Liga 1v1 Weekly Event

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Samuel
Lobby Username: _[eC]_SamueL_

Liga 1v1 Weekly Event

Post by Samuel »

I am organizing a Liga 1v1 weekly event which will consist of having one night during the week ( eg: Thursday night ) where a Liga 1v1 + observers game will be open for everybody who's willing to partecipate.

Once you join you will be able to observe games between different players, and even play 1v1 as well. Everybody is welcome here and this is an oppurtunity for beginners to learn and for experienced players to play between each other in a little more competitive scenario.

This will not be a tournament, it's just one way to dedicate one night of the week to Liga 1v1, so that people know that on that certain night Liga 1v1s are being played between different players and they might find themselves to log on lobby to play some games or even just to observe some.
Once you joined you're not bound to play if you dont wish, I understand some players might like just to observe a nice game: you're free to do it if you so wish.

My goal is that of making sure EVERY PLAYER on lobby knows about it, that's why I will host this Liga 1v1 event EVERY WEEK. You aren't bound to join this every week and you don't have to tell anybody if you want to come and play. My goal is just that of making sure that everybody knows about it, so that by the next time it happens, they will know that on that certain day a Liga 1v1 event is taking place.
Some players who don't read the forums might find out about it on lobby and they might be interested as it's taking place.

Day and time are still to be decided.

P.S
Omega, I know there's a topic about pre-planned weekly events, but I'm asking you to keep this topic open so that people will have a better chance to see it while it's being organized.

LacRimoSa
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] LacRimoSa

Re: Liga 1v1 Weekly Event

Post by LacRimoSa »

I like the idea. However, do you write winners and losers down, and maybe make a statistic after a few games? Or just for fun?
No matter what, I'm going to support this idea.

Lg LacRi

VoE_CusTomm^
Lobby Username: VoE_CusTomm^

Post by VoE_CusTomm^ »

Well, I dont really get it :P There is nothing special its just a normal Liga 1v1 game like hosted every time ? Mostly there is Liga 1vs1s in the evinings anyways so I dont really understand the use. 8)

Samuel
Lobby Username: _[eC]_SamueL_

Post by Samuel »

Customm nowadays once people log on, they have no guarantee that a game like that will be hosted, and if it's being hosted it's generally about 2 players.

It would be nice if we had ONE DAY in which people can compete between each other, observe other players and even learn from each other in a constructive, fun, and competitive way.

I want to allow interested people to collect together and I think that if we're able to do this on a regular ( weekly ) basis, it will certainly help us all because it will keep players motivated to get better and improve: from the already good players who want to perfect their games to the potentially good players who would like to be as good as the pros. And what better way for them to observe pros playing between each other ( while commenting the games with other players ), and even compete with them?

We haven't had anything like that so far, it's true someone could still host their Liga 1v1s but it's completely different. You can trust me, I've been hosting Liga 1v1s for ages.
That's mostly because of the fact that our community isn't that big and that's why we need to collect interested players. If we just host Liga 1v1s randomly then people will sooner or later lose their motivation to play and get better, but if we collect them people will compete and then everybody will be more motivated.

That's why I'd like to repeat once again that everybody is welcomed. It would be awesome if we were able to come to a stage in which someone can log on and be able to have fun observing, with other intersted players, a game between some good players and then even be able to challenge them if they so wish. People who aren't pros yet are welcome too, it would be a great chance for them to improve.

----------------------------------------------

Lacri, I think we will involve some sort of fun competition into this, it will not be a tournament, but still something motivating. I will let you know as soon as it starts.

BLaKe
Xfire: zzombiejesus
Lobby Username: VoE_SpartaN^

Post by BLaKe »

It sounds like an ideal environment for new players to observe the strats and get tips, as well as intermediate players to practice their strats.

Good idea :thumbsupl:
Formerly VoE_SpartaN^

ben55

Post by ben55 »

Great idea Samuel. I can also host if the events get more than eight people.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Don't forget to kick the new liga players out!
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

BLaKe
Xfire: zzombiejesus
Lobby Username: VoE_SpartaN^

Post by BLaKe »

That means you'll never get to play lightness :P
Formerly VoE_SpartaN^

_BuddHa_
Intermediate Member

Post by _BuddHa_ »

cool idea.. i'll support it
It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell. -Buddha-

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

shake'N'blake wrote:That means you'll never get to play lightness :P
That's my point blake.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Wizo
Advanced Member

Post by Wizo »

I don't think that this was Samuels intention Lightnessking. You're really trying to play this set? Ask me, I can show you some basics.
"Nobody's invincible, no plan is foolproof
We all must meet our moment of truth"

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

Gud idea. But i must say that such ideas in the past have been nototiously unsuccessful. Not trying to be a pessimist but thats how its been.

simple_faith
Nemesis
Lobby Username: simple_faith

Post by simple_faith »

lightnessking4you wrote:Don't forget to kick the new liga players out!
I agree, COUGH COUGH ZEKE COUGH COUGH

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

Cud work if a select few strong players go out and seek new or unexperienced player, who gets on during their active times and trains them. Otherwise this plan wont reach many of these players u are referring to. I wud be like a sponsorship. Each one of us who are willing cud easily find suitable ppl. If not on lobby then definitey on gameranger and thus our lobby wud gain new players eager to learn

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

good idea, very practicable since its open to everyone. i can see other setts quickly following your idea.
whether it attracts more liga players i dont no, but it certainly lets other strong liga players know when they can get a good game.

Return to “EE General Discussion”