Just started playing EE again

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
renaissancer
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: renaissancer

Just started playing EE again

Post by renaissancer »

Hello! I just bought Empire Earth from GoG, and I am planning to play this great game again online with others. However, I am very noob at RTS.
I am installing NeoEE although I am aware that multiple Anti-virus and Anti-malware software mark it as a trojan. Can someone put my fears at rest and tell me how sure are you that NeoEE is safe?
I have used NeoEE years ago without any issues, but you can't just ignore the hopefully false-positive alerts AVs make.

renaissancer
Forum Noob

Re: Just started playing EE again

Post by renaissancer »

Edit: Holy dick NeoEE installed EE indigenously. I just wasted $5 on buying the game from GoG.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Did you recently download from NeoEE? As far as I know it was recently changed so that it shouldn't give anti-virus warning.
Part of the NeoEE patch gives the players a way to load EE with better resolution in the lobby (I believe the file is called Loader.exe) this file is not recognized by the anit-virus programs. Long time ago I believe we looked into getting recognized but from my memory it was very expensive to do so we decided against it.

Anyway we've had this anti-virus warning issue for a while and nobody has had an issue. Ultimately it's up to you. I would try to delete the NeoEE.msi file you already have and download again from https://neoee.net/
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

renaissancer
Forum Noob

Post by renaissancer »

Arntzen wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 4:39 am
Did you recently download from NeoEE? As far as I know it was recently changed so that it shouldn't give anti-virus warning.
Part of the NeoEE patch gives the players a way to load EE with better resolution in the lobby (I believe the file is called Loader.exe) this file is not recognized by the anit-virus programs. Long time ago I believe we looked into getting recognized but from my memory it was very expensive to do so we decided against it.

Anyway we've had this anti-virus warning issue for a while and nobody has had an issue. Ultimately it's up to you. I would try to delete the NeoEE.msi file you already have and download again from https://neoee.net/
I realized that the AV alert went away. Thank you! I downloaded NeoEE and it installed EE&AOC indigenously.
Can you tell me how to be good at this game? I am new and back when I played years ago anyone would beat me online.

renaissancer
Forum Noob

Post by renaissancer »

Arntzen wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 4:39 am

I also found out the new installer installs HD textures and adds keybinds to buildings.

I realized some things:
Units don't have keybinds in their build-images.
I don't know if it's hard to notice, but I can barely feel any difference after installing HD textures.

Return to “EE General Discussion”