote:tell me do any of u actaully no the lobbys fb page that tricky and I set up? i bet half the mods don't and haven't bothered putting in the effort that is required to promote ee lobby.
Tricky set it up. I was the first moderator logging into it but I wont take credit for doing much there. After a while he asked you to help him, and both him and other staff are glad you did.
Your bet is just silly. People seem to have an crazy image of what being a moderator is all about.
herik wrote:No kaz, i belive the eec community needs to sought there act out, no kaz mid sh is a skillful set, that u have obviously lost sight of, no liga is not the most skillful set its simply the set with most strategies. If you of all people cant understand aoc needs respect i have no hope for this community.
Your the one demanding EEC's community respect.
Have I lost sight of mid sh? -.-
I'm sorry for disappointing you, but I can't see why they need respect.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Samuel
Lobby Username: _[eC]_SamueL_

Post by Samuel »

In any case, to end this conversation, everybody can think what they want. So just play, have fun and enjoy yourselves. I won't comment further because these conversations are useless, although it was quite fun.

Icestorm2
Intermediate Member

Post by Icestorm2 »

Pride is probably the most irrational human emotion. We tend to ignore the circumstances that our success, achievements or assumed superiority are dependent upon and deceive ourselves that it was all really predicated on some great essential characteristic that is inseparable from us.

When we rise above our peers or enemies, it is not simply a matter of being more experienced or dedicated, or better prepared, we were just simply better. Even if we can't justify it or no one recognizes it, we're still better--our greatness is esoteric in this case. Our critics just haven't been exposed to the truth, they haven't seen us where we really shine.

Eventually, we overestimate what we're capable of.

Fraktardo
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: King Noobachadnezzar

Post by Fraktardo »

What kind of flawed poll...

Leaving out the obvious choices? and including some questionable scrooberdo's.
"fortune favors the butt pickers"

Elite
Advanced Member

Post by Elite »

Regarding p2n islands, I found out the hard way that there is an obscure unwritten rule against using apollo shield spam on nukes.

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

Lolled so hard reading icestorms post as it was exactly what i was thinking when i kept seeing herik pop up.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Elite wrote:Regarding p2n islands, I found out the hard way that there is an obscure unwritten rule against using apollo shield spam on nukes.
Are you kidding me or is that actually a rule lol xP. Never heard of that. (Not using cybers alot either tho.)
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Lancelot5
Lobby Username: Lancelot5

Post by Lancelot5 »

lightnessking wrote:
Elite wrote:Regarding p2n islands, I found out the hard way that there is an obscure unwritten rule against using apollo shield spam on nukes.
Yes its a Rule. Shielding bombers is very Overpowert.

Elite
Advanced Member

Post by Elite »

I feel like its a tactic right at home in a sett where the endgame is decided with tridents, tempest storm spam, and a bomber blitz about every 5 minutes.

eeralf_
Nemesis
Lobby Username: eeralf

Post by eeralf_ »

pls close it, realy its make no sense, (my meaning)

we are maybe 500 ee players, hmm dono real, but watch chess and tennis or other
there are 1.000.000, sry when u best here so its cool, but not more, i know good is fine, iam was proud in C&C ranking list on place 25 of 30000 peeps, but 30000 what is this?, nothing

so close, best here, hmm, i give a shit of it, i love fun here and need my beer here, and want good talk with good peeps, thats all

Edit: and try of couse, the best .;)))))))))), hahaha, i love u all, Proooost!

Draco
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: Ðracø™

Post by Draco »

This topic bothers me. Not to toot my own horn, but ftek ( kid who pretended to be me ) and he was also shattered sun if I believe; I used to beat the shit out I game, and there was one other on the list... Maybe lion. Used to play him and we would go back in forth then he came up with some ungodly boom strat ... Pffffttt on this board. They don't deserve to be best all time if u ask me

Return to “EE General Discussion”