EEC difference with AoC?

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
White Fang

EEC difference with AoC?

Post by White Fang »

ok i finally got EE to work and the only difference I see is no specials o.O and all those arguements over EEC players being better than AoC players feels kinda iffy cause :P what if some AoC players dont use specials does that mean they r also good EEc players O_O?
"TŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ ҜąžŤєř җ: fang's the most sexy offer"

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Re: EEC difference with AoC?

Post by SlipKnoT »

no your skills do.

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

People say that EEC Players are better because they can pull off booms of equivalent size as an AOC player with expansionism.

Expansionism is a really useful special power, in case you didn't know.

Though, like slipknot said, it has alot to do with skill. You can get your skills up really quickly playing EEC games, due to the fact you won't be using any special civ bonuses.
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

What Peow said is true to a certain extent. Anyone who can boom good without expansionism can pull of the boom of an average AoC player who is using expansionism. To then give an EE player expansionism makes his boom even better.

Because there is no expansionism, you end up having better management of your economy. There's also a bit more emphasis on rushing in EE. On AoC TL for example, if you put forth that extra effort to get early units, it may go to waste because someone of above average skill doing a normal start can just throw up 4 houses and counter, and also have the better economy. EE TL on the other hand, being one or two units ahead of your enemy can make or break the game.

So, sure I guess you could make the analysis that the only difference is the civ powers, but just because a certain AoC player doesn't use powers won't mean he can hold his own on EE if he's never played it. On there, his opponents are also not using those powers, EVER.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

peow130
Noob @ Everything

Post by peow130 »

Also, EEC plays smoother, ALOT smoother.
I get way better FPS in that then i do in aoc.
SlipKnoT wrote:swords are 30 u idiot.

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

one thing i agree on with u. i never cud configure my aoc like EE. the side scrolling is very different..

Ghost
Administrator

Post by Ghost »

Yeah, AoC side scrolling blows because it accelerates. It's impossible to make them the same.

ben55

Post by ben55 »

Wow we have totally different point of views on average player. I don't think any average player in TL would be out boomed by non expansionism at least the people that come to my mind that are average.

I kind of disagree with "Give an EE player Expansionism his boom becomes better" maybe I don't understand you, but are you saying better than his own with non expansionism, or better than the AOC player using Expansionism. If it is the second I disagree with you

edit; yeah aoc mouse settings are trash
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

i think eec is a lot easier than aoc mainly because of maps that are played

aoc players mainly boom with animals and forage where eec gets to mass fish and the maps they play also give more animals
most also cant handle attacks coming from all dif directions
and because they choose to boom so much its amazing how hardly any of them know what a counter unit is (see grenwars as an example lol)

i found no problems playing eec after not playing it for 5 years because i mainly played aoc, but i also verry rarely use special powers and can outboom most using a stripped civ

Ghost
Administrator

Post by Ghost »

ben55 wrote:I kind of disagree with "Give an EE player Expansionism his boom becomes better" maybe I don't understand you, but are you saying better than his own with non expansionism, or better than the AOC player using Expansionism. If it is the second I disagree with you
I was indeed speaking of the former. Generally, a decent AoC player who uses expansionism will boom better than someone who has never used it before.
Sexacutioner wrote:i think eec is a lot easier than aoc mainly because of maps that are played

aoc players mainly boom with animals and forage where eec gets to mass fish and the maps they play also give more animals
most also cant handle attacks coming from all dif directions
and because they choose to boom so much its amazing how hardly any of them know what a counter unit is (see grenwars as an example lol)
That's just complete bias against Mediterranean and Continental maps and you're only speaking in terms of Pre2, not all setts (well duh, you never play anything else). Those have always been the maps traditionally used for P2N, and why AoC Pre players decided to move to Plains was your own fate. You make it sound like having more food on the map is a bad thing. Plains does not generate a reliable amount of food, so there's an obvious reason why it's not common for P2N.

As for posing that on Plains you can be attacked from more directions, that's not entirely true. I just allows you to cut across the center, whereas if you wanted to do that on Mediterranean you would have to make transports (which is when things get really interesting). Also in late games if things are close to a stalemate, it can be very important to control the water. Cruisers are useful against bomber raids and trident subs are powerful tools. Even a few other boats can be useful to take out/then prevent them from building docks, and then you can land cits and start pushing from the other side of the water.

You're also proposing that they can't counter because they boom too much. That makes no sense whatsoever because for one, the people that play Grenwars are retarded and shouldn't count and two, they don't even know how to boom. Then to bring it over to the Pre2 aspect, the units made in P2N and P2S are no different. I rarely ever see anyone make units outside of infantry or artillery until planes and tanks are available. I actually see more variety on EE because I've actually seen barbarians, cavalry, and even archers before on there. A handful of P2N players also have liga experience, so to say they don't know the counters is foolish.

Baron
Basic Member

Post by Baron »

i played aoc and eec, in the last week maybe 50% each

it is possible to get the same scrolling speed, i change from aoc to eec in 3 secs and dont feel any difference (it took some hours to get there lol)
in my opinion eec is much more skillfull then aoc. i felt bored in aoc, thats why im playing eec
the variety of the units used to fight during all ages is the same, i saw nearly all units, more or less effective in both games
(ghost, archers suck lol)

the old question wether plains or med..it will never end
p2s is my set therefore i like plains better
but theres one fact
aoc guys can handle conti, but eec guys cant handle plains...hehe :P
i will start hosting plains on eec, cause p2s is in european timezone dead
p2s is dying!
poor, but fact

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

i use all units and always have, barbs are easy to get away with on eec because there isnt a power that forces people to close off completely, then if they didnt learn after that i will usually mass up some partisans and walk them in (usually only if they have ishtar otherwise i let seige do all the work)

as far as boats on the water i usually always have a prophit or 2 for them ( not that i need it usually due to lack of ships ever used )

i havent realy played mod on eec in around 7 years but as i remember it was the same exact strats as aoc, just a little slower due to expan and no tc spam

liga ill only play on eec and usually only when atma hosts it but i do play krass sometimes, been a few months though

mid, indy and grens i still play prob once or twice a week on aoc and eec

most of the mid, indy and mod players that play eec never even tried aoc but if they did they would probably have a slightly better boom than aoc players once they got a hang of expansion, but when the pre players come to aoc they get slaughtered and some of them have been playing aoc for a few years, aoc pre players that do nothing but use special powers all the time are worthless on eec because they have absolutely no idea how too boom without expan

everyone ive ever trained has no problem switching from one to the other due to the fact i wont train peolpe with special powers, i always train using stripped civs, once they learn a stripped civ all the other ones are easy

ive tried playing aoc mid,mod,indy on wing with a stripped civ and its just to hard to keep up with a wing using expan if they are a good player but in pocket, if you work in doubles a lot then a stripped civ works better i think due to a better eco civ you can make or more upgrades on dif types of military

well im realy sick and i kind of forgot what i was doing here so ill talk more later lol

Ghost
Administrator

Post by Ghost »

Baron wrote:(ghost, archers suck lol)
duh, just saying i've seen them

White Fang

Post by White Fang »

but when the pre players come to aoc they get slaughtered and some of them have been playing aoc for a few years
ima have to say that might happen to some mid eec players considering they might not wall off for pathfinding or lol crusader rush ._.!
"TŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ ҜąžŤєř җ: fang's the most sexy offer"

Sexacutioner
Nemesis

Post by Sexacutioner »

well the dif there is eec mid players dont realy sit at their base for 20 min building army up they actually all rush and rush hard, the way most mid players play today is just weak as hell

Return to “EE General Discussion”