GR(Game Ranger) is god awful.

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
DrHouseMd
Banned
Lobby Username: DrHouseMd

Re: GR(Game Ranger) is god awful.

Post by DrHouseMd »

In in regard to after 30 f11 expanionism being a waste, so is all the cost reduction and build time decrease. Who honestly needs to save 6 food and iron on a sword when u have 3 iron mines and 3 farms? Is an extra 10 seconds on a sword build time gonna be all that important at 30 f11? Expansionism has added benefits unforseen, such as morale range early on, if u die, you can rebuild much more quickly and faster stone mining for wonders, ect. You're looking at it from a simplistic view bro. Theres more intrisnic value in it.

DrHouseMd
Banned

Post by DrHouseMd »

Actually, build time decrease on swords is more like 4-5 seconds. With 10-15 barracks pumping swords, its actually a waste at this point.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Ghost, was this in a 4v4?
And for all of you saying expan is good i agree, just find it worse then a 2 eco-civ "slutciv" in 4v4 because you dont have the pop to actually abuse your expan power.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

DrHouseMd
Banned

Post by DrHouseMd »

Kazter bro it doesnt matter. The mining advantage and cit production alone make it abusive. A good pocket can roll a sword only wing pretty bad at 20 f11. And then own your CA only making pocket, even if his wing is dead. But these arguements are worthless because the players who did this sort of shit do not play anymore.

AEnima
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: AEnema

Post by AEnima »

I'm the real Calv.

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

i use normal eec civs on mid wing and always won my wing when i used to smurf and slut on there. Also remember alot of aoc players didnt like slut rushing if i remember right cus i got kicked for doing slut rushing on aoc :o But i have to say there was some nice players who made exp work pretty nice
-NeW-: ey idiot
-NeW-: triki
-NeW-: no
-NeW-: stupid
-NeW-: u are syndrom down
-NeW-: and retardet
simple_faith Assassin was pretty great
Kazter:Assassin was shit.

AEnima
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: AEnema

Post by AEnima »

[-Ts-] Tricky wrote:i use normal eec civs on mid wing and always won my wing when i used to smurf and slut on there. Also remember alot of aoc players didnt like slut rushing if i remember right cus i got kicked for doing slut rushing on aoc :o But i have to say there was some nice players who made exp work pretty nice
Slut rushing was never really effective in large 4v4 with experts. Map is big enough that good players can defend it, and never was a good player regardless of play style not allowed in an expert mid game.

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

lol i got kicked a few times for slut rushing :P yea but most you aoc mid sh players back then expected people not to rush i saw it so many times wing would be so slow getting army and be smashed by a good rush and eco hitting.

But yea i do agree some of the pro`s on there back in the mid sh days can use exp effective but its just what people perfer i guess dont think you can say which one is better its just one what best suits the player who is playing wing :o lol love how these topics go off topic :o

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Kazter wrote:Ghost, was this in a 4v4?
Several of them and also a few times on a small map 1v1.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

Some good points BC. The defense system u can make with exp is alot better which is why I tend to wall up when Im pocket, also cause I've been base raped enough times. but that doesn't help if one has pf.

Anyway yes cost red is useless later in game which is why many tend not to use building cr in aoc for example. I'd say btd is useful late in game aswell, but the advantage decreases of course. Rebuild time is also better with exp yes especially if they still has tributes u could rebuild in like 10f11 fully.

I'd still prefer my civs without exp either for better eco or better unit ups.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

DrHouseMd
Banned

Post by DrHouseMd »

The style of the gameply nemo was alot different bro. Very rarely did players back then mass one single unit. The did alot of unit compistions. For example with exp, you could actually do swords/trebs/trebs kinda fast. And you know thats thats the strongest mid combo. What it boils down to is context. In EEC, you're better off massing a single unit because its more cost effective throughout the game. In AoC, its just as cost effective to have a good unit comp.

Since its the real calv, hes right and he's remembering the same shit I do. Engima would play on wing and own most sword rushers with his 7 TC start. He'd have like 70 cits by 7 f11 with exp, and just over whelm you.

People like warrman and eeralf would slut rush in expert 4vs4 and typically die to a good wing who could stop a slut rush, like pyro, baron or icestorm.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

I was wrong. Most have been my own experience.
DrHouseMd wrote:Engima would play on wing and own most sword rushers with his 7 TC start. He'd have like 70 cits by 7 f11 with exp, and just over whelm you.
-,-
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

enigma used to be a very nice wing to be fair even my slut rush failed against him before i thought he would die easy got some citz but his eco was too good and he got weird mix`s in what was just ownage and just kept pumping :( But depends what player you are some like fast army like me even if you cant win rush you can be annoying as hell and rape eco fast in game to slow them down so pocket will be ahead.

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Post by Captain Nemo »

enigma's strategy was mostly going swords with x bows and siege. Easially defeated with ca+balli or knights+balli but a big loss with swords. I do doubt most of them could withstand a good swordslut. You wouldn't kill them instantly but you could mass much quicker, get a fast hero and own them that way. Not saying it'd work every time tho.

BC the time u describe u came to aoc is pretty much same as I, maybe I was a couple of months later. But I played with enigma, icestorm etc a few games. You're better off massing swords with trebs on wing and ca with balli in pocket most of the time, but many strats can work out.
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

[-Ts-] Tricky
Administrator

Post by [-Ts-] Tricky »

yea true nemo with a decent pocket i would perfer eec start any day cus of quickness of army and hero but depends of your pocket player too if pocket dont perform as well then can end the game for ya :( but suppose thats with any setts

Return to “EE General Discussion”