NeoEE Ladder Ranking

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Black Star
Lobby Username: Die Gurke

Re: NeoEE Ladder Ranking

Post by Black Star »

Great Idea, only thing i stronlgy encourage to change ist the fact that a visible rank is only shown if you have >= 50% win ratio
[22:23:06] [-Ts-] Tricky: i dont even know what my name is anymore

Jodocus
NeoEE Developer
Lobby Username: Jodocus

Post by Jodocus »

Black Star wrote:Great Idea, only thing i stronlgy encourage to change ist the fact that a visible rank is only shown if you have >= 50% win ratio
Why so?

Aizen
Basic Member
Lobby Username: ll/Wolfy

Post by Aizen »

so if there was A ranking System, How the matchup will be?
-NeW-: wolfy = ts anarchy
-NeW-: 0-4
--------------------------------------
"won him again 0-3"
-NeW- whispers to you: omg i ignored you u only talk bull shit fuck kiddy havent nothing need money about your parents fuck nerd son of the bitc*

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

You make a game with 4 stars in it and play whoever you want. How much you're rewarded in terms of points if you win depends on the skill level of your opponent.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

_DavE_
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: _[eC]_DavE_

Post by _DavE_ »

So it''s basically similar to Rankade.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

Except this is gonna be automatic

Black Star
Lobby Username: Die Gurke

Post by Black Star »

Black Star wrote:Great Idea, only thing i stronlgy encourage to change ist the fact that a visible rank is only shown if you have >= 50% win ratio
Imo this would very much discourage people from playing better guys. ´Cause if you say play 5 games vs a better player and loose 2-3 depending on the gap you might still come out with a positive margin. But your W/L ratio will go down. So for mediocore players who are slightly about 50%, they really dont want to do that, even if it gaines them points.

Even if youre a well skilled player, but you end up playing majority of games vs eC guys. Lets take tano e.g.. He might do lots of 1v1s with other eC´s so his W/L might be kinda bad and might result in not gettim him ranked even if hes better than most. Get my point?
[22:23:06] [-Ts-] Tricky: i dont even know what my name is anymore

Aizen
Basic Member
Lobby Username: ll/Wolfy

Post by Aizen »

Why is it even showing the Win Ratio?
if its depending on ranks, Everyone has a start Point, he will Improve sooner.
-NeW-: wolfy = ts anarchy
-NeW-: 0-4
--------------------------------------
"won him again 0-3"
-NeW- whispers to you: omg i ignored you u only talk bull shit fuck kiddy havent nothing need money about your parents fuck nerd son of the bitc*

AEnima
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: AEnema

Post by AEnima »

Black Star wrote:
Imo this would very much discourage people from playing better guys. ´Cause if you say play 5 games vs a better player and loose 2-3 depending on the gap you might still come out with a positive margin. But your W/L ratio will go down. So for mediocore players who are slightly about 50%, they really dont want to do that, even if it gaines them points.

Even if youre a well skilled player, but you end up playing majority of games vs eC guys. Lets take tano e.g.. He might do lots of 1v1s with other eC´s so his W/L might be kinda bad and might result in not gettim him ranked even if hes better than most. Get my point?
The idea of an ELO type system is to prevent what you just talked about. Win% does not matter as much as quality of wins. If you've ever played AOE3, there are highly ranked people with less than 50% win.

herik
Momma's boy
Lobby Username: herik

Post by herik »

So to bring a discussion up, that we recently had in another post about the Smurf Detector.
This Ladder thing perhaps may keep everyone happy.
Players want to be able to smurf=win
Pre players want to see how good a player is=win.

I really don't mind smurfing, playing on a account that no-body knows with a gold star next to my name.
This way I win, I can experiment etc etc. Pre players know that I know how to build houses, towers etc etc.

Focus on implementing this ranking tool over Smurf detecting tool is my vote.

Arntzen
Administrator

Post by Arntzen »

You could still smurf and let it be unknown to everyone how good you are by not hosting/playing in 4 star games, or by only playing 99 ranked games on the new name, then make another one.

Return to “EE General Discussion”