wikipedia save-ee deleted

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
SlipKnoT
Nemesis

wikipedia save-ee deleted

Post by SlipKnoT »

why was the reference to save-ee removed?? also there is a entrance for hamachi, gameranger and gamespy so if no one here removed save-ee it was probably that guy from Gameranger or something. he removes hosting abailities on GR if u advertise save-ee. loser

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Re: wikipedia save-ee deleted

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

Replaced. I don't know if it's that clown from gameranger or not, but the person doing it goes by the name Thearmed1 on Wiki and has taken it upon himself to repeatedly delete the entry ever since I first added it. I just keep readding it. Bullshit about ONLY being able to play through LAN on gayranger and hamachi deleted.

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

10010 1111 10 wrote:Replaced. I don't know if it's that clown from gameranger or not, but the person doing it goes by the name Thearmed1 on Wiki and has taken it upon himself to repeatedly delete the entry ever since I first added it. I just keep readding it. Bullshit about ONLY being able to play through LAN on gayranger and hamachi deleted.
could be Deado or some other Banned Fag

PeLlE
Nemesis
Xfire: thepelie
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Pelie

Post by PeLlE »

I realy dislike this gameranger guy. Has 1000s of members and doesn't want 30 of them to go to save-ee even tho his client sucks for ee sicne they're using v1.0 ...
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here
eeralf: ======???????????
eeralf: dont undersstand say it in street language
dreamwalker: fam mans already said im not gwarning wid yo shit on dis ting

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

(cur) (prev) 15:16, 19 December 2009 Thearmed1 (talk | contribs) (25,936 bytes) (undo vandalism) (undo)

lol

PeLlE
Nemesis

Post by PeLlE »

lol @ vandalism..
dreamwalker: i already clearly stated for all the english people that i dont play here

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

The prick deleted it again, added his bullshit about gayspy again, and had the save-ee link banned. lol.
I redid it AGAIN. If anyone notices this asshat has done it again, which he no doubt will, open the word doc attached to this post and click the "edit this page" at the top of the wiki page and just copy/paste the entire contents of the word doc over the whole wiki page and save it. Also, does anyone know how to report this tool? If so please do. Oh here's the link to the wiki page by the way. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire_Earth
Attachments
Wiki Save-EE page - complete.docx
(21.05 KiB) Downloaded 306 times

10010 1111 10
Nemesis

Post by 10010 1111 10 »

You have been blocked for a period of 48 hours from editing Wikipedia for continuing to add spam links. If you wish to make useful contributions, you are welcome to come back after the block expires. Persistent spammers will have their websites blacklisted from Wikipedia. OhNoitsJamie Talk 20:58, 19 December 2009 (UTC)
LOL

The twelve year old over their are actually monitoring THIS thread and crying about it.

PeLlE
Nemesis

Post by PeLlE »

lol what a clown. Maybe we shud start deleting his links instead of adding ours cause then people will probly just google EMpire Earth and guess what they'll find? Save-ee and not the other shit

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

Some observations:

1) If Save-EE is not a valid source for the lobby being a method to play Empire Earth, then how is the link they have to Game Ranger? The only source they have for game ranger is http://www.gameranger.com/games/ and that just lists Empire Earth in a list. It doesn't even state you can play it online through Game Ranger, so I don't see how that page can be a source for that claim.

2) According to Wikipedia's own Verifiability policy, specifically http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... themselves
Self-published and questionable sources as sources on themselves

Self-published or questionable sources may be used as sources of information about themselves, especially in articles about themselves, without the requirement that they be published experts in the field, so long as:
  • 1. the material is not unduly self-serving;
    2. it does not involve claims about third parties;
    3. it does not involve claims about events not directly related to the subject;
    4. there is no reasonable doubt as to its authenticity;
    5. the article is not based primarily on such sources.
As best as I can tell, this website would be a self-published source. So, does the fact that the lobby supports Empire Earth fit these guidelines?

1. Although our system gains players, we have no real tangible benefit from this claim if it were false, and the only benefit received is just people using it which we gain nothing at all off of except for more games. Additionally, GameRanger would have the same benefit(s), more if there are ads or some other method for profit involved in the GameRanger system (haven't used it, so no idea).
2. It doesn't involve any claims about third parties. It involves a claim about our lobby client.
3. Don't think this one would apply either.
4. AFAIK, no one doubts you can play using the lobby client, and since it's free and takes less than a minute to download and get on it, anyone with doubts could easily log in and see for themselves that Empire Earth games can be played using the system (even if they don't have EE, they can see games being hosted and players joining, and that there are games in progress).
5. Obviously any mention of us along with GameRanger and Gamespy would not cause the article to be based mostly on such sources.

Based on this, it may be worthwhile instead of edit-wars, to simply open a discussion on the talk page of why certain things regarding regarding multiplayer options after server shutdown are included, but other options are not included, despite both seemingly have the same type and quality of source as per one of the three core content policies on Wikipedia (the verifiability policy).

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

So, some ass clown is deleting our link to save-ee?

I vote we do what omega just said.
This is bull, we're the only lobby that is solely for EE, and play on the better Direct Connect system..
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

also the amount of blatant cheating goin on on gameranger is ridiculous, ive even spoke to them about it and they do nothing. stupid pricks.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Guys, the owner of Gameranger doesn't have anything to do with this. Omega already pointed out it's some guy called "Thearmed1" that trolls the page and constantly removes any reference of it. He had one person banned for readding it, then once I had to readd it. He thought I was the same guy and tried to get my IP banned despite being in completely different IP ranges and doing it at a completely different time LOL.

I had a talk with him and he "informed" me of Wikipedia's policy on sources, to which I slapped him in the face with a counter-argument that he couldn't refuse. He's just a complete tool that absolutely despises this website and what we try to accomplish.
PeLlE wrote:I realy dislike this gameranger guy. Has 1000s of members and doesn't want 30 of them to go to save-ee even tho his client sucks for ee sicne they're using v1.0 ...
That "Gameranger Guy" is the owner and creator of the software. He really doesn't mind what players decide to do; he's simply offering a service. He just doesn't want people advertising this site or others on his software. We have the same policy, don't be so hypocritical.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

White Fang

Post by White Fang »

O_0 1000's of players? hope u dont mean ee players cause i think they only have around 50 total ._.

edit: o.o not including slippy and tommy and maybe some other save-ee players that get curious and try playing over there
"TŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ ҜąžŤєř җ: fang's the most sexy offer"

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

White Fang wrote:O_0 1000's of players? hope u dont mean ee players cause i think they only have around 50 total ._.

edit: o.o not including slippy and tommy and maybe some other save-ee players that get curious and try playing over there
50 total all day, we have alot more.
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

Return to “EE General Discussion”