I believe it is once again time

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
_thor
Lobby Username: pM_Thor

Re: I believe it is once again time

Post by _thor »

PeLlE wrote:Just because some players are leaving it's no proof at all that they left because of the patch. I can think of thousands of better reasons to leave than crying about a patch and anyways this discussion is already old.
The only thing that's splitting this community is the endless discussion led by just a few members.

It takes about 2 seconds to path or unpatch your game and there are ways to have both, a patched and a unpatched EE installed so why are you still arguing?
And there were several votes which all ended, surprise surprise, with a majority for the patch..

Where is the point in revoting this matter every few month?
And even if another vote would end with a majority against the patch what then? Do you really think everyone would remove it immideatly? No. There would be chaos and that would be splitting the community!
sorry but your post has been said a lot and still doesnt change anything

the default patch should include the tribute screen. it should then be an ADDITIONAL patch button that takes away tribute.

its how it works you see, the removal of the tribute screen is called a GAME MOD. you guys ever played other games or anything like that? its like if steam took counter strike and made the "WoW mod" default then said well you can remove it if you like.

point is, when something is default its going to be used more often, which would explain why many people don't bother unpatching because they a) dont really realize/dont check this forum b) since its default, they think it must be somehow wrong to change it c) think that unpatching would harm their game which they probably took time and read guides on setting up..."wow i can finally play EE again on save-ee servers ! if i try to unpatch or something i may screw up this great opportunity, so i better not mess with it"
pM - Legacy
{Sauerkraut>}I love you: boom or rush this is the uesatinoin , i love shakespearei

AwesomeO
Novice Member
Lobby Username: The Things (1,2,3 and possibly 4)

Post by AwesomeO »

Honestly the patch is just stupid. It gets rid of cheaters but keep in mind that only one out of every 25 people actually cheat or know how to cheat, and those that do are certainly known for it, just don't let them play. While the removal of tributes is somewhat understandable (though I disagree with it) removal of custom chat is just terrible. If I'm playing FFA (try it sometime!) or if there's some important information I only want one person to hear, I can't do it. This doesn't necessarily solve the problems of cheaters, all it does is replace the problem with an even bigger one since the disadvantages outweigh the advantages, and the patch even fails to stop crashing (which if you ask me, is much worse than glitching) Its like solving the problem of racism by removing free speech, or getting rid of athletes foot by cutting off your legs. The patch should be off by defualt so people can actually choose. If omega spent the amount of time he did on removing tributes and custom chat to stop crashing, we would be much better off and I would be all for the patch.

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

P-51 wrote: Compare the current lobby size to what it was a 12-18 months ago.
Myself and probably a lot of others didn't leave because of the patches

P-51
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Xfire: p51p51
Lobby Username: «•FRMB•»P-51

Post by P-51 »

Indeed some people left for other reasons, but there have been people who left because of the patches. So if anybody left because of the lack of players in the lobby now then that was indirectly caused by the patches.

Olinja
Intermediate Member

Post by Olinja »

yea son like uhm if dis shit got voted in, id doet

Return to “EE General Discussion”