Grens

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
ben55

Re: Grens

Post by ben55 »

gren is about as simple game play as it gets i don't see how you can argue in the defense of it, i bet he plays it about a tenth as much as you do as well
"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "I'm possible"!"

CusTomm
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: CusTomm

Post by CusTomm »

No you really can argue about it , maybe it isnt hard to choose the unit or the right unit like in liga , or maybe it isnt that hard to boom in gren, but gren got diffrent civs as well , gren probably is hardder to micro than cav , and i strongly believe that. Gren games these days often go very long because the people boom first and try to make advantage from this , so you have huge amounts of units which you have to handel on hills , and most time very close to your opposite who try to built hospitals right in front of you to get advantage. Gren rush is hard to , you have to micro the few grens very well so you wont loose to much , loosing 2 grens in rush means that you are dead...
Gren is easy to start of , because the people start with the same start. But i dont know another set where micro is so important and difficult, there is no other set where loosing a littel amount of units can cause you loose.

Lets compare Gren to liga at this stage.
The start
Liga is hard to start off , finding hippos, explore the map and still be quite fast , you also can do 2 settel start and boom a bit more. Okay Liga is more difficult at the start.

The rush :

Gren rush is horrible important, you have to be very fast with your hot keys at start and get a lot of units in f11 3. Than you attack and try to get the opposit from his hill with very short attacks, but try your units not to get hurt...
Liga rush, well some do a forward rush, but with the right unit and a tower you can defend this rush easily. One knight probably owns 2 sowrds , so i wont consider the rush as that important , many people go with 2 settel start, like samuel...

The Boom :

Well Tl allways is harder to boom, but still , gren cost food and cits too , you have to get massiv amount of grens , because every littel amount of less units can cause the loss. Hmm what is better doing my 4th rax f11 5 and go with mass grens untill f11 10 , when i didnt win untill there i probably lost , because i cant have enough food to get the right boom.
So there is diffrent ways of doing during the boom

The micro

I said everything above , Liga micro can be important , but depense on age, mid obviously cav micro is quite importantl, but the only thing you do is run back , press ctrl to shoot.

If you are still sure that gren is very very easy , fine with me , but i can say that all the points i listed above are true ! In liga the boom is mmuch more difficult, but thats all , if you wanna say that boom is whole empire earth fine, i have much more fun when i have to conzentarte a lot and be really fast with my player speed. And no set can give me that apart from gren!

Probably lots of spelling mistakes, but doesnt matter , i was in hurry

ben55

Post by ben55 »

i don't want to argue with you because really it isn't the worth the time. you are entitled to your opinion fair enough, but you should try to be a little less bias in your comparisons

CusTomm
Advanced Member

Post by CusTomm »

Why do you think i am bias , because the people tell me this everyday they loose vs me.
You are basically all saying that noobs come to the game first time and already can play Gren, this is quite anoying.
I trained lots of noobs to very successfull gren players, have you ever tried this , have you ever had the experience ? I did and it takes a long time to get them to good gren players.

I have to say i used to play much more sets and also trained people or total beginners in mid and can tell you for sure that this went on much quicker.
Gren is different , but that it is only 1 unit , doesnt make it easier at all, like i told you 100 times before, diffrent sets bring diffrent difficulties in the game.

ben55

Post by ben55 »

i never said noobs can log on and be good at grenwars, i said it is good start for them learn the game, and im quite confident a large amount of people would agree with that, and as for liga versus grenwar i really don't want to argue with you, but if you believe that more power to you glad you play something you enjoy and is challenging to you.

devilridermax
Intermediate Member
Lobby Username: devilrider

Post by devilridermax »

CusTomm wrote:Why do you think i am bias , because the people tell me this everyday they loose vs me.
You are basically all saying that noobs come to the game first time and already can play Gren, this is quite anoying.
I trained lots of noobs to very successfull gren players, have you ever tried this , have you ever had the experience ? I did and it takes a long time to get them to good gren players.

I have to say i used to play much more sets and also trained people or total beginners in mid and can tell you for sure that this went on much quicker.
Gren is different , but that it is only 1 unit , doesnt make it easier at all, like i told you 100 times before, diffrent sets bring diffrent difficulties in the game.

theres only so good you can become in grenwar with one unit, the civs are really limited i mean
gren with attack + range or hp + range or super gren
id like for you to post anything else ( maybe farming as a joke subsituted ) yeah you micro so what do you belive that this set really has anything over other sets in difficutly ? youd be pushing yourself trying to think of it

"If you are still sure that gren is very very easy , fine with me , but i can say that all the points i listed above are true ! In liga the boom is mmuch more difficult, but thats all , if you wanna say that boom is whole empire earth fine, i have much more fun when i have to conzentarte a lot and be really fast with my player speed. And no set can give me that apart from gren!"

lol your full of shit
the first 20 secodns of grenwar is fast, if you know your hotkeys then its really nothing after

i do 10x more shit in liga then gren when rushing so idk
do you even play liga at a decent level?

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Obviously everyone else is already busy tearing you apart for your foolish defense of "Grens" so I think I'll stay out of this one.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

CusTomm
Advanced Member

Post by CusTomm »

devilridermax wrote:
CusTomm wrote:Why do you think i am bias , because the people tell me this everyday they loose vs me.

theres only so good you can become in grenwar with one unit, the civs are really limited i mean
gren with attack + range or hp + range or super gren
id like for you to post anything else ( maybe farming as a joke subsituted ) yeah you micro so what do you belive that this set really has anything over other sets in difficutly ? youd be pushing yourself trying to think of it

"If you are still sure that gren is very very easy , fine with me , but i can say that all the points i listed above are true ! In liga the boom is mmuch more difficult, but thats all , if you wanna say that boom is whole empire earth fine, i have much more fun when i have to conzentarte a lot and be really fast with my player speed. And no set can give me that apart from gren!"

lol your full of shit
the first 20 secodns of grenwar is fast, if you know your hotkeys then its really nothing after

i do 10x more shit in liga then gren when rushing so idk
do you even play liga at a decent level?
I dunno who you are, but if you are only fast in grens at your start , you are probably one of this campers , who will just sit in their base and boom , doing nothing.
I bet you will never learn how to micro 300 grens correctly if you say that you are not fast with it

Elite
Advanced Member
Lobby Username: Elite

Post by Elite »

If you think gren wars is a difficult or good sett, you're a retard in the truest sense of the word. All it does is reduce the game to the lowest common denominator of skill in all areas. You micro one unit, you structure your eco to mass one unit, you build the necessary infrastructure to mass and support one unit, and there's one civ. Don't tell me there's more than 1 civ when every grenwar player I have ever seen uses the same civ. The speed civ might be fun but I don't see it working against anyone decent. All grens is - same start as mid sh sword, rally nearest hill and mass grens, camp your base (since 99% of players cry about eco raping and wall at start anyway) and then go once you have hero. Its a fucking stupid sett for people who can't understand the concept of counters. Learn to play liga or mod tl or something that actually requires intelligent thought. Goddamn I hate you and everything you stand for.

~Rant over. But seriously, if people spent less time honing their ability to mass 1 unit and ctrl walk, and more time learning to play real setts, this game wouldn't be so dead and I could have a decent mod tl once in a while.

empire2
Basic Member

Post by empire2 »

Elite wrote:If you think gren wars is a difficult or good sett, you're a retard in the truest sense of the word. All it does is reduce the game to the lowest common denominator of skill in all areas. You micro one unit, you structure your eco to mass one unit, you build the necessary infrastructure to mass and support one unit, and there's one civ. Don't tell me there's more than 1 civ when every grenwar player I have ever seen uses the same civ. The speed civ might be fun but I don't see it working against anyone decent. All grens is - same start as mid sh sword, rally nearest hill and mass grens, camp your base (since 99% of players cry about eco raping and wall at start anyway) and then go once you have hero. Its a fucking stupid sett for people who can't understand the concept of counters. Learn to play liga or mod tl or something that actually requires intelligent thought. Goddamn I hate you and everything you stand for.

~Rant over. But seriously, if people spent less time honing their ability to mass 1 unit and ctrl walk, and more time learning to play real setts, this game wouldn't be so dead and I could have a decent mod tl once in a while.
you don't have to be intelligent to be able to use counter units either though..
Im not trying to defend grenwars

Elite
Advanced Member

Post by Elite »

In a normal game you have to know when its more efficient to counter as opposed to continuing to mass the same units, what quantities of counter units you need to be effective, how to structure your economy to produce a mixed military, and how to effectively micro combined armies. In gren wars you just have to memorize a start, know how to control walk, and know how to spam the B and A hotkeys. Against a good player with experience in other setts you'd have to worry about eco raiding and perhaps some more advanced micro, but even then it will be less complex than playing them in a real sett. 99% of Gren players just rely on massing to carry the day.

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

i only read the comparison of liga to grens. but i found it hilarious. ur trying to say because u only have 1 unit it makes it harder? ur comparison doesn't take into account many things. for 1. yes 1 knights does > 2 swords however u play according to ur map. if u have a goldmine next to a patch i doubt any liga player will go swords. u cant really counter strat off start.

ill say this in the simplest way i think even u might understand. pretend this is situation is a multiple choice test paper. liga having more options (a, b ,c, d). because of all the variables that are associated with the sett. grens having (a, b) because of all the restrictions put in place. which test paper do you think you would have more chance passing/is easier?

CusTomm
Advanced Member

Post by CusTomm »

True but i would say than a,b is harder. Guys i am observing many ligas , and some i play. Liga players have a rediculous micro with bigger armys , because most liga 1vs1 will probably end around f11 20-25 or something. So they really cant handel with big armys , and i think empire earth is not only giving one unit, but thatwhy i just play some more sets than gren, never the less empire earth is also giving the oppertunity to mass army later on in boom games... And it is probably the most important thing to controll this army. Probably you werent in the situation of 300 grens on a tiny hill with forest on it ?! I can just tell you that to keep your army not running through the whole map you have to micro quite hard. On plain maps it is fine...

I Never said that liga is easier or anything, but if i feel like more units , i play a mod in between.
I am just wondering people keep saying gren is easy , but cant play it their selfs but still say that every ee player with experience in other sets can handel gren.

Every set is played diffrently in a way, mid for example is about rushing and killing cits, mod is about expanding really well, but so gren is as a rule-set w/e you wanna call it. The people in there arent going there because they cant play other sets. Deathlord / Jack oneill are all playing gren, too.
Just repeating my self but if you think it is so easy , have a 1vs1 vs me and if you win it is really easy for you, if you loose you have to learn gren :D

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

theres nothing hard about controlling 10 of the same unit or 300 of the same unit. especially guns. where the only micro id use is the pull the first few rows bak through ur army. it may lag a little more with 300 units but its the same shit. add dragoons a some bronze cannons. and microing becomes alot harder.
im still a little confused that u actually said (a, b) would b more difficult. same test paper same questions just less variables. = harder? i think ull b on ur own for that 1.

Elite
Advanced Member

Post by Elite »

I've seen alot of allsetts players be effective at grenwars despite rarely playing it, myself included. On the other hand I've seen alot of grenwars players who patently refuse to play anything else because they know theyll get their ass kicked in a more complex game. Frankly I have no interest in trying to micro 300 of one unit, at that point the limitations of the game interface and game engine become more of a problem than my actual micro abilities. Basically once you have a large-scale grens battle where both parties have a hero and enough grens to kill said hero in 1-2 volleys, assuming both players are not absolutely retarded and since theyll obviously be using the same civ it becomes about who has more mass / is a better masser. Obviously morale terrain basic micro etc. apply but these elements also apply in other setts, grens simply removes the issue of counters and the related eco elements. All things being equal, grens is about massing. It represents a dumbing down of the game and it sucks that so many people only play that sett. For me its no better than tetris to be honest.

Return to “EE General Discussion”