Just started playing EE again

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
renaissancer
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: renaissancer

Just started playing EE again

Post by renaissancer »

Hello! I just bought Empire Earth from GoG, and I am planning to play this great game again online with others. However, I am very noob at RTS.
I am installing NeoEE although I am aware that multiple Anti-virus and Anti-malware software mark it as a trojan. Can someone put my fears at rest and tell me how sure are you that NeoEE is safe?
I have used NeoEE years ago without any issues, but you can't just ignore the hopefully false-positive alerts AVs make.

renaissancer
Forum Noob

Re: Just started playing EE again

Post by renaissancer »

Edit: Holy dick NeoEE installed EE indigenously. I just wasted $5 on buying the game from GoG.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Did you recently download from NeoEE? As far as I know it was recently changed so that it shouldn't give anti-virus warning.
Part of the NeoEE patch gives the players a way to load EE with better resolution in the lobby (I believe the file is called Loader.exe) this file is not recognized by the anit-virus programs. Long time ago I believe we looked into getting recognized but from my memory it was very expensive to do so we decided against it.

Anyway we've had this anti-virus warning issue for a while and nobody has had an issue. Ultimately it's up to you. I would try to delete the NeoEE.msi file you already have and download again from https://neoee.net/
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

renaissancer
Forum Noob

Post by renaissancer »

Arntzen wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 4:39 am
Did you recently download from NeoEE? As far as I know it was recently changed so that it shouldn't give anti-virus warning.
Part of the NeoEE patch gives the players a way to load EE with better resolution in the lobby (I believe the file is called Loader.exe) this file is not recognized by the anit-virus programs. Long time ago I believe we looked into getting recognized but from my memory it was very expensive to do so we decided against it.

Anyway we've had this anti-virus warning issue for a while and nobody has had an issue. Ultimately it's up to you. I would try to delete the NeoEE.msi file you already have and download again from https://neoee.net/
I realized that the AV alert went away. Thank you! I downloaded NeoEE and it installed EE&AOC indigenously.
Can you tell me how to be good at this game? I am new and back when I played years ago anyone would beat me online.

renaissancer
Forum Noob

Post by renaissancer »

Arntzen wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 4:39 am

I also found out the new installer installs HD textures and adds keybinds to buildings.

I realized some things:
Units don't have keybinds in their build-images.
I don't know if it's hard to notice, but I can barely feel any difference after installing HD textures.

brady logy
Lurker

Post by brady logy »

That's a great game to play, and I am also played the game. This game is very amazing.
Did you recently download from Neo EE? As far as I know, it was recently changed so that it shouldn't give antivirus warning.

rowsdower
Novice Member
Lobby Username: rowsdower

Post by rowsdower »

If you need help learning there are lots of videos online and you can probably ask people in the lobby to help train you. Always great to bring in more players to the community.

ArmageddonNY
Novice Member
Lobby Username: ArmageddonNY

Post by ArmageddonNY »

Hi, can someone help me, I installed neo-ee on windows 11, but at the end it says some error about cd-key but still finish install, then when I click on the EE to open the game, nothing happens

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

did you get sorted arma? if not go on the EE discord and speak to one of the support guys there, they know everything about every error

Return to “EE General Discussion”