Best EE Player Of All Time!?!

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.

Best EE'er of all time?

Samuel
5%
Omega
5%
ras
10%
Epic
5%
Wolvy
1%
Phobia/Zeke
10%
lion_
5%
Bones
4%
Krass
26%
BE
2%
Elfanor
4%
Lavanger
4%
Twisted Bum
1%
Goldeneye
11%
Captain Nemo
5%

Total votes: 168

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Re: Best EE Player Of All Time!?!

Post by Captain Nemo »

up to u. it's cirtainly a plus in my book but not necessary
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

BigRon
Lobby Username: BigRon

Post by BigRon »

Omega wrote: Second best player ever: Ftek
beat ftek win $$$$$$$$

Shicko
Novice Member
Xfire: shicko123
Lobby Username: |nf|_Shicko_

Post by Shicko »

Yeah,the best player of all time theoretical mean player who is the best in all posible setts. So,"no one" can play all setts good cause cause first he cant love all ages same. Some is for slow other is for fast ages. Nvm. This should be vote each set especially not like this.

Samuel
Lobby Username: _[eC]_SamueL_

Re: Best EE player Of All Time!?!

Post by Samuel »

PeLlE wrote:As for Sam, what do you know about oldschool? As much as I do I guess.. so I consider your post as huge showing off and ec ass kissing.
I was in NightWolves (NW_) from 2002 to late 2005, and before you say anything else:

This guide was quite popular amongst my community when it first came out, I'll just post you the first words.

"Empire Earth Guide
Written by RS_Gollum and NW_Kroucrouch
Translated by Popcorn_SL
"

Gollum was aknowledged by Elfanor as the hardest opponent he had ever met, and was extremely popular amongst us italians, and wrote this guide with his french mate Kroucrouch who was with us in our clan, I played different 1v1s with him (and lost every single one as I was really young) I remember a session on the last day of the year I'm not sure if it was 2002 or 2003 though xD
He later went on and moved to join RS_, although he wasn't considered as that great of a player compared to other players that we italians used to admire.

As for another anecdote, a former NW, NW_Plutone went to join SiA_ although he probably was the least good member of that clan lol, as SiA_Andastra (sometimes I have used the Andastra nickname just for fun).

Perhaps we weren't the best players but we were really aware of the community and its best players, particularly the french players, and our clan was quite friendly with a pretty good french clan which was thought (at least from us italians) to be second to RS_ in france, FA_+_ .

I remember trying to apply for a quite good (although not pro) american clan called Farm_, where members had an animal's nickname xD I am sure ras must remember that clan, Cobra remembered it when we talked about it (he's american), and by the way I didn't make it in, the leader Hippo trying to start a conversation with me about basketball after saying I couldn't join -_- Lol.

As I said, I remember very well the feeling that we had and the way pros were perceived, we perceived those pros in the same way that today sc2 fans perceive EmpireHappy or Naniwa.

On, another thing: when I talked with Cobra 2 years ago about oldschoolers and their different style of playing compared to the one of today, as Cobra said "today people seem to rush more, like Krass" and I replied "I remember in 2002 2 settle was the dominant strategy" and he agreed.

By the way Pelie, I could also tell you the most typically played strategy on middle ages, citizen by citizen, with assyrian empire. It was really popular back then in 2002 and especially in 2003. 5 citizens at wood, dogs scout, and as soon as the first citizen come out it will build a forage. By then the 5 citizens will have gathered the wood and they will move to forage so that you have 5 foragers and 1 settlement builder. Then the settlement builder will go to wood and you will add 2/3 more to wood, and then go for gold, and eventually send one more to wood before completing the gold mine.
It was very popular, and I tell you I wasn't surprised when I saw another player in 2008 who was still using it (and would still use it in 2009): Myst ;)

Now I don't want to go into all the details why they would do this (starting at wood to check the civilization to eventually go 1 settle stable in case of the enemy being rome), but I remember people sayin that the first cav archer definitely didn't have to come out any later than 6.30 f11.
Of course other people might have other experiences, but this is my experience. I said very few of the stories/things that I could have shared ... now, since you claimed to know just as much as I do, why don't you share too xD

simple_faith
Nemesis
Lobby Username: simple_faith

Post by simple_faith »

Assassin was pretty great second to him is rok epic.....

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Assassin was shit.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Samuel
Lobby Username: _[eC]_SamueL_

Post by Samuel »

To me Nemo did a good list, mentioned some of the best players and I think every single one of these players deserves a mention. Good list imo :)
By the way, there are lots of other players that you can mention, everybody is welcome to do that if they so wish ;)

I think everybody deserves the credit for their abilities ;)

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

Note to everyone (who doesn't get it yet):

This is not my list of the 15 people I find the bests ever. It's not my nominations, it's simply just to throw some names out there. I've never seen lion play, neither have I seen elfanor play. I simply put them in the list since I thought some might vote for them.

I even voted for someone not in the list to prove my point. Apparently even spelling it out like that didn't work for the retard masses out there. So please understand this post.

THERE IS A MAX OF 15 CHOICES IN A POLL!!!

BigRon
Lobby Username: BigRon

Post by BigRon »

Ive seen lion_ play aoc mod and middle and if i look back he actually sucked at it. The only thing that made him "great" was that he was a step ahead of his time and so were all the other people in my opinion.

simple_faith
Nemesis
Lobby Username: simple_faith

Post by simple_faith »

Kazter wrote:Assassin was shit.
Your shit, MiddleWarriors scum

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Kazter wrote:Wasn't lion the guy in the final? After what I understand there was a lot of controversy around him being toxicundergroov.

Dug up a post similar to the one Daniel made, have a look:
http://ee.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forum ... ,4546,0,10

(Also scroll down to gottahavemoney's list.)
Let's say I posted in that topic. I'm not gonna say what username, but I did.

Regardless, there's not a box marked "other" so I won't be voting.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

Ghost wrote:Regardless, there's not a box marked "other" so I won't be voting.
Why would there be such a box?

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

lol faith rofl
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

someone made extra accounts to vote for phobia or something yesterday he was 0 then flys up to 7 this is your fav person to vote on shame this poll looks like a troll poll now.

Kinda funny tho people like lion elf bum ras BE they played ee when it was busy and more competition in games. 2010-12 players shouldnt even count as being best with lobby only having 60 ppl active lol wtf.
Kinda joke really. Its just like someone mentioned pope yea he got really nice player now but whats a nice player with 60 active people? when sierra server was alive pope was unknown player not very good unheard of.

Maybe fred will be best ee player in 5 more years when no one plays ;)
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Ghost wrote:
Kazter wrote:Wasn't lion the guy in the final? After what I understand there was a lot of controversy around him being toxicundergroov.

Dug up a post similar to the one Daniel made, have a look:
http://ee.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forum ... ,4546,0,10

(Also scroll down to gottahavemoney's list.)
Let's say I posted in that topic. I'm not gonna say what username, but I did.

Regardless, there's not a box marked "other" so I won't be voting.
You were Anarchy_Balsac1.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Return to “EE General Discussion”