Another weird scenario bug

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
stemocell
Forum Noob

Another weird scenario bug

Post by stemocell »

Hello

I recently asked how to get engineers and locked buildings into random maps, since that I started to make my own random maps in scnenario editor, it's just better with more freedom. So I started the game, played against 4 bot enemies, everything worked fine, but after few hours I started to feel like something is wrong. I got bit closer to the enemies and saw that for some reason they don't use any planes, siege weapons or tanks. They don't even build the factories, only barracs and naval units. Why could this be? I enabled all buildings :?
Or do I have to use some kind of trigger for that?
Also now I saw that they only build docks, no naval bases, so they also don't use submarines or carriers. Why is it that they use some buildings as usually and never build others? IN the tech tree I enabled all technologies and buildings for all players.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Re: Another weird scenario bug

Post by lightnessking. »

there is an AI part in the scenario editor, you have to play around with that. If you run the game, the AI will be like a 1 year old baby with no knowledge. You have to manually add all that knowledge yourself.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Udolf
Lobby Username: Udolf

Post by Udolf »

If you just load the scenario editor, the computer behaves like a retard for some reason. I tried many times, but it seems this can't be changed in the scenario editor, not even with Triggers.

There is only one way around it:
Play a single player game against the computer with the settings that you want. You can put the difficulty on either medium or hard. On hard the computer units will take less damage than you, on medium the computer units will take normal damage.
Then you need to save the game and change the save game ending into "scn".
Load the scn file. The computer will behave as he does normally in these games.

lightnessking.
Nemesis

Post by lightnessking. »

Udolf wrote:If you just load the scenario editor, the computer behaves like a retard for some reason. I tried many times, but it seems this can't be changed in the scenario editor, not even with Triggers.

There is only one way around it:
Play a single player game against the computer with the settings that you want. You can put the difficulty on either medium or hard. On hard the computer units will take less damage than you, on medium the computer units will take normal damage.
Then you need to save the game and change the save game ending into "scn".
Load the scn file. The computer will behave as he does normally in these games.
It is possible if you use the AI controls provided in the scen editor. But then again it's a lot of work to make a nice proper AI.
You cannot make another post so soon after your last.

Return to “EE General Discussion”