Drexmod 3: Upcoming features

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Bogdan_xD
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: [FAME] Bogdan_xD

Re: Drexmod 3: Upcoming features

Post by Bogdan_xD »

i don't know how yukon's code looks like, but sounds like doable.Considering if drexmod can read the position of players (the order they joined), if player 1 drops and player 2 has drexmod and detects ( Waiting for Host etc), it could try to spam 5 times the F4 key to save the game.But i don't know if that warning ( waiting for host ) is identifiable to flag it and use it
Streaming Empire Earth , mostly Islands F11 60 @ https://www.twitch.tv/bogdanx94

drex888
Lobby Username: Drex888

Post by drex888 »

Yes, I think that should be possible.
In most cases I process like that:
I locate the EE binary code which disconnect you from the host. I inject in this location a new code which call the "Save Function".
In the most of case, the "Save Function" first check if you are the host. If so,I modify it to force the save.

drex/yukon

Neotje
Intermediate Member

Post by Neotje »

drex888 wrote:Yes, I think that should be possible.
In most cases I process like that:
I locate the EE binary code which disconnect you from the host. I inject in this location a new code which call the "Save Function".
In the most of case, the "Save Function" first check if you are the host. If so,I modify it to force the save.

drex/yukon
This would be an absolute killer feature. :thumbsupl:

drex888

Post by drex888 »

bradleybrand wrote:Wow! I never thought all this was possible! :o

How does the Mod detect "Cheating"? Is it Detecting Programs running in the background or?...
Resources Glitching: each time the EE attribute you resources, the mod check if that come from legitimate activity or not.
Hex civ: When a player select a civ, the mod look on it and check if this is an hex civ or not.

CAV_range
Basic Member

Post by CAV_range »

- Please add a feature so after every match make a save of game so we check final statistic, results, etc.

Neotje
Intermediate Member

Post by Neotje »

CAV_range wrote:- Please add a feature so after every match make a save of game so we check final statistic, results, etc.
I don't think you actually need drexmod for this. Just stay in the game to the end and then autosave it. If the other people leave you will automatically be promoted to host. Just ask the host to save. If the host refuses you just pull your internet and the host will lag out, this works wonders if you suspect someone is using a glitch civ.

Neotje
Intermediate Member

Post by Neotje »

Would it be possible to add smurf detection to drexmod? Match IP adresses to player names and that way see if someone is smurfing? You get the IP's while hosting...

Locodoco
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Locodoco_

Post by Locodoco »

Neotje wrote:Would it be possible to add smurf detection to drexmod? Match IP adresses to player names and that way see if someone is smurfing? You get the IP's while hosting...

BULLSHIT , Add this and EE is ruined
pody: eC .. is etc for what ?
_[eC]_Arntzen_: european cunts
pody: ahh .. ok bro
_[eC]_Arntzen_: np
_[eC]_Arntzen_: :)

drex888

Post by drex888 »

Locodoco wrote:
Neotje wrote:Would it be possible to add smurf detection to drexmod? Match IP adresses to player names and that way see if someone is smurfing? You get the IP's while hosting...

BULLSHIT , Add this and EE is ruined

Smurf detection is technically possible but i think isn't a good idea. everyone should be free to change his name and playing anonymously.
But Smurfing can ruin the game, that could make it unbalanced and give the smurfer an advantage. the smurfer know your skill and your gameplay style while you do not know anything about him.

I think, DXM3 offers a better compromise, it allows to everyone to know if someone smurf (by his rank) and his skill. that's allow to make balanced teams regardless who smurf or not..

drex

Des
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Des

Post by Des »

Is there any chance that the mod will be part of the standard neoee installation? I appreciate your work and I think all the improvements are really nice and helpful. However, I feel a bit bad about using a tool that gives you an advantage compared to the standard setup. It would be a great extension to EE, if we make sure everyone uses it.

Lancelot5
Lobby Username: Lancelot5

Post by Lancelot5 »

After nearly year break and playing some games with your drexmod i must say that i really appreciate the work u have put into it to make EE better and transfer the game in kind of newer state. But I think you went with certain things a bit too far and probably not understand how they change the gameplay at all.

1. Zoom

I like that you have increased the zoom. For newer Screen and proper resolution the old viewscaling was terrible. I think it really brought serveral players back and made the game look a bit "nicer". But the range of scaling u offered everyone totally changed the EE gameplay in a bad way. On max zoomscale u litteraly see everything that happens in and arround your base with no effort at all. (some even see borders of the map and know if its 1 way in pre, see hills etc) Without drexmod it was you either get a signal or you had to look on minimap for enemy colors and than you actually had to scroll there to see what is it. Sometimes maybe just 1-2 units (so u wasted time on checking that) other time maybe a pro (was usefull to check that) or maybe some bigger army. So your opponent was spending time on creating these kind of actions towards you and you had to react which hopefully cost you even more time (in his view) -> Interactive Gameplay. Now you lliterally see everything, can easy defend / check -> opponent wont invest time on creating "drama" because his odds for doing something usefull got worse -> Noninteractive Gameplay.

Solution: Reduce the zoom to max 10-20 for all. Needs to be checked what is most acceptable for all. For Observers it still can be 30-40 so it wont affect records/streams.

2. HUD

The ingame scoreboard is kind of the same thing. You see what age they are, what units they go and partly even what civ they picked up and all that without scouting anything. Scouting was always very important part of the game. You had to invest time in it and used what u "found out" as an advantage to counter your opponent. With the HUD its partly gone.

Solution: Instead of having HUD as Standard hosting and -nohund to put on hostingnames to disable it. Make no HUD hosting as Standard and +hud if u want to use it. For Observers it could be always turned on. Or instead of the HUD you currently have just show the current rank and rankpoints of the players ingame. Or if possible show HUD when wonder alexandria is active.

3. The ranking system

I really like the system u have created there. For me best and most usefull part of your mod. Not Personally. Idc about the points but communitywise I think it´s awesome. It defently creates some attraction for cerain players and its something they can work on. Increase their ranks etc. Would be nice if it become somehow visible within lobby so that all can see their current rank. For me main focus should also be on the average player. Make it a bit easier for them to achieve certains ranks. So that it attracts them more to play the Game. For Top players hmmm... i guess they already know the strength of each other. Probably not so much important for them. But maybe i wrong here. Some like points.

4. Ranking system - trolling / banning

When in the near by future all can host ranked there should be some rules how you will handle trolls and deal with bans.
I currently really dislike how you deal with it. First you are currently the only one that can ban players, then sometimes they get 1 day ban
or 1 week... sometime u even speak about a month etc... its totally random depending on how you personal feel affected or trolled. So there needs to be rules every can follow. best discuss it with community. If it just something personal and everyone can host ranked then just block them from your game not from ranksystem.

5. Upcoming feature autoload Civ

Currently you are using an marco which let u choose civ by hotkeys saving u some time and giving you an unfair advantage. Just a small one but well it defently helps your start. You said it will become a part in next drexmod. So it will be fair for all. But again it affects the gameplay in certain sets making buildingcostreduction civs a bit stronger. Really its just a small thing but I hope that u are aware of such things when make certains changes towards the game.

6. Maybe upcoming feature: Minimapcolors - Minimapfilter

Again a feature that toally affect the gameplay. Doing nothing gets rewarded while being active gets punished. Why would someone invest
ressources for a kind of "ambush" when its so easy to see on minimap. Sure its annoying when someone raping your citz and u didnt notice it. But it creates drama and make things exciting it can turn gameseven sometimes even if the odds are against you. And its easy avoidable by dont being lazy.

Solution: Instead of making a kind of "detector" maybe you could just change the chooseable colors by player. So when someone chooses black, grey, bluegrey ...that it replaces it automatically to a next free more visible one. Because these colors are a Problem.

7. Cheat Detector
Awesome nice !

8. Maybe upcoming featue: Only host Pause
Also nice ! But should work only when host is not obs.

All in all. D' ont get me wrong youkon i really like the work u have put into this mod. But for me at least some changes defentely reward bad gameplay more then active gameplay. Maybe this little feedback can help you to see the things from another perspective.

_DavE_
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: _[eC]_DavE_

Post by _DavE_ »

I completely agree with a lot of what Lance has said. Some of the things are good, but when you start effecting the game play, that is where you have gone too far.

Basically yukon, you have made the game easier to play (for less skilled players) which may be a good thing for them. But for the good players of the game, you are completely discrediting the effort they have put it in to reach this skill level.

The zoom made it easier for slower players such as yourself to get better, instead of just the hard work, practicing, like the good players have done.
There's a reason why Islands has now been ruined and barely played these days.

EE's game play was so good back on Sierra. The game play does not need changing... What you are doing is basically making the game easier to play.
It should be about SKILL, not updating mods to make the game easier to play for the average player.

But of course, this all falls on deaf ears, for someone who has played the game for 14+ years on and off, what do I know eh. Stop altering things, what you have brought so far is more than enough.

alucard45
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: deamon

Post by alucard45 »

Rearreart here: I agree all points with what said "Lancelot" and also i will go deeper in the arguing particularly with the P2N Set and why some features are just a pain in the ass and should be rethink.

1. The Zoom camera in game

It was obviously a great idea actually you can chang your camera to see from a higher perspective, but here it's why it's wrong:

Actually average players are able to see everything around without a real effort of watching what happen, so these players don't need to scout, they don't need reflex at all especially in late epoch with sieges and bombers

Here is a great exemple of Bogdan in his stream using a higher camera persepective in Island game, and i can tell this is very trash, allow you to see every siege that is pushing and bombers who is coming, what skill there is left in this? moving the camera to watch all around was a part of skill from before, not it's ain't anymore, uhhh!!

Bogdan screen: https://www.twitch.tv/bogdanx94/video/589504965

2. The HUD

I don't think hud is affecting any other set than Liga, and Pre, i will talk especially about P2N game in this one so here is why this is wrong to have the HUD on in P2N game.

When starting a teamgame you have actually to scout your wing, and your pocket, what they will probably be doing, double club? pro rush on pocket? or wing? Actually this is a pain in the ass because if you want to do a double club pocket or a pro rush, your ennemy will check mainly what score you got in the HUD and he is knowing pretty quick at f11 3-4 what you are doing (higher score on pocket = prophet rush or double club) this is why it's canceling the strategy of surprising your ennemy at all.

Actually you will say me, the hud has no importance because we can always scoot you, so here it's why it's a complete false, just imagine some creativity in my pocket play, i will start as a pocket club, but i will make my barrack in an unknow location (or even temple in a stupid place for pro rush), so when your dog or club is going to run in my town, there will be no barrack, even if i'm seeing your dog pretty quick, i will take off my cit on iron and make sure your dog won't come back to scout again (i would have mainly tower on iron), so how you will be able to know if i'm a double club when you can't check the Score in the HUD and the epoch? i can be massing club like this for a great f11 10-12 and sent them all to attack pocket while my wing distract my wing by rushing in.

that is actually some gameplay that can be done with the HUD "OFF"

Also just a last point when it's a 1 Way map in P2N, if you are the wing the is closed and you want to go Stone Epoch to land some sneaky army on pocket, your ennmy wing is going to check the HUD Epoch and will know that you are going to land in a few F11, what's the matter of the surprise here?

3. The Autoload Civ

that is actually pretty trash especially in middle epoch and maybe in Teamgame in P2N it doesn't matter really.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the HUD need to make a limit available for everyone that is in the range of "18-20 Maximum", not more. and i swear it's enough for 1080P user

Also i'm against these 2 features:

- Mini Map colors: show allied in blue (or other color), enemies in Red. (== detection citz landing on islands game :D :D )
- Mini map filter : show only units. show only buildings (== sieges localization on islands game :mrgreen: )
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So at the end, you are seeing the game like an average player and what can be done i admit these feature are great, this is a great work, but this is not what see the expert players, you have to watch the point of view of expert players before adding features in a game and what can be achieved or not. You are really affecting the gameplay of the game here, you just make it easier for average player to play on.
Last edited by alucard45 on Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

_DavE_
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: _[eC]_DavE_

Post by _DavE_ »

Finally, other players are starting to say the same, or very similar things I have said.

Yukon, you need to take our points on board and listen to them. We aren't criticising what you've done, and this isn't an attack on you personally.

I'll just add, the hud effects all settings. I'll use it as an example, in a middle 1vs1 sword game, where you have both lost cits, you can just look at the scoreline and go "oh I'm ahead, I can sit back now, try early hero, or out boom him" This is effecting the game play, where as without the hud, skill is the factor. Good players will keep count of how many cits they killed, and how many cits they've lost which allows them to make a decision on how they play the game from now on. Not just "Oh ill check the score"

Please listen to us, we've played this game a lot longer than you have, and at a higher level.

owned
Intermediate Member

Post by owned »

The last couple of months and weeks I thought alot about this and now I thought it might be time to write down my point of view.

I now decided to take a break / stop playing Empire Earth. About the last months I lost every last bit fun of this game unfortunately. I don't want to blame yukon directly, he is a nice guy and had some cool ideas.

Unfortunately the playerbase we have in pre made this game for me personally totally unplayable with the ranking system. I have been playing pre (90% of my time, rarely other sets) since 2011 now and it was always a place for me to come and have some fun to play with my friends here.

Since we have the ranked games, alot of new faces, mostly smurfs have joined our "little" community. I have been griefend and trolled over a long period of time now, because people want me to lose points. I rarely can play 1-2 "normal" games on a weekend. I have been telling this to yukon over and over again, that smurfs, unknown and ghosters shouldnt be allowed to play because they ruin and troll. But he keeps in fact supporting that kind of behaviour.

Sadly, there are no other pre games on weekend anymore besides of the ranked ones on evening, which was my main time to play.

Lance and Dave called alot good points about this, it has many flaws still and they should be fixed asap. For me it is atm unplayable which results into taking a longer break for me now. Ofc that is only my opinion and I see, that alot of lower point players have alot of fun and it doesnt make or appear to make any difference to them if some1 is trolling or not.

I really hope yukon can work on that and correct the points lance has called. Especially not seperating wing and pocket points, aswell as forbid swaps. It is a team-based decision, and shouldnt be taken away from players.

I wish you all good luck, and stay healthy in these days.
- øWñEÐ.

Return to “EE General Discussion”