Empire Earth Religion

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Re: Empire Earth Religion

Post by Ghost »

carlos wrote:umm id just like to point out that w/o trebs pts win pretty easy.
Uhhh I'd like to point out that with a few universities, PT's fail horribly. The only time PT's are effective is in Pre or Stone, or if you're playing vs. noobs.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Dee Stroyer
Novice Member

Post by Dee Stroyer »

Everyones talking about prophets, i can't believe no ones brought up priests yet, if anything i thought they were better, especially on island type games, all you have to do is build a few temples, build tower of babylon and then pump out priests and send them out to the other islands, a group of 20 priests with tower of babylon can completely destroy a players civilisation as all their units, civs and buildings turn into yours, its rediculously strong later on in the game when your temple gets more researchs and you have multiple conversions, and ive never seen a player who builds universities all over their base, some people don't even get one, unbelievable how much they underestimate priests. You don't even need to send cits to build a base at their island and set in, all you do is use multiply conversions at their resource spots and your taking their economy down and getting free cits to set yourself into their island, and nothing is worse on a large island game when the enemy builds a base on your island and just pumps military units out, its damn right hard to drive them away, especially when every unit you send to kick them off gets converted in a few seconds to theirs.

Id also like to add, if you using religion scares them into building temples and universities everywhere, that is affecting their game hugely, if thats resources and space that their not spending on units and military buildings, then their behind you in army and their economy is suffering. Definately something you should be using massively in your strategies if religion is allowed.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

When I mass religion, I do it to have fun and it's kind of a joke. If I beat you doing it, that's an embarrassment. I can get away with it fairly easy in AoC Mid SH, assuming the game isn't 100% experts, and because I can use the Emissaries civ power. That makes turns my priests into sniper priests and because it's SH you can get a Tower of Babylon fairly quick. Since they can't see your priests, they really don't have a clue as to what's going on.

Doing it in Mod SH on regular EE under the same circumstances is also entertaining because you can convert buildings.

Prophets however are more popular because they can deal a reasonable amount of damage with only one attack. Priests on the other hand require some level of commitment because they're not all that effective unless you load them up with civ bonuses or build a Tower of Babylon. Prophets are easy to add in during ANY game and will easily come as a surprise which could turn the tide of a game. You let him charge up, and then when you need that surprise havoc, it's immediate and you don't really care if he dies. When it comes to priests, you have to keep them alive long enough to actually finish the conversion, and the most damage they do is annoy your opponent.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Dee Stroyer
Novice Member

Post by Dee Stroyer »

I know what you mean, i find prophets are most useful when your on an island game because you dont even really need to bother with a fleet of warboats because a 5/6 prophets can caste hurricane unbelieveably quickly and lets you just destroy every enemy boat along your coastline. Another useful thing is sending a few prophets in after your first wave of attack with your main army, if you send in a army to destroy every university, temple and cit that you see, no only are your ruining their economy, your setting yourself up to send in a group of prophets and priests to take out near enough their whole base and convert any resistance. I really don't get why some people don't use it when its allowed, i find it to be priceless in my strats, then again im a noob so lol...

White Fang

Post by White Fang »

i once tried priest army on comp o_o too much micromanagement for my noob skills
"TŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ ҜąžŤєř җ: fang's the most sexy offer"

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

if priests could auto convert they would b fucking awesome!

Trichome Indica
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: ΤŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ Į ŊĎįċą җ

Post by Trichome Indica »

Image I like it !
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Return to “EE General Discussion”