Ishtar to strong !

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Lancelot5
Lobby Username: Lancelot5

Ishtar to strong !

Post by Lancelot5 »

Would be nice if the strength of Ishtar could be decreased for earlygame. It increase wall hp for like 200% and since there is no aoe dmg from sieges its not really possible to break some walls. Later in Imperial and WW1 ages walls HP is ok. So would it be possible to change ishtar that way it always gives a different amount of building HP bonus per age ?

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Re: Ishtar to strong !

Post by Arntzen »

Or change the way building HP tech from University works.

BUT I presume your talking about p2. And if someone get's an Ishtar in those games when it is REALLY expensive I think the HP is good. Haven't really seen much of an issue with this in my p2-games, 99% of the time people get Zeus instead something I think is a much better choice.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Lancelot5

Post by Lancelot5 »

Damn always such answers ....
What can u do with ur Zeus when someone has Ishtar and sit behind walls ? - nearly nothing. It just become a pretty borring boomgame with Ishtar.

BigRon
Lobby Username: BigRon

Post by BigRon »

just play pre to stone then, faggot

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Or host p2 no ak/minewall/pt/isthar :)
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Lancelot5

Post by Lancelot5 »

BigRon wrote:just play pre to stone then, faggot
I not even know u ....
katzer wrote: Or host p2 no ak/minewall/pt/isthar
We already did in past.
If u guys dont want discuss or give some normal statements why come and talk shit.
Why a bronze siege need much more time to destroy a copper wall then a mid siege to destroy a midage wall ?

Ghost
Administrator
Lobby Username: [-Ts-] Ghost

Post by Ghost »

It's a strategic trade off. Ishtar for defense, Zeus for offense. The game is already balanced.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
-•¤Lazy Bone¤•-: we had to double ghost or we had no chance
•§ITHLORD§•(surfer): artylery give no many domage on aa mobile since 3 day

simple_faith
Nemesis
Lobby Username: simple_faith

Post by simple_faith »

lancealot5 is probably the most retarded fucking african american malaria blood infected faggot i have ever met, dare i say more than that compared to Manni, its simply insane, just my 2 cents

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

if they want to spend all those resources on a wonderer theat gives your buildings more hp. good for him its only affecting his walls. you should expect to get some return on your investment and 200%hp isnt even that great of a return at that stage of the game imo. u asked what can a zues do in pre.. well with a hero and upgraged clubs they can pretty much do what ever they want inside your ecolines. and as long as u make it to stone. u can bring down buildings and walls with minimal loses.

Lancelot5

Post by Lancelot5 »

Maybe I should have wrote a bit more about what I dislike at Ishtar for a better understanding. First of all my viewpoint is as a medit-pre-player on eec and partly plains on aoc too. I don´t know how important Ishtar is on other sets so I can´t say there much.
But nevertheless u cant say its balanced early-game since bronze siege needs like 70 hits to kill a wall from age before and a midage siege just 57 hits to kill a wall at same age.

But now to medit on eec:
We always try to make some fair teams. So as a pocket it can be that u get a strong wing or a weak one depending on ur playstyle early-game.This just means that the best choice for u is to pick a weak early-game civ with many eco bonus for lategame. So after a couple of games u mostly play with strong wings. Now the opponent pocket has to use a mass civ to help his weak wing out. What is okay. Later when the game turns into copper-bronzeage u have to hit with ur mass civ because otherwise its just GG.
BUT BOOOOM u cant hit because there is an Ishtar. So what u gonna do ? There still some options but they mostly wont work. Like trying to land and hope that they forget a part on their seawall or try to make some sieges and elephants to break wall. What also not work because it cost to much POPULATION.
And that´s why I am not agree with u taco. U right that Zeus is a really strong wonder and u can kill a lot with it. But don’t forget if u face walls with ishtar it cost u much time to destroy them. While u already have spent resources on Army and also don’t have the Population used for citz, the opponent become much faster. That´s why Ishtar can be a better "return of investment" for the opponent than Zeus for u. This is also why mentioned the idea about changing the Population cost between army and citz on another post.

Now to plains:
On plains u not that much affected as on medit. Not because there would be more ways to hit – there aren’t. The reason is that normally all have the same civ with expan and same eco bonus. But nevertheless even there it turns game into boomgame I would just start attack at reni-imp too.

For me and several other players aggressive games are more fun. I always asking myself when we boom “100 hours” to ww1 ages and start fighting why didn’t we start ww1 age so much waste of time.

"The game is already balanced" - Partly not balanced.

taco
Civ Nazi
Lobby Username: taco

Post by taco »

okay firstly i dont want to discourage you to post on the forum. but you really dont need to be an expert to realise out of all the imbalances ee might have. this is trivial in comparison. your a pre2 player, you already have 2 whole ages of building armies and raping ppl b4 they are able to wall, this is at least 20mins of rape fest. to me building an ishtar is a selfish move by a teammate(yes he can wall the entire team) but if u ask me if hes doing that he also has to look after the entire wall. which i doubt he will be able to do successfully. and im sure your team would be shitting themselves alot more if he made a colli or maybe even a zeus instead. to me a ishtar says please you seige towers on me and destroy my eco because thats what i plan to do for the next 40mins is eco up. i doubt ur maths is correct on how many times a seige unit has to attack a wall peice. but then again how many 1 on 1 clubs would be able to beat your club which has a zeus. in the end ur siege unit wins. their club.. well it never wins.

ive started to rant and go a bit off topic so ill sum up everything i said in a way you can actually understand. you know what their goal is by building that wonderer it is not hard to exploit that, 1.5k of eco used to make that wonderer you should have 1.5k to help you be able to exploit it.

Return to “EE General Discussion”