Grens

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Captain Nemo
Global Moderator
Lobby Username: >Heros<=Captain Nemo*

Re: Grens

Post by Captain Nemo »

He didn't zook in those days (actually he never really did it much, always mixing all kind of units, but yes marine/zook in beginning in late days). I remember my first game against him cause I thought NOBODY could ever be as good as blackswarm lol (before him it was zealot, and before him surfer). But he would often expand with leopard sniper a bunch of halftracks if u had air and of course siege. Some mortars too and a few AT but leopard and sniper mostly with siege. If he beat u with a base expand start the list of people should be pretty short ;)

I remember thinking that was twisted bum I played there, but turned out to be someone else (now known as energy). Hmm could also have been someone else, even better according to energy. Can't exactly remember his name but energy said it was the best he ever played (so must be up there with bum).
bosshaft: "A warm pussy is so much better than a dick! Trust me."

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Might have been Hurricane
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

hurricane isn't nearly good enough to beat epic imo.

EpIc
Basic Member
Lobby Username: [RoK]_EpIc_

Post by EpIc »

Ya those guys were very very good. Bum KaI and them trained me so I never even learned zook arty wasnt in their vocabulary lol. DM imo was prob the funnest 4v4 sett to play(modern DM anyways). Playing BS is like hitting a brick wall you keep hitting him hitting him but can never finish him then he comes back and kicks you in the ass lol.

Ghost
Administrator

Post by Ghost »

IDK Wes you're so full of shit and there's a lot of great players that use a base hug strategy. It's probably impossible to figure out who this guy was that beat you.

On a different note I will agree though that Blackswarm was one of the best, if not the best Mod DM player. I remember talking to him about how he micros and he just does it so instinctively that he's not really sure. He said something about spamming comma (,) and I've tried incorporating it more but it's just so much different from my play style since I use a lot of control groups. He uses just about every unit, but he's more of an M1 guy and not a Leopard guy like Energy is so I wouldn't say that he's that unknown guy you're trying to think of Nemo. I recall Kai and Bum preferring AT over tanks, but they could have easily done what you described. I still doubt it was either of them.

EpIc
Basic Member

Post by EpIc »

0.o... Most likely it was Bum. Which is why KaI wouldnt tell me because they were best friends/still are in real life. Nah nemo lots players >me in DM i just get lucky :)

c1s
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: c1s

Post by c1s »

Sry for kicking ur ass Epic 8) I promised never to smurf again!

EpIc
Basic Member

Post by EpIc »

lol your evil you :) love yah still. How yah been pimp well just hit me up on lobby :D.

EpIc
Basic Member

Post by EpIc »

Blacky just does blacky lol. Him and me always played together in 2v2's and in 4v4's was him wing me pocket or vice versa but he would almost never go air :P He's a ground whore. Still remember when we would be on Teamspeak in our 4v4's with KaI Bum and Megs sometimes. KaI Bum would loose their side and always yell at Blacky but he would be holding strong. A lot of times we did loose our side when we lost but They would always jump at him. You couldnt convince KaI otherwise either he had his mind set on one thing and set in his ways always.

SlipKnoT
Nemesis

Post by SlipKnoT »

oh how i miss the old days and all the stories and politics of ee :P

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

kai wasn't good imo. Always just going bombers, it's not the hardest thing in the world.

btw ghost, 70% of the mod dm'ers use the comma strat, but not everyone are equally good at it. Im surprised u haven't used it before.

I would, however, say energy > swarm in their prime. maybe they're equal lol both very good.

Ghost
Administrator

Post by Ghost »

I still use comma a lot when I play DM but I don't use it nearly as much as BS described to me. I prefer to be more precise and that's really not all that possible when you use comma. I think my overall speed makes up for (or used to make up for) the time I take to get what I want in comparison to relying on comma. In the end it really ends up being a mix for me, I wouldn't call it a strategy.

I think Swarm is much better at expanding than Energy, and definitely better at resisting a rush with a base hug than Energy. I remember playing against Blackie 2v1 on medium (well, BS had a comp on his team, lol). I was vs. the comp and I was letting the other 2 go head to head, but when my partner (don't remember who it was) was struggling, I almost couldn't stop him. It was another hour before we were able to push him back and then another hour after that to kill him. I could never imagine it being that difficult vs. Energy.

c1s
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: c1s

Post by c1s »

I played both and my vote goes to Energy. Energy was simply more dynamic with his game play and strags. I agree it would a be hell of a 1 vs 1 game but I see Energy wining at the end. :D However, I think Nemo is up there with them. Dm NOOBS!

Captain Nemo
Global Moderator

Post by Captain Nemo »

oh energy is better at expanding. Thats his specialty. He prefers to be pocket though and go bombers, mix in ground of course. I agree swarm is better at using base hug strat, but energy is primary pocket whereas swarm is wing, so I guess it's only natural.

I think I use comma as much a swarm does though. It's the best way of pushing ur opponent while u have some time to boom. You may waste alot of units, but ur opponent is so busy microing, that his eco eventually suck when urs is booming :)

LacRimoSa
Epic Multiplayer Scenario Team Member
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] LacRimoSa

Post by LacRimoSa »

mhm... just me, or is the thread called "Grens" ?

Return to “EE General Discussion”