Cold War [scenario idea]

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Nevar
Forum Noob

Cold War [scenario idea]

Post by Nevar »

I have an idea for a multiplayer scenario (actually, I thought of this a long time ago): two teams of players (1 v 1, 2 v 2, or 3 v 3) are located on two islands, seperated by a big ocean. Everyone is in the modern age. All the players start with, and can build, nuclear missile bases (the ones from the editor; they cost 2000 wood), but they can't really attack the enemy openly, as in send an army by sea. The idea is that you must send spies (preferably make it a sniper that cannot shoot, so they will be harder to detect... or just use that spy unit from the editor) to the enemy base, locate their buildings, and then destroy them using your nukes. Of course, at the same time you'll need to watch out for any spies walking around YOUR base. Let someone else fill out the details of how to transport the spies to the other island, while making an open invasion impossible; I'm not making this scen, anyway...

I find this idea so obvious, I can't beLIEve a scenario like this hasn't been made before...

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Re: Cold War [scenario idea]

Post by PeLlE »

So you got an idea and you'd like tos ee that scen but you arent willing to do anything for it? Great attitude lol

Anyways it sounds pretty boring to me
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

Nevar
Forum Noob

Post by Nevar »

PeLlE wrote:So you got an idea and you'd like tos ee that scen but you arent willing to do anything for it? Great attitude lol
Well, it's because I'm not good at making scens. But I just couldn't let this idea go... It may turn out boring, but come on! The idea itself is brilliant!

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

So its a scen to build the most nuclear missiles and fall into economic depression the fastest?
Sounds dumb.
Just play battle of the bulge by Penguini__
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

Pinky
Intermediate Member

Post by Pinky »

LOL if thats what it actually was, Id play it.
When Corinth and Sparta both attacked Athens, im pretty sure Athens did not call them "Doubling Noobs"

X warrior411
Nemesis
Lobby Username: X Warrior411

Post by X warrior411 »

I could make it, but it sounds like it would be a waste of my talents.

Also using Triggers isn't very hard, In-fact, I've taught myself with experimenting with the different functions when I was bored of playing EE in the old lobby.

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

X warrior411 wrote:I could make it, but it sounds like it would be a waste of my talents.
^ Cocky

Pinky
Intermediate Member

Post by Pinky »

Its not cocky if you can back it up which I'm sure he could. The idea really isn't that complex
When Corinth and Sparta both attacked Athens, im pretty sure Athens did not call them "Doubling Noobs"

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

lol.
victory condition player 1 has 30,000 nukes
" " has iron/gold<700

done

X warrior411
Nemesis

Post by X warrior411 »

I'm half-tempted to make the scen, however if I do, it's going to be very different (so it doesn't fail)
(e.g. only thing that'll be related to nukes is the cutscene for the winning team)

I think I'll have it so it'll be 2v2v2, with 3 bases for each person, the goal is to destroy everyone's missile base, and save your own (you don't control it, so no nuking), by sending spies to collect intel on the base's workings, to find weaknesses, ect. when your spy is inside an opponent's base for a long time, till the icon count in the spy reaches 100 (I'm using iron as a placeholder, I might be able to use power as a counter, which would kick ass), when it does, your troops will be deployed to kill everyone inside, and destroy the missile base by planting charges on it, causing it to explode and wipe the base (When your base has been spied on long enough, your base is screwed, when all three of them fall, you lose).
You win by being the last man standing.

Also when your armies are attacking the base, they're not actually yours, but units owned to a computer, driven with triggers to make them behave in a predetermined way, this has the advantage of the attacking not needing to do anything and he can watch the action, as well as stop any cheating by sending your uber units to the other islands.

Basicly, it's send spies to rival bases, hide, pray you don't get discovered, invade, repeat.

Now for defending your base...

You have limited units, but they will serve you well, and your Guard Towers will not only have a good LOS, they automatically alert you of any spies spoted (so stay away from them), you also have a Spy Hunter, who you should have paroling everywhere, so if you, the spy, see him, get away from him...

There will be at least 3 ways to enter someone's base, and leave someone's, A good strategy would be to spy there, and if you get spotted, leave and wait for awhile, then come back, or better yet, hit a different island, as some of them are linked...

You also get a limited amount of spies.

My version sounds more fun, at least, to me...

Permission to make the scen, Nevar?

CusTomm
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: CusTomm

Post by CusTomm »

Permission do this scen ??? Man he got no patent on it lol

Scens are all boring , i never played an existing scen , the problem in scens is that it is allways the same strat and all the games gonna go the same way. I mean Gren is most time not that interessting , but at leats the micro of bigger armys is hard and the game speed itself.

I mean in C&T tell me what is exiting on this scen ? Or maybe Tower defens , it is just rofl

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

X Warrior, no.
You dont know anything about the cold war, LOL.
The cold war was called the cold war because there was no fighting.
It was an arms race, and a spacerace.
Russia got 33,000 nuclear warheads before going into the shitter in 1989..
the US had around 20,000.
To make a scen with actual action would be retarded, especially if you called it the cold war.

X warrior411
Nemesis

Post by X warrior411 »

peow130 wrote:X Warrior, no.
You dont know anything about the cold war, LOL.
The cold war was called the cold war because there was no fighting.
It was an arms race, and a spacerace.
Russia got 33,000 nuclear warheads before going into the shitter in 1989..
the US had around 20,000.
To make a scen with actual action would be retarded, especially if you called it the cold war.
X warrior411 wrote:I'm half-tempted to make the scen, however if I do, it's going to be very different (so it doesn't fail)
Did I say I was going to do it at the time of the cold war?

And no, I don't.

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

IDC what you said. The cold war wasnt a war, so dont call a scen the cold war, then have a bunch of fighting..

Return to “EE General Discussion”