Drexmod 3: Upcoming features

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
drex888
Lobby Username: Drex888

Drexmod 3: Upcoming features

Post by drex888 »

Hi,

The folowing features should be included in the next release:

- Cheat Detector (done)
- Ranking System based on Elo ranking system and adapted for EE team games (heavy developement / 70% of work done and currently on test )
- A basic web site to check ranks and stats (not started yet)
- A new Lobby command Quick Team "/qt". Auto balancing teams, based on player's elo score. don't require swap. That what i used in "mid -ranked" games. (done)
- A new Lobby command Match Maker "/mm". Finds an optimal teams balancing: put best wing vs best wing, best pocket vs best pocket,... requires slots swap (not started yet)
- All bugs you found in the actual version.

Features not yet analysed / I don't know if it's possible

- Mini Map colors: show allied in blue (or other color), enemies in Red. (== detection citz landing on islands game :D :D )
- Mini map filter : show only units. show only buildings (== sieges localization on islands game :mrgreen: )
- Allow the host of the game to be pocket.
- Only the host is allowed to pause the game.
- Display in-game shotcuts on the units/buildings buttons (if that not impact the performances)

May also inlcude others easy stuff I found during the developement.

Feedback and comments are welcome :D

drex / yukon
Last edited by drex888 on Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Locodoco
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Locodoco_

Re: Drexmod 3: Upcoming features

Post by Locodoco »

Nicely Done bro!

it would be even more better if you add HexCivs Detector.

Do you have a photo of how ranking looks like?
pody: eC .. is etc for what ?
_[eC]_Arntzen_: european cunts
pody: ahh .. ok bro
_[eC]_Arntzen_: np
_[eC]_Arntzen_: :)

drex888

Post by drex888 »

Locodoco wrote:Nicely Done bro!

it would be even more better if you add HexCivs Detector.

Cheat detector includes resource glitch as you know + hex civ detection + map hack detection.
I never catch someone using map hack in my games, i suppose that old cheat is no longer used.

Ranks images are the same like BF3 images. may change if i have better proposals.

drex888

Post by drex888 »

Locodoco wrote:
you can even change them on your local PC if you don't like them :wink:

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Awesome Drex! I am especially excited about the ranking system, and as usual I got about a thousand questions :D so here we go:
drex888 wrote: - Ranking System based on Elo ranking system and adapted for EE team games (heavy developement / 70% of work done and currently on test )
  • You said there is three different rankings (1vs1, wing and pocket) are these rankings completely separate? E.g. will losing 1 team game effect the 1vs1 ranking?
  • You said it's based on Elo, specifically for team games how does that work? Is it the total elo-ranking of the enemy team and your team that determines how many points are won/lost depending on the outcome of the game?
  • If a highly ranked in pocket player face an equally highly ranked pocket player in a team game, but one has a stronger wing, does this effect the points won/lost?
  • What happens if someone crashes? Does this count as a loss?
  • What happens if for whatever reason we need a load? For example host is lagging, and we want to try new host, does this count as well?
  • Does the ranking system automatically work? Or do we need to have -ranked in game title? (If it's automatic, can you please add -unranked as a feature if players don't want to play ranked for whatever reason. Sometimes we just want to test something, or fool around, you know :D)
  • What rank will be shown, if you have very high team game wing, and bad team game pocket and 1vs1 ranking? Is there going to be a way to see the difference between someone good in 1vs1 or team game?
drex888 wrote: - A basic web site to check ranks and stats (not started yet)
Amazing! The more stats you can add on there the better :D
drex888 wrote: - A new Lobby command Quick Team "/qt". Auto balancing teams, based on player's elo score. don't require swap. That what i used in "mid -ranked" games. (done)
- A new Lobby command Match Maker "/mm". Finds an optimal teams balancing: put best wing vs best wing, best pocket vs best pocket,... requires slots swap (not started yet)
Love this! I also have a lot of chat command suggestions, don't know if possible or not ofc :D Here they are:
"/mids" Short for mid SH small sets all the mid settings with small map + 20 citizen to everyone in the room (small, plains, SH, 1200, easy, mid-mid, tournament, off wonder, very fast, reveal on, custom civ on, lock speed/team on)
"/midm" Short for mid SH medium, you get the deal :D
"/ligas" Short for liga small
"/ligam" Short for liga medium
"/pres" Sets pre sh settings with small map (small, conti, sh, 1200, easy, pre-nano, standard, off, very fast, reveal map off, civ/team/speed is checked)
"/prem" Sets pre SH settings with medium map (medium, medit, sh, ... same as pres)
"/prel" Sets pre SH settings with large map (large, medit, sh, ... same as pres)
"/islm" Short for island medium, sets P2N island f11 60 settings for medium map
"/isll" Short for island large, same as islm but large map
Only problem I can see with this is that some want more pop, and so either just leave all at 1200 and let host manually set pop to what he wants, or add another version of every command like "midsp" short for mid SH small pop that gives 4000 pop automatically.

Ofc, I have no idea if this is something that is super easy to do or very difficult, so if it's not very easy then don't do it in my opinion, not worth a lot of effort.
drex888 wrote:
Features not yet analysed / I don't know if it's possible

- Mini Map colors: show allied in blue (or other color), enemies in Red. (== detection citz landing on islands game :D :D )
- Mini map filter : show only units. show only buildings (== sieges localization on islands game :mrgreen: )
- Allow the host of the game to be pocket.
- Only host is allowed to pause the game.
- Display in-game shotcuts on the units/buildings buttons (if that not impact the performances)
All great ideas tbh, nothing to criticize here.
Other features I can come up with that might be impossible:
Add chat command in game that let's host kick observers, e.g., "/kickobs".

Anyway, hope I don't bore you with all these questions. I do think it's important to look at the ranking system from angles of how it can be manipulated.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

evil
Lurker
Lobby Username: evil-system

Post by evil »

Cheat Detector: good we do not cheat on EE +1
Ranking; who care
Mini map colors invaded : Noooo !!!

ah in this case if it sees the day at each island if the player will not finish are wall before f11 60 it will be invaded either with 10 cit but 50 and beyond f11 60 mod invaded by helico its too much changes the game to know if we are invaded .... f11 60 its rule on island !!!

Mini map filter : show only units. show only buildings (== sieges localization on islands game :mrgreen: ) =>> Nooo !!!!
it also changes the basic game to know where are the sieges enemis is completely smoke and even more for pocket bombing easy ...

Only host is allowed to pause the game. =>> Mixed, if someone afk for 2min urgency need paused unpaused = leave = ruine game !

D55
Lobby Username: D55

Post by D55 »

Awesome drex! I like all of these features. Although with I disagree with host only able to pause, what if my keyboard battery dies lol. Also, when is it released? I would like to try it asap when ever i get some time to play again.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

D55 wrote:Awesome drex! I like all of these features. Although with I disagree with host only able to pause, what if my keyboard battery dies lol. Also, when is it released? I would like to try it asap when ever i get some time to play again.
Pretty sure this is going to be an option that you can toggle on or off.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

drex888

Post by drex888 »

Yo,

Thank you all for your interest :D

Before answering your questions, here is an overview on how the ranking system works:

1v1 game:

Every 10 F11, the system evaluate the stats and decide who wins the round (1 round = 10 F11).
The "end of the game", from the the point of view of the Ranking System, happens when 1 player resign or drop or alt-F4 or crash or the game become uneven for some raison.

At the end of the game, the score is caluclated like this (only the 3 last rounds counts) :
the loser's score(the fist guy who resigned or dropped or crashed or defeated): +2 points for each round win, -2 for each round lost, -4 Penalty for Defeat.
the winner (the other guy) : +2 for each round win, -2 points for each round lost, +4 Reward for Victory.

ex: if you win 2 rounds, you lose 1 round, but you win the game, your score = 2 + 2 - 2 + 4 = 6 points
your opponent's score = - 2 - 2 + 2 - 4 = -6 points

Team game:

Team ranking works like 1v1. each player is evaluated indivdually compared to his direct opponenent(=the guy in front of him).
In team game, the "Loser" is the first player who resigned or dropped or crashed..., the "Winner" is the player in front of him.

- Winner's score = +2 for each round win, -2 for each round lost. +4 reward for victory.
- Loser's score = +2 for each round win, -2 for each round lost. -4 penalty for defeat.
- pocket/wing of the Winner = +2 for each round win, -2 for each round lost. +2 reward for victory.
- pocket/wing of the Loser = +2 for each round win, -2 for each round lost. -2 penalty for defeat.
- the other members of the winning team : +2 for each round win, -2 for each round lost. +1 reward for victory.
- the other members of the losing team : +2 for each round win, -2 for each round lost. -1 penalty for defeat.

:idea:
- In fact, you win/lose more or less than 2 points per round, and more or less points per victory or defeat. depending on balance of power between you and your direct opponent.
- The Ranking System uses Elo formula to determine the amount of points you win or you lose.
- Your opponent's score is always the opposite of your score.

I hope that was clear. :D

drex/yukon
Last edited by drex888 on Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Neotje
Intermediate Member

Post by Neotje »

Oh I do like Arntzen his idea of default setting commands. Makes it easy to switch, and you don't forget stuff...
This could be something for the config file, then you can also set your own gamesetting types, should be easy to put the forms in there. Could be coupled to the setting detection algorithm..
- Cheat Detector (done)
- Ranking System based on Elo ranking system and adapted for EE team games (heavy developement / 70% of work done and currently on test )
- A basic web site to check ranks and stats (not started yet)
- A new Lobby command Quick Team "/qt". Auto balancing teams, based on player's elo score. don't require swap. That what i used in "mid -ranked" games. (done)
- All bugs you found in the actual version.
Cheat detection: perfect.
Ranking: could be fun, I look forward to see how you implement it, if anything it is a quick reference for people you do not know.

drex888

Post by drex888 »

You said there is three different rankings (1vs1, wing and pocket) are these rankings completely separate? E.g. will losing 1 team game effect the 1vs1 ranking?
There are 6 sets : Islands, Mid, Pre, Liga, Mod, Indy
and 3 Elo scores for each set: 1v1, wing, pocket
6 x 3 = 18 scores for each player, all independent of each other.

You said it's based on Elo, specifically for team games how does that work? Is it the total elo-ranking of the enemy team and your team that determines how many points are won/lost depending on the outcome of the game?
If a highly ranked in pocket player face an equally highly ranked pocket player in a team game, but one has a stronger wing, does this effect the points won/lost?
your performance in a team game, is evaluated only compared to your direct opponent, see my previous post.

What happens if someone crashes? Does this count as a loss?
Resign or drop or crash or ALT+F4 are considered as defeat, if the game is not loaded within 30 mins.
What happens if for whatever reason we need a load? For example host is lagging, and we want to try new host, does this count as well?
loads are supported, the ranking process can resume loaded games, provided that you do not exceed the max of 30 mins between the last game activity and the the load.
Does the ranking system automatically work? Or do we need to have -ranked in game title? (If it's automatic, can you please add -unranked as a feature if players don't want to play ranked for whatever reason. Sometimes we just want to test something, or fool around, you know :D)
Not defined yet. that's works for all games atm.
What rank will be shown, if you have very high team game wing, and bad team game pocket and 1vs1 ranking? Is there going to be a way to see the difference between someone good in 1vs1 or team game?
Very interesting question :D

Each player has 1 rank by set. Island rank(cyan), Mid rank (red), Liga rank(yellow)...
your mid rank = mid Xp(1v1) x mid Score(1v1) + mid Xp(wing) x mid Score(wing) + mid Xp(pocket) x mid Score(pocket) / mid Xp(1v1) + mid Xp(wing) + mid Xp(pocket)

in the lobby, your Most Played Set Rank is shown(the rank of the set you played more during recent months).(done)
in the game Room, the rank of the current settings is shown: if it's mid game, your mid rank is shown (i'm working on that)
I'll add a filter to the lobby(if i can) to allow to users to select which ranks they want to be shown.
Last edited by drex888 on Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

drex888

Post by drex888 »

Arntzen wrote:
D55 wrote:Awesome drex! I like all of these features. Although with I disagree with host only able to pause, what if my keyboard battery dies lol. Also, when is it released? I would like to try it asap when ever i get some time to play again.
Pretty sure this is going to be an option that you can toggle on or off.
All stuff in drexmod could be turned on/off. we doesn't impose anything on anyone :mrgreen:

drex888

Post by drex888 »

evil wrote:Cheat Detector: good we do not cheat on EE +1
Ranking; who care
Mini map colors invaded : Noooo !!!

ah in this case if it sees the day at each island if the player will not finish are wall before f11 60 it will be invaded either with 10 cit but 50 and beyond f11 60 mod invaded by helico its too much changes the game to know if we are invaded .... f11 60 its rule on island !!!

Mini map filter : show only units. show only buildings (== sieges localization on islands game :mrgreen: ) =>> Nooo !!!!
it also changes the basic game to know where are the sieges enemis is completely smoke and even more for pocket bombing easy ...

Only host is allowed to pause the game. =>> Mixed, if someone afk for 2min urgency need paused unpaused = leave = ruine game !
I'll also add a siren sound when someone tries to land on my island :mrgreen:

I'm just kidding lol

Locodoco
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Locodoco_

Post by Locodoco »

Awesome!

How about adding a new Tab in the Lobby interface Where it shows Everyone ranks in all set.

for example "Top Players in Middle" , " Top players in Islands " etc..
pody: eC .. is etc for what ?
_[eC]_Arntzen_: european cunts
pody: ahh .. ok bro
_[eC]_Arntzen_: np
_[eC]_Arntzen_: :)

drex888

Post by drex888 »

Does the ranking system automatically work? Or do we need to have -ranked in game title? (If it's automatic, can you please add -unranked as a feature if players don't want to play ranked for whatever reason. Sometimes we just want to test something, or fool around, you know :D)
I forgot to specify that the Ranking works only for:
- Balanced games: works for 1v1, 2v2, ... not for 2v1, 2v3,....
- Regular games with specific predfined settings.
ex:
Will works for 1v1 mid to mid, plains, tournament, reveal map on
but will not works for : 1v1, mid to mid ,large islands, tournament reveal map on
The settings of the game should match exactly the predefined settings (start epoch, end epoch, map type, resources type, variant, reveal map, custom civ, ..)

Yes, as usual there will be a room comand to désactivate ranking "-norank"

Return to “EE General Discussion”