EEC difference with AoC?

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
White Fang

Re: EEC difference with AoC?

Post by White Fang »

hey now have u played any mid games today >.<?

edit: sometimes i find myself rushed hard ._.
"TŖĪÇĦŐΜĔҗ ҜąžŤєř җ: fang's the most sexy offer"

X warrior411
Nemesis
Lobby Username: X Warrior411

Post by X warrior411 »

White Fang wrote:hey now have u played any mid games today >.<?

edit: sometimes i find myself rushed hard ._.
Sexacutioner wrote:well the dif there is eec mid players dont realy sit at their base for 20 min building army up they actually all rush and rush hard, the way most mid players play today is just weak as hell
Rush sucks...a lot...

Only reason I never play mid with human players -,-

Omega
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ωmega

Post by Omega »

X warrior411 wrote:Rush sucks...a lot...
Why does rush suck, exactly?

X warrior411
Nemesis

Post by X warrior411 »

Omega wrote:
X warrior411 wrote:Rush sucks...a lot...
Why does rush suck, exactly?
Because I suck at countering it, and it makes me lose in five minutes.

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

doesnt that mean that u suck and rush owns???

White Fang

Post by White Fang »

http://save-ee.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=890

did u let wasted train u x O_o?

Moo
Spam4food

Post by Moo »

SlipKnoT wrote:doesnt that mean that u suck and rush owns???
No it means most games will just be Rushfests Cmon wtf do you do when your towers cant hit 3 swords men with a lot of spped killing your cits?

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Make something else to kill them?
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

X warrior411
Nemesis

Post by X warrior411 »

White Fang wrote:http://save-ee.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=890

did u let wasted train u x O_o?
No I never got training...

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

Sexacutioner wrote:well the dif there is eec mid players dont realy sit at their base for 20 min building army up they actually all rush and rush hard, the way most mid players play today is just weak as hell
for the amount of mid u actually play sexa, im surprised u actually commented on it as u wouldn't have the slightest clue.
for mid i think its really quite even but if i had to choose i would personally side with the eec being stronger as i find a heavily massed civ(sword ca sluts) can slow an expans down to that of his own and control the game by being incredibly aggressive, since they focus on this and only this, is y id have to say eec > aoc in midsh anyhow

«{Co}» Death
Novice Member

Post by «{Co}» Death »

this arguement is basically completly idiodic. Most of you dont even play both eec and aoc together. To ghost, aoc in pre games is more about army then eec is by far. In eec most games hit 30 f11 with both sides of a medit map being closed off(not always the case but it happens alot). In eec, players hit copper at like 40 f11(yes i kno fish help alot but not that much). In aoc, most players dont even think about copper until 45-50 f11. There are way more attacks and more constant fighting in aoc. However, i do agree that certain aspects of both games involve more skill. Booming, however, is not very skill based. omg mass cits on wood, omg make many farms and populate them...omg pop my caps to 50/50....omg go ww and bomb the enemy. Neither eec or aoc players are better. the thing is tho aoc players are more adaptive because most can deal without having special powers( i kno this from experience as many aoc players used to use civs with little to no special powers in them at some point). When u put most of the eec players in a game that has special powers they noob it hard(not always but most of the time). As stated they are different games and generic skill determines player level in both games.

Remeber exp is not the only special power. In mid sh yes it is helpful but not necessary. I never use it in mid(unless im 4v4 pocket). in smaller sided games exp is generally weaker just because of slower eco and army in the first few minutes. In mod tl, however, i doubt you could even touch a aoc mod tl without exp as it is a huge advantage there.

Ghost
Administrator

Post by Ghost »

Of course Mod TL is different.. in EE it's a rush-boom (or rush-gameover). In AoC it's the opposite: boom-rush. That's only possible because of expansionism. Rushing from the get-go is non-existent because it simply isn't effective.

ben55

Post by ben55 »

in aoc tl, you can 1 tc forward around 3-4f11, not as fast as a true eec rush, but it is a viable strat that is how i played wing for about a year. and in 1v1 you can do a true forward around 5f11 infantry, with eco at home. Those two strats aren't exactly 2:30-3min infantry like in eec, but still they are fairly quick and very good at putting pressure. Forwarding is the best strat in 1v1(mod tl) because of wood cutting + inf btd + siege range, you sacrifice nothing since if it does fail you still have siege range.

EEC tl has a lot less room for error, like you said you mess up on your micro lose two units could be game-over.

As for the pre part. EEC pre is much easier one player can win the game. I lose far less EEC pres than AOC pres simply because if one person on the team is slacking the other three pay for it. If you have a weak link on EEC you can just block most of the time.
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

White Fang

Post by White Fang »

ben55 wrote: As for the pre part. EEC pre is much easier one player can win the game. I lose far less EEC pres than AOC pres simply because if one person on the team is slacking the other three pay for it. If you have a weak link on EEC you can just block most of the time.
whats to stop u from blocking on AOC :| ?

Ghost
Administrator

Post by Ghost »

The map doesn't allow for it on AoC even if you get to the point where it's strategy you would think about doing.

On EE, you have to go around in a circle because it's Medit. If your other side loses, the enemy over that has to go around and mow through 2 or 3 other bases before he gets to you. If you're good enough you can be killing your side faster or out-booming everyone until you get planes. Once you get bombers, you can help you can push on your side with land units and just bomb any pressure the other side gives you. You can still do it before you have planes, provided you have a solid advantage (i.e. your siege out-ranges theirs, guns).

Return to “EE General Discussion”