WhatsApp Groups

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

WhatsApp Groups

Post by Arntzen »

Currently these are the WhatsApp groups I'm aware of:

Neo EE (mostly used for P2N games)
https://chat.whatsapp.com/DjR2qEPd7d0LMuAOBWgT2m

Mid AOC Group
https://chat.whatsapp.com/LrxZ9iylwG6KYgp1ChgZv6
Some people been having issues with the AOC link. Send me a personal message of your phone number and I can add you manually

P2N Islands
-Will soon get link

These groups are to make it easier to get in touch with other players. When you got a game hosted you can post in the group and offline players can see and get on.

Trying out Discord as well
Here is link for the NeoEE group I just made there:
https://discord.gg/2RuPkcy
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

AEnima
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: AEnema

Re: WhatsApp Groups

Post by AEnima »

How does this even work? I feel like I joined it but I don't see any chat or anything. Am I retarded?

_DavE_
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: _[eC]_DavE_

Post by _DavE_ »

Did you join the Aoc group Calv? Cause nothing has appeared saying that you've joined.

AEnima
Intermediate Member

Post by AEnima »

how i do dat

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

You managed to click on the first link and join that group, I have faith you'll be able to click on the second link as well.

AEnima
Intermediate Member

Post by AEnima »

Arntzen wrote:You managed to click on the first link and join that group, I have faith you'll be able to click on the second link as well.
I had yet to join the first group when you posted this. Furthermore, the AoC group link is just nothing for me, I could be doing something wrong, I'm not sure.

Dr.MonaLisa
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: Dr.MonaLisa

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

I would personally recommend to use other messenger, not WhatsApp which shares phone numbers between members.
I wrote little more why it's not safe to use WhatsApp here: https://forum.ee2.eu/viewtopic.php?p=20004#p20004
Basically:
- In some countries personal information (like full name, address) can be tracked by the phone number.
- Old Android devices can be easily hacked with: http://fortune.com/2015/07/27/stagefrig ... lity-text/ if the hacker knows your phone number.

In the EE2 community some players decided to create such WhatsApp groups in the past, and then other players were receiving empty calls from forbidden numbers. I have at least 1 information that this case end up at police.

By the way, I don't know how WhatsApp privacy changed during last 2 years, so maybe it doesn't share phone numbers anymore. However, if anybody who clicks on the link has the access to this group - it's not very safe.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

What do you recommend then?

Dr.MonaLisa
Forum Noob

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Arntzen wrote:What do you recommend then?
I'm sorry, it's hard to recommend anything... Skype would be good, but then some people assign their phone numbers to skype accounts... so the same effect.

The best thing would be an Android app with the chat connected to the current multiplayer lobby (a special room for phone chatting). But that would take a lot of time to do :(

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Post by Jodocus »

Just don't log out from the lobby. Now as there are outside-lobby notifications (on both EE1 and EE2), the host can just whisper/invite. And if you do not logout, it accumulates more players, leading to self-amplifying effects.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Sure, but this was more for the players who are really unactive.. P2N Island players for example.. Or those AOC guys who log on once a year and are surprised no AOC players are on.

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Post by Jodocus »

Arntzen wrote:Sure, but this was more for the players who are really unactive.. P2N Island players for example.. Or those AOC guys who log on once a year and are surprised no AOC players are on.
And you believe such players would join such groups more regularily? If so, why?

Dr.MonaLisa
Forum Noob

Post by Dr.MonaLisa »

Jodocus wrote:And you believe such players would join such groups more regularily? If so, why?
I know it's not a question directed to me, but: WhatsApp works on the phone, so people get notification wherever they are (school, work, forest, etc.). A lot of people doesn't even use computer everyday, just their smartphones.
However, this idea wouldn't make the Multiplayer population bigger. It would be only used for talking about everything except EE. People would share their food pics, etc. I know that because the EE2 WhatsApp groups still exist, and while I personally am not in that group, I have some spies who regularly inform me about everything what happens in there. However, almost none of these players who're chatting or spying for me are playing EE2... So if we talk about any chatting group (WhatsApp, Skype, Special App), then you should know that it won't make the multiplayer community more active. Maybe for the first 2 weeks some people from the group would play more, but then as I said - it would be used for everything but EE.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

1. Join AOC MID group
2. Get text msg when game is up/need players
3. Get on

This is how the P2N island games get played btw

AEnima