New user setup guide

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Moo
Spam4food

New user setup guide

Post by Moo »

This guide will tell you what you need to do from where to download the game until how to join them
1.png
The first thing of course is downloading the game which can be found in the EE general discussion in the topic "EE Unlimited" Click any of the mirrors.
2.png
Download took me about 40 minutes (The game is about 600MB) the folder in the background is what comes out after you run the exe that your downloading
3.png
After you download the exe and extracted all the files there should be a folder called "EE installation" Find it, double click it, and run the setup (setup.exe)
4.png
Just keep clicking next, it shouldn't take to long to install, In the end it will say would you like to install Direct X8? Most People should have at least 9 but feel free to install it just in case.

Moo
Spam4food

Re: New user setup guide

Post by Moo »

5.png
After you install the original EE you need to install the Expansion referred to as AOC, this one will ask you for a CD-Key in the root folder of where you extracted the files from EE Unlimited there is a text document called CD KEYS that have the key you need.
6.png
Now in the root folder again of where you extracted EE Unlimited there is a folder called "Pacthes" Run the 1000 - 1040 then the 1040 - 2000 DO NOT INSTALL THE NO CD CRACK BEFORE THESE PACTHES
7.png
You will probally get something like this, just click it installed correctly it will happen for both updates
8.png
The 1040 to 2000 Pacth will ask you for your CD Key, again use the ones in the text document but this time use the key for the original EE
Last edited by Moo on Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

9.png
This picture got a bit Caught off but thats not really important all your doing here is creating a new user account for the Save-ee Lobby found at lobby/LobbyClient.exe you probally also want to save this in your EE Folder
10.png
Here we are downloading the new pacthes made by Omega, at the very top of the lobby client theres a tab called "Pacth" click it something will pop-up click Auto Detect Install directories, and then auto-update come back to this if you get errors (A Moderator or an Admin can tell you what to do)
11.png
Now we can install the No-CD cracks, you can download them via the pacth tab but I usually just goto where I extracted EE, click the EE No CD crack and copy and paste onto where I installed EE which is C: Sierra/Empire Earth/ copy and paste onto there you will get a message saying "Would you like to Copy and replace, Copy and make a backup" But just click copy and replace
12.png
Finally we are able to join games! (which you should probably play Single Player first then join some compstomps to get familiar with the game.) Right click on someones game (They HAVE to be in white, gray means that game has started) click copy IP address and run the game corresponding to what game they are hosting (The little picture shows A gray EE and a Red AOC, if you copied the IP of an EE game run EE, if you copied the IP of an AOC game run AOC simple
Last edited by Moo on Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

13.png
At the main menu click Game Settings first thing here is we set our settings to what we like, after you ajusted the game to what you want go back to the main menu by clicking ok and saving your settings, Click on Multiplayer, Other Multiplayer, And then the Direct Connect Tab
14.png
Here I am adding a game by clicking "Add" then i click where it says IP address and press ctrl and v at the same time to copy and paste the IP address I copied earlier from the lobby
but you will join as Unknown???? If you want to change your name goto the options tab, Click Add, type your name in the box, press enter and now your name will show up as that every time you enter a game
15.png
There you go! Now you can play with others..... I want a bagel

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

this is dead, not big suprise

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

:P
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Return to “EE General Discussion”