Random Map Script pack for NeoEE

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Arntzen
Administrator
Posts: 1983
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:13 am
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_
Location: Norway

Random Map Script pack for NeoEE

Post by Arntzen »

Kazter RMS pack 1.0.zip
Unzip and copy to Empire Earth\Data\Random Map Scripts
(168.38 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
NOTE: In order for these maps to work online everyone in the game needs to have them installed. Simply download, unzip and paste the package into C:\Program Files (x86)\Neo Empire Earth\Empire Earth\Data\Random Map Scripts
NOTE2: Will contact Yukon to make them work in ranked games.



Package include:
Improved Original EE maps
- Neo Plains
- Neo Mediterranean
- Neo Continental
- Neo Large Islands
Special maps
- Drytinental (Continental map without water)
- Dryterranean (Mediterranean map without water)
- Large Oases (Large Islands map without water)
- Small Oases (Small Islands map without water)
Special plains maps
- Neo Savannah (Neo Plains with more hunt and starts with 2 houses)
- Neo DuPlains (Neo Plains with 2 starter Capitols)
- 1v1 Map Pool (random between Neo Plains, Neo Continental, Neo Savannah, Tunisia Oasis, Neo Continental, Neo DuPlains, Drytinental, Small Oases and Neo Plains)

In depth explanation of every map:
Neo Plains
1. Never winter climate (by popular demand)
Sometimes normal plains gets way too many hills. This is especially annoying in 1v1 and 4v4 Large. (Everest between the bases)
2. Always MaxIntElevation 4 (from 8 small and 12 !!! large)
Sometimes one player in 1v1 have terrible stone mine placement. So I added one more neutral stone to make it more consistent
3. Two Player Neutral Stone 2 (from 1)
In Tiny 1v1, mostly used for Grenwar, you sometimes have 2 iron versus 4, and to make it more fair I made it way more common to get 3 each
4. Tiny plains 2 player = 3 gold/iron per player 0 Neutral (from 2 gold/iron per player 2 neutral)

Neo Mediterranean
1. Never winter climate (by popular demand)
Medit is mostly used for P2N 3v3 and 4v4. Problems that arise often are one way maps, 2 chokes, 1 player on an island and one team can't place doc. In order to make these issues less common I've made these changes:
2. MaxIntElevation 4,6 (from 8, 15)
3. Percent land 72 (from 70)
4. Normal medit script gives 2 random herds per player and 2 neutral herds (neutral herd means somewhere on the map). However the script is not 100% reliable and you can sometimes end up with 0 hunt. What I decided to do was to change this to 1 random herd per player and 0 neutral herds and at the same time spawn 2 goats per player. This is more reliable.
Some data (sample size of 200): Normal Medit in 4v4 Large map: 72% chance of double hunt, 25.5% chance of 1 hunt and 2.5% chance of 0 hunt. Neo Medit in 4v4 Large map: 88.5% chance of double hunt, 11% chance of 1 hunt and 0.5% chance of only receiving 1 goat, this goat should still reproduce, but be careful.
5. 3 gold/iron per player and 2 neutral gold/iron (from 2 gold/iron per player and 10 neutral gold/iron)
Makes mines more fairly distributed and since the map is more open than normal Medit it helps you defend your mines. Time will tell if this map is harder to do spear in than the normal map.

Neo Continental
Continental is already so good that I've made very minor adjustments
1. Never winter climate (by popular demand)
2. Max Elevation 4 (down from 6)
3. Two Player neutral gold/iron 4 (up from 3)
1 more of each on the map to provide an even number
4. Four Player neutral gold/iron 6 (up from 5)
1 more of each on them map to provide an even number

Neo Large Islands
Only real issue here is the mines that spawn right next to the shore which make them easy targets for the enemy artillery. Often this turned P2N Island games into multiple re-matches until everyone was satisfied with their map. Hopefully we won't need any re-matches now.
1. Large map ResourceToWaterDistance changed to 6 (from 2)
2. For Small 1v1 I changed MaxIntElevation to 2 (from 8 ) for less annoying hills and ResourceToWaterDistance to 4 (from 2)

Special maps
These were made to give players more options on the maps they wish to play. I expect these can be fun alternatives in every setting that usually use Plains.

Drytinental
This map is the same as Neo Continental except there are no water. This makes you way more vulnerable since where the water was it is now open and allow easy entrance.
Dryterranean
Same as Neo Mediterranean except there is no water. In Small this is more defensive map, you have easy access to 3 gold/iron and spawn far away from your opponent. Personally I believe this could be a good in 3v3 4v4 games too.
Large Oases
Same as Large Islands map except there is no water. Small 1v1 2v2 there are no neutral "islands" so the only way to get more mines than what's around your base is to take them from the opposition. Other than your base the map will be very open and flat.
Small Oases
Same as Small Islands map except there is no water. 2 iron 2 gold in your base and the neutral mines will be very exposed. I believe this map will be a lot of fun in competitive games. Like with Small Islands you sometimes get 0 wood, so in order to fix this everyone gets 21 trees very close to their Capitol, these trees are also stacked in threes (pun definitely intended) so they only take the space of 7 tiles.
Neo Savannah
Same as Neo Plains except there are more hunt on the map and you start with 2 houses under your Capitol, defending and booming should be slightly easier on this one compared to normal Neo Plains.
Neo DuPlains
Same as Neo Plains except you have a Duplex of Capitols. You will start with 2 Capitols, and I expect a lot of new strategies from this map.

Last but not least my favourite:
1v1 Map Pool
This RMS will randomly pick between: Neo Plains (2/9 chance), Neo Continental (2/9), Neo Savannah (1/9) Tunisia Oasis (1/9), Neo DuPlains (1/9), Drytinental (1/9), Small Oases (1/9)
All of these maps should be fun to play in Liga especially but can be played in every setting. No island map here so normal strategies should work, but for optimal play one should adapt to the map.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

User avatar
Arntzen
Administrator
Posts: 1983
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:13 am
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_
Location: Norway

Re: Random Map Script pack for NeoEE

Post by Arntzen »

explorer_LfPmcALaRZ.png
After installation your folder should look like the picture above.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Post Reply

Return to “EE General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests