Game rules

Talk about anything EE related and doesn't belong in another forum. Gameplay, chit-chat, or any questions you have -- it all belongs here.
Neotje
Intermediate Member

Game rules

Post by Neotje »

I was just playing with a player who recently rejoined, and he mentions that the rules do not mention that glitch-use/abuse is not permitted. This got me thinking "well, I remember there were some glitches which are not allowed in the rules", so I wanted to check them.

I cannot find the rules, where are they actually listed, is it just the popup when you join? It seems this got lost with the recent loss of the website.

j-s
Forum Noob
Lobby Username: j-s

Re: Game rules

Post by j-s »

I am also curious about this topic. Noticed many players using the dog/speed glitch. Yesterday someone claimed the use of a food glitch which i am not aware of too. Anyways i would like to know if there are any rules around glitches. THank youu :)

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Group speed glitch where different units you control move equally fast has been controversial over the years, but is generally accepted because:
1. Can easily be done by accident
2. It's something done naturally by players, and would be difficult to avoid
3. Strategies developed involving group speed which would radically change EE if it suddenly was disallowed

Of course whenever a player encounters a new method of utilizing group speed one can wonder whether this new method also should be allowed.
Making dogs in P2N Island was common even in the noob games that I played back in Sierra days, so this is not something new. What is fairly recent (last 5 years) is the strategy of building a wall around some dogs on your island which makes group speed dog+artillery easier to do. This is basically just an improvement of a old strategy.
As far as I'm aware the only time group speed is considered illegal by players (not an official rule by NeoEE, or Save-EE) is group speed citizen+club in p2n to lure hippo/walrus/elephant that spawned close to enemy base to your own. Reason is quite simply because players like Lance or me would literally do this every single game and it makes P2N less fun. Effectively you would start luring+killing all ele/walrus/hippo in the first minute of the game.
Other controversial group speeding methods include Hurricane+fishboat, Antimatter Storm+fighters, club or spear+prophet. Many players do complain about this as abusive but they have been allowed in the vast majority of games for as long as I can remember.

My conclusion: Group speed is completely fine (except for the p2n cit+club animal luring method).

P2N Island rules that I'm aware of:
Not allowed to attack an enemy or land on enemy island until f11 60.
Diffraction Shield is not allowed to be used on nukes.
No Coliseum wonder (this used to be allowed but it became illegal because many players disliked it).
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Neotje
Intermediate Member

Post by Neotje »

Yeah, group speed is typically accepted/unaccepted, and was never a bannable offence as far as I know. However we had a list with glitches that was not allowed at some point, for example blocking the unit production of buildings, glitching holes into a wall, and I guess some more of them. The guy I was playing with figured "well if it's not disallowed, it must be allowed". And I can't actually find a spot which... disallows it. Some glitches are also way more obvious glitches than others. Putting a shield on a unit is not a glitch, that's a feature (and disallowed as a game rule), the group speed is... probably a glitch, but defendable as a feature. Deleting walls is... probably a glitch.

Arntzen
Administrator
Lobby Username: _[eC]_Arntzen_

Post by Arntzen »

Neotje wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:37 am
Yeah, group speed is typically accepted/unaccepted, and was never a bannable offence as far as I know. However we had a list with glitches that was not allowed at some point, for example blocking the unit production of buildings, glitching holes into a wall, and I guess some more of them. The guy I was playing with figured "well if it's not disallowed, it must be allowed". And I can't actually find a spot which... disallows it. Some glitches are also way more obvious glitches than others. Putting a shield on a unit is not a glitch, that's a feature (and disallowed as a game rule), the group speed is... probably a glitch, but defendable as a feature. Deleting walls is... probably a glitch.
You must be talking about the old lobby ToS:
chrome_DFEIHRTvo7.png
This part of the forum was removed when NeoEE came out. This was made by the Save-EE team and don't apply to NeoEE.
A Good Place to Start: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=3884
Click to download: eC Civilization

Neotje
Intermediate Member

Post by Neotje »

Yeah, exactly, I was thinking of those, so I guess those are from... the last lobby of like what? 6 years ago? If those rules don't apply anymore, where can I find the rules that do apply?

Return to “EE General Discussion”