GR(Game Ranger) is god awful.

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Draco
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: Ðracø™

Re: GR(Game Ranger) is god awful.

Post by Draco »

And you wont play me... odd.

Scrubs play one setting.

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

Draco wrote:And you wont play me... odd.

Scrubs play one setting.
there is a difference from wont play you to wont challenge you. i said i wouldn't challenge you. which general terms is the less skilled player which challenges someone to a 1v1 this would be yourself.

Draco
Advanced Member

Post by Draco »

As long as you feel your more skilled then another player, by only playing one sett in the game, then good for you. However... the only thing you have done here is troll my post. There for I said i would play you. your a 12 year old kid that lives with his mom, its cool man, really awesome !

taco
Civ Nazi

Post by taco »

i play 1 sett good. you play many setts bad. i could do the same thing if i felt like it.

Texas Ranger
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: Texas Ranger

Post by Texas Ranger »

All this 1-set hate... I don't play this game very often, and when I do I cba wasting that time learning other setts. Stop trying to make excuses for losing to us in that 1 set. We play what we want. I never judged the grenwar-only players (well, not too much...). ;)

Draco
Advanced Member

Post by Draco »

Lol @ taco, you don't know shit. Funniest thing is even if you do beat and only IF you will struggle. And I've quit for 7-10 years and only recently came back 3 weeks ago ???!! Ahahahah.

Texas Ranger wrote:All this 1-set hate... I don't play this game very often, and when I do I cba wasting that time learning other setts. Stop trying to make excuses for losing to us in that 1 set. We play what we want. I never judged the grenwar-only players (well, not too much...). ;)
You never judged the only gren war players because like only a mid sh player, they to are a one age player. Learning more then one setting is not a waist of time, be uses you can get more enjoyment out of the game if you dabble in all of its aspects. Or stay comfortable in one age and deem your self ungodly, it's all the same either way.

The middle sh community I never cared for, because of there attitudes, I.e; taco and simPle_faith. Both are virgins in real life and trolls in game

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Draco wrote:
The middle sh community I never cared for, because of there attitudes, I.e; taco and simPle_faith. Both are virgins in real life and trolls in game

Simple faith has a baby face and got 2 kids. I don't think they're adopted.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Draco
Advanced Member

Post by Draco »

" don't think " is not a difinitive response. No reason to stick up for your boyfriend

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Well I'm on team Draco here. I went from being a one set player (Mid sh eec and learned aoc in save-ee server) to more or less an all-set player. I'm not saying I'm good in all settings, but I got the idea of most, and are never afraid to try something new.

For me the EE-experience grew a lot and I've started to not only enjoy Mid sh more but all other settings as well. Not to mention I've picked up hints and tricks on the way that I get to use in Middle as well as all other settings. For example early game sword play got stronger after learning P2 and multitasking from Liga.
On the other hand Mid 1v1 turned a lot less interesting since I learned how much better Mod 1v1 is and best of all Liga 1v1 is. For 2v2's I find more or less SH and TL to be equal for Middle and Large map is something I never enjoyed much, and I enjoy it less now.

IMO when it comes to respect (setting wise):
1. All set player
2. Liga expert
3. SH and TL player (PRE/Mid/Indy/Mod)
4. Mod DM player
5. SH or TL player (Pre/Mid/Indy/Mod)
6. Mod Sh player
7. Middle player
8. Pre player
9. Mid sh f11 60 No R/S/B/D/G/F/Q/E/T/D/G/H/H/D
10. Fuckings grenwar players.

Reason: Grenwar players actually know SH quite well but stay in that stupid rulegame instead of trying lets say Indy no R/S games. Mid f11 players arent the best in the world and are normally not what you wud consider active players so thats why they rank over Grenwar scum. Pre players never does anything else than pre to nano. People like Water should have been mastering Mid sh in 2003 and been experts in all-sets by now. BUT FOR SOME REASON THEY STAY IN THEIR CONFORT ZONE FOREVER even tho they barely NEVER looses. Mid players goes under mod sh because it's generally an easier setting. SH or TL player is higher because they actually took time to learn other settings as well. Something I really respect. Mod DM (or Mod TL aoc) comes at 4th place cuz those settings are hard as shit. SH and TL players are 3rd because they really have digged into what EE has to offer. Liga experts comes even higher at 2nd but basically any expert wud be real high (even tho Texas or Taco selfclaim they only play well in Mid they are probably at like 2.8ish or something on this scale). And highest comes people like Krass or Goldeneye who just own in everything.

Bottom line: It's sad good players don't take the time to learn other settings as well. For an expert in one setting to learn another is barely any effort needed (unless it's something entirely different, in which case I wud recommend learning the most similar setting first). Like Mid player would learn other SH's or Pre player goes to Mid etc.
Think about it, if everyone could play anything we would have had all settings alive and kept more people active.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Oh and btw, Simple_Faith is a douche but he does play every setting at a quite high level. If he weren't such an asshole he would have had a lot of respect IMO.

Draco
Advanced Member

Post by Draco »

Hence why don't care for him all and will classify him as a average player even at what lvl I am and I think of later now as a pro at all lvls and taco, simple faith, nothing more then average nothing I want to mold my self after

tool
Lobby Username: (Zabijej) Tool

Post by tool »

well i only remember a few all-setters. it was just a handful, people were mainly one setting, and i think the only reason people bothered learning new settings is because EE died a little each day, until the point that the indy epoch virtually vanished, and mod was being dissolved as well. though i guess glitching didn't help. pre is the only setting which i've never seen falter, it just keeps staying alive, populated by a few dedicated players. while people bitch at them all the time, i think it's just envy. a longing to be able to play their preferred epoch virtually anytime they want.

because if i had it my way i'd have never learned middle as i think it's a particularly awful setting. but mod had always been getting weaker and more annoying. the only reason i ever played middle was because of the distinct lack of mod games. if things had turned out differently i could easily see a group of only dedicated mod/indy/mid who kept their settings alive still being able to enjoy their favorite settings being disrespected by others longing for a different setting.

in essence everyone had their favorite setting and would gladly play it over and over, but the depreciating numbers forced them to try new things, in my case anyways. i'm still not sure if things would have been better as just one settings, but that it was just a last ditch effort for people to keep playing ee.

take nino for example, to me he seems lost. he was an active mod player, but now he just plays middle going cataphract/knights every game. he may actually enjoy this combination but i doubt it, feels like he just keeps on holding to ee waiting for something better to come along. i don't know i'm rambling at this point. also the all-setters, at least AoC wise, weren't anything to remember, supposed mastery of multiple epochs was their only defining factor.
mhm?!?

taco
Civ Nazi

Post by taco »

this is so funny, the pride of some on here. i use2 play a number of setts mid was the last sett i learnt and i came into mid rather late in ee. you plant seeds in your posts saying "if i lose its because i haven't played in 7-10 years" if that's so IF i lose its because of the following reasons 1. im never on. 2. i have played maybe 15games in total the past 2 weeks(not all mid) 3. i haven't played in 2 years prior to those 15 games. i can keep going with these excuses if u want lack of sleep, bad computer, hell my imaginary dog wanted me to take him for a walk and play with him during the 1v1. i don't have the time to relearn the other setts nor do i want to spend what little time i have playing a sett in which i wont enjoy that time on.

Texas Ranger
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: Texas Ranger

Post by Texas Ranger »

Again, I can't spend the time memorizing all the ages and civs in liga, so I simply won't play it. I only spend a small amount of time on EE, so when I get on I just want to play a set I'm comfortable with and move on. There is no incentive for me to waste time learning other setts. The only other set I could possibly be interested in is Mod TL (aoc of course), but those aren't very common tbh.

The elitism shown here is quite unfounded. You are not the master race of EE because you bothered memorizing all the strats in liga.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

No elitism intended. Just stating the fact that you got a pussy attitude to learning new settings.
Think about it, you've played countless hours in a game and only experienced so little of it. This is a game you fell in love with, why not "waste" time exploring it deeper.

Also I think it's a win-win. Both for you and the community.

Worst case scenario you spent 0.5 % of your time spent on EE trying something new and it weren't in your taste.

Return to “EE General Discussion”