• Empire Earth
  • Miscellaneous

Best EE Player Of All Time!?!

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.

Best EE'er of all time?

Samuel
6%
Omega
6%
ras
10%
Epic
6%
Wolvy
1%
Phobia/Zeke
12%
lion_
4%
Bones
4%
Krass
24%
BE
2%
Elfanor
4%
Lavanger
4%
Twisted Bum
1%
Goldeneye
11%
Captain Nemo
4%

Total votes : 140

Re: Best EE Player Of All Time!?!

Postby _DavE_ » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:30 pm

Good luck defending an f11 10 push with mass swords, level 10 + 4 STS with Arrow Armour upgrades then without a fortress. Even by the slim chance you do survive it, you will have lost a lot of mining time/units and will just get worn down with wave after wave of pressure.

At the end of the day, you don't play this game anymore, you haven't been on the seen for years, which is absolutely fine. The truth is you would have to see the new standard for yourself to acknowledge it. It's pointless debating it tbh.

If you read what I said, I already said I wasn't the best in 06. But come I think early 08, there was a thread on MPA Forums where I was rated the best Mid SH player 60%-40% in my favour vs Calv, by the active Mid SH players at the time. Everyone's list had me and Calv as number 1 and 2, just different orders.

The point is, the so called oldschool experts would simply have to adapt to new meta and styles, some would probably become quite competitive again, others wouldn't.

KrasS is the best player I've seen in 14 years of my time on this game. The fact that he played sc2 professionally tells you all you need to know. A game that makes the speed of EE look pretty average...
_DavE_
Advanced Member

Postby Arntzen » Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:44 am

seizmic wrote:You wrote a lot but not much is relevant or poignant to what I'm saying, so I don't really have much else to say.

Your hypothesis about advancement and improvement based on real life sports is completely out of whack though and I've explained why, you've yet to address it.

What we're saying is relevant. We claim the standard has risen.
You said you'd argue "A guy who dominates a setting with fifty experts is better than one who dominates the same with eight". If the bar has risen those fifty may not be considered experts anymore.
To put it bluntly if you have 300 noobs to play your competition is worse than if you have one expert to play.
We also pointed out how all old experts who return, except for a few exceptions, can't keep up. If these players played at a higher level in the past than what we do today, shouldn't we except them to at least be able to compete?
On top of this we've had a lot more time to train. In 2006 the game was 5 years old, many of us have played more than twice that long.

Also Dave is not saying nobody made a fortress before. He's saying if you don't make one in CA vs SW today, you die. He is also talking about EEC while I'm sure you're thinking of AOC with expansionism civ.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization
Arntzen
Administrator

Postby SlipKnoT » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:02 am

Yes you guys are the best players at a time when almost nobody plays the game. Basically this era doesn't matter. EE is boring and been dead for many years. This topic needs to be closed as you can't determine the best ever because there are far too many eras.

Regarding returning players. Yes they will always suck when they havent played in years consistently vs people who play it every day lol. You can't compare
SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Postby dan » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:18 am

Love it, EE lives!
Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit.
dan
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to EE General Discussion