My opinion of the people who can give good games

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: My opinion of the people who can give good games

Post by Arntzen »

YO DAN! What's up?
Well, what do you consider "yesterday"?
AOD_Kass will never stop playing (and lagging) :D
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

dan
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: dan

Post by dan »

Long time Kaz!

By yesterday I mean 2008 - 2013, Also its fantastic to log in and see over 30 people online. If you have any knowledge of video settings (potentially relating to the graphic card) then could you please assist?
Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Ye I know a little, but be specific what exactly is the problem? Probably easiest if you login to the lobby.
Then I think I fall under that category. I'll give the list a try.

So to be clear, these are players who gave me good games in liga 1vs1. The order is random, but I will make different tiers to give a fairly clear view on how highly I rate them. Rating is done based on their best games. Also I'm adding a * to the end of the players I think have had their best game in NeoEE, so if you're an old player reading this who haven't played in a while wondering who it is, or why one player is in a higher tier even though he used to lose to someone in a lower tier, then it's because the player has improved.
Of course this is based on my own experience and is highly biased.

Top Tier
  • eC Samuel | Tapion *
  • eC KrasS *
Second Tier
  • ViE ras
  • Ts BONES | ProActive | GoodGame
  • eC KirAc *
  • eC Gurke *
  • eC DavE | WitchKing *
  • eC Wolvy | Ts Apollon *
  • iB Splinter *
Third Tier
  • eC Daniel | Ws Lynx
  • Ts SKULLS
  • Heros Pope of Dope *
  • Phobia | zeke | ben55 | [-Ts-] rhythm
  • eC Nafrayu *
  • Lightnessking *
  • Ts Tricky *
  • Ts Anarchy *
Fourth Tier
  • eC Tano *
  • eC Shev *
  • -NeW-
  • eC HelioS
  • Ws Nem
  • Lavanger | ben45
  • eC Buddha
  • Ts Slipknot
  • eC ExiT | AOE Fire *
  • Black Cobra
  • Cust0mm | Ts VelociTy *
  • eC MysT
  • Pro Biffy
  • Gravedigger
  • Ts Colombiano

dan
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: dan

Post by dan »

That's great! and as id expect.

Id put Dave just below Krass and Samuel.

Its good to see you're still here also, lets hope i can get back into it and have a few more good games.
Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit.

_DavE_
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: _[eC]_DavE_

Post by _DavE_ »

I'm flattered Dan, thanks Lol.

However, I'm miles away from Sam/Krass' level in liga lol

joey
Basic Member
Lobby Username: joey

Post by joey »

ConquerorX wrote:You all forgot a ton of influential and Amazing players. Also- You all believe that half of these people you claimed to have played with are the original ones guys?... .I'm sorry but wolvy...and Epic (you mean wes right?) were any good when SiA_InSane and Elfanor and Flimzam and SRW_Marvelous sCa^Diciple aka _pure_bob ,XXXWudXXX, ME_Lion, Advent...were playing in 2003-5? Wrong. Just thought I would toss my two cents into this old and absurd thread. Also on the topic of ras? ras Has been and always will be one of the best. After 13 years though you think him or any pros really play to be pro anymore? HAH! Read some old boards or interviews with these guys. The pros of the new EE lobby and the old revived EE are horrendous. I was nothing compared to them in 2002, and I left EE 7 years ago, came back on here with a laptop and shit mouse and within 3 days beat half of you. That is all :)
well put amigo. these new schoolbies are clueless to what skill was/is and like ppl care to be good at this dead game anymore. majority of us play for fun :roll: i mean kazter couldnt even breach bronze in league, a worldwide competitive game :roll: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: guess it's just too much for him :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

joey
Basic Member

Post by joey »

dan wrote:Kazter every time you write something I find it Funny, you always write so much and after reading it I think to myself "whats his point" everything you said there was a load of CRAP you shouldn't have bothered writing it. Although there was one point that I found interesting, you mentioned something about respect while mentioning the word "I" a whole lot. Ill make this as concise as possible, firstly I couldn't care less if i had your respect or not because you are nobody at the end of the day. Nothing you have done / will do has benefited me what so ever. Secondly you talk as though you are some kind of "high skilled/respected player" Kazter you need to understand no one cares about what you think lol. You said before that you use names because you get quadrupled? Why would anyone plan to quadruple you when it takes one person to beat you lol. I find it quite funny that you see yourself as some EE legend when you are not. In my eyes you are just some guys who has copied strats from people and made a load of videos to make people think they are your own "when really they are samuels" I do not respect you because of the way you have spoken to me in this topic, before this i didnt say anything personal directly towards you yet you wish to constantly directly insult me. kazter i don't write topics for YOU to read i write them for the people who can see the positive in what im saying. The difference between you and nemo is that you are no one who I dont respect and has doen nothing to deserve any ( and i can say that 90% of the community will agree with me ) But nemo has done a lot even though he wishes to flame me too I still respect him even if he does hate me. I wont say nothing more about this.

Thank you :)
:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Most of what I've said on this forum I either partly or completely disagree with today. In hindsight I never should have based my opinion of who is best on reputation, or what people told me. I did it because I was genuinely curious about the topic of who's “the best ever” and thought I could come to some clear conclusion. I think a far better approach is to go solely on what I've seen myself, which is what you see in the list I made two days ago. Also that list is only Liga 1vs1, a very important, but small part of EE.

I read through it all again (I had completely forgotten that dan post, and where it came from), and found that even though most people were talking past each other. For example x talking about all sets 1v1 and team game EEC/AOC, and y talking about one setting 1v1. Pretty much everyone somewhat changed their mind, which means there were at least some good points made. I know I've learned a lot. Not to mention it's interesting to see what others think, even though you might have a completely different opinion.
Also in hindsight I should have stayed away from completely unnecessary personal attacks. Tricky was absolutely right (and he wasn't just talking about me):
[-Ts-] Tricky wrote:To be fair i think you all bitching at each other for pointless reasons gg no re
Though on the other hand I have to admit I've gotten a lot of enjoyment from shutting down so called “old school experts” over the years who claim to know “what skill really is”, but falls so easily. Even in settings I never really played, or cared to practice at. Especially with the players who can't man up and admit it when they are being outplayed. You shouldn't take it so personal Joey, it was merely a coincidence that I bothered playing “ALPHA_OMEGA” and “PsY_ysppi”. Only did it 'cause I was told ALPHA had said something along the lines of “all eC are trash and I can beat them with one hand” or whatever. Which peaked my interest. The fact that it all ended with you thinking the only way to save face is to never 1vs1 me in mod tl again, while desperately going for random insults and making up stuff like “couldn't breach bronze in LoL” really puts a smile on my face. FYI I never played a single ranked LoL game in my life.

I've said it before, and most people who care a little bit about this topic already knows this, but the idea that some are “playing for fun” and others aren't is ridiculous. It's a game. We all play it for fun and nobody, not even rok almighty joey, got a monopoly on what “fun” means. Some like city builder, some compstomp, some enjoy a relaxed “p2n average”-game while others enjoy good 1v1s.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

dan wrote: Id put Dave just below Krass and Samuel.
I see. Dave is definitely closer to "Top Tier" than some of the others that I put in "Second", for example kirac and wolvy. So I basically think we agree. Where would you put Goldeneye? Top or Second?

Samuel
Lobby Username: _[eC]_SamueL_

Post by Samuel »

Out of all the oldschool players that have come back during the years .... the only one that's been able to come back whilst still being amongst the very best is Goldeneye.
I can't really remember any other.

As for the hype around [RoK]_EpIc_ aka TrueSoldier .... I'll say one thing. He is one of the most overrated players to ever play this game.
And if you don't believe me ... just know I share this view with ras.
I was never impressed with his skills, so it was really no surprise to hear ras as well believed he was nothing more than a trashtalker.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Did you forget BONES?

Samuel
Lobby Username: _[eC]_SamueL_

Post by Samuel »

well yeah, he was a very good player! I like it when people are up for competition and try to back up their words with actual skill :)

joey
Basic Member

Post by joey »

Arntzen wrote:Most of what I've said on this forum I either partly or completely disagree with today. In hindsight I never should have based my opinion of who is best on reputation, or what people told me. I did it because I was genuinely curious about the topic of who's “the best ever” and thought I could come to some clear conclusion. I think a far better approach is to go solely on what I've seen myself, which is what you see in the list I made two days ago. Also that list is only Liga 1vs1, a very important, but small part of EE.

I read through it all again (I had completely forgotten that dan post, and where it came from), and found that even though most people were talking past each other. For example x talking about all sets 1v1 and team game EEC/AOC, and y talking about one setting 1v1. Pretty much everyone somewhat changed their mind, which means there were at least some good points made. I know I've learned a lot. Not to mention it's interesting to see what others think, even though you might have a completely different opinion.
Also in hindsight I should have stayed away from completely unnecessary personal attacks. Tricky was absolutely right (and he wasn't just talking about me):
[-Ts-] Tricky wrote:To be fair i think you all bitching at each other for pointless reasons gg no re

Though on the other hand I have to admit I've gotten a lot of enjoyment from shutting down so called “old school experts” over the years who claim to know “what skill really is”, but falls so easily. Even in settings I never really played, or cared to practice at. Especially with the players who can't man up and admit it when they are being outplayed. You shouldn't take it so personal Joey, it was merely a coincidence that I bothered playing “ALPHA_OMEGA” and “PsY_ysppi”. Only did it 'cause I was told ALPHA had said something along the lines of “all eC are trash and I can beat them with one hand” or whatever. Which peaked my interest. The fact that it all ended with you thinking the only way to save face is to never 1vs1 me in mod tl again, while desperately going for random insults and making up stuff like “couldn't breach bronze in LoL” really puts a smile on my face. FYI I never played a single ranked LoL game in my life.

I've said it before, and most people who care a little bit about this topic already knows this, but the idea that some are “playing for fun” and others aren't is ridiculous. It's a game. We all play it for fun and nobody, not even rok almighty joey, got a monopoly on what “fun” means. Some like city builder, some compstomp, some enjoy a relaxed “p2n average”-game while others enjoy good 1v1s.
dan wrote:Kazter every time you write something I find it Funny, you always write so much and after reading it I think to myself "whats his point" everything you said there was a load of CRAP you shouldn't have bothered writing it. Although there was one point that I found interesting, you mentioned something about respect while mentioning the word "I" a whole lot. Ill make this as concise as possible, firstly I couldn't care less if i had your respect or not because you are nobody at the end of the day. Nothing you have done / will do has benefited me what so ever. Secondly you talk as though you are some kind of "high skilled/respected player" Kazter you need to understand no one cares about what you think lol. You said before that you use names because you get quadrupled? Why would anyone plan to quadruple you when it takes one person to beat you lol. I find it quite funny that you see yourself as some EE legend when you are not. In my eyes you are just some guys who has copied strats from people and made a load of videos to make people think they are your own "when really they are samuels" I do not respect you because of the way you have spoken to me in this topic, before this i didnt say anything personal directly towards you yet you wish to constantly directly insult me. kazter i don't write topics for YOU to read i write them for the people who can see the positive in what im saying. The difference between you and nemo is that you are no one who I dont respect and has doen nothing to deserve any ( and i can say that 90% of the community will agree with me ) But nemo has done a lot even though he wishes to flame me too I still respect him even if he does hate me. I wont say nothing more about this.

Thank you :)
https://tenor.co/pTab.gif

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Arntzen wrote:Most of what I've said on this forum I either partly or completely disagree with today. In hindsight I never should have based my opinion of who is best on reputation, or what people told me. I did it because I was genuinely curious about the topic of who's “the best ever” and thought I could come to some clear conclusion. I think a far better approach is to go solely on what I've seen myself, which is what you see in the list I made two days ago. Also that list is only Liga 1vs1, a very important, but small part of EE.
oO I never was any good in liga, still cool I made it to the third tier :D . Question though, is there still some activity during the evening (european time) ? Because in two weeks I have time to play some games again ^^.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Oh and Joey, being bronze in league of legends on the NA server equals ~ gold on EUW :D. Scrub
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Return to “EE General Discussion”